Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

watching the draft, so many of these player shots show huge ass draft parties with people that are clearly not their close immediate family. There was one in particular early on where one of the guy's gfs could be seen telling people to go back and hide in the hallway.....and then after he got drafted, they all came out and filled the living room. 

• Sad 1

I'm getting depressed following case and death totals and reading the main COVID-19 thread every day. Thought I was getting into a healthier frame of mind and could handle it but that's clearly not the case yet. Good news is coming in far too slowly. I did notice that California's hospitalization totals have dropped 12% from the end of last month, so that's good news. 

Also really stressed out because I'm supposed to hear back about a huge job opportunity by the end of the week and we're there now. I hate having to send out check in emails with prospective employers and would really rather not. 

I'm glad this thread exists because it's consistently hilarious. 

• Like 4

as admitted in the music thread i just had my first time-displacement episode of virus mentitus

i'd been waiting for the draft, even chanting "thursday" in my head the lst few days and sat in the draft thread posting all night and watching the coverage and yet somehow thinking at times it was friday night...then this a.m. even though tv programming indicated otherwise, i'm thinking until just about a half hour ago it was saturday

i presume further deterioration from my already questionable state of being

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jumbo said:

as admitted in the music thread i just had my first time-displacement episode of virus mentitus

i'd been waiting for the draft, even chanting "thursday" in my head the lst few days and sat in the draft thread posting all night and watching the coverage and yet somehow thinking at times it was friday night...then this a.m. even though tv programming indicated otherwise, i'm thinking until just about a half hour ago it was saturday

i presume further deterioration from my already questionable state of being

Dude, a couple weeks ago I swore it was Wednesday.  Nope. Friday. Lol. It's crazy how we're such routine oriented creatures now that (at least for some of us), a long enough disruption of normal, everyday activities, seems to alter time itself. I completely forgot the Draft was this week until night before last, and was like "Holy ****"

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Aren't you upset seeing all these bums living the retired life that you earned?

Nope, these are trying times, time for humans to show some humanity. This virus is something never seen before. I definitely think that we should be supporting bottom up rather than top down. The ones at the top don't need it. I've asked this question before: how many millions/billions does one really need when minimum wage is only $7 something an hour, it doesn't pay rent in any state let alone feed families and care for children, substandard healthcare, and so on. 

We are all responsible for our choices in life, we shouldn't have to live in extreme poverty when there are those with millions/billions. It's insane.

• Like 2