Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

Oh, and before Destino got me side tracked I came in to post two things.

1. My favorite cider company, Bold Rock, is now making Old Fashioned and Moscow Mule. In a can. These ****ers are 7.5% so I’ll probably be pretty drunk soon.

2. Glass Animals has been doing covers for the quarantine.  They’ve done Heart Shaped Box and Young and Beautiful so far.  Both, excellent covers with a decidedly Glass Animals take.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Question for @Destino....

How bad is it really?  Do you have any co-morbidities?

I’m a youngish 50YO, 6’1” 230, athletic, good hair...and I kinda wanna just get it over with.  Take my chances and grab some antibodies.

Or is that crazy?

I don’t think I have corona virus.  I think I have a standard sinus infection.  I have no risk factors I’m aware of other than a total inability to stay in bed until I’ve fully recovered from anything. 

A friend of mine had it and said it was a nightmare.  Flu, but worse.  I have nothing like that.... and that’s the scary thing with this virus.  You can’t really be sure because two people can both get it and have vastly different experiences and symptoms.  Without testing everyone for even the most minor suspicion you’re just left with uncertainty.

• Like 2

Two ways to tell if your internet buddy is going bald...

1).  They start a thread titled “I am going bald, please help.”

2). “Good hair”

13 minutes ago, Destino said:

I don’t think I have corona virus.  I think I have a standard sinus infection.  I have no risk factors I’m aware of other than a total inability to stay in bed until I’ve fully recovered from anything. 

A friend of mine had it and said it was a nightmare.  Flu, but worse.  I have nothing like that.... and that’s the scary thing with this virus.  You can’t really be sure because two people can both get it and have vastly different experiences and symptoms.  Without testing everyone for even the most minor suspicion you’re just left with uncertainty.

Thanks.  I understand how the virus works.  My question was half-serious, at best.

I'm  fairly confident I had it. Fever, aches and pains like I got pounded by Mike Tyson and Ernie Shavers.  No sense of taste or smell (which was an earlier symptom that I chalked up to a simultaneous minor blockage. Usually not that fast tho with a run of the mill virus. Nose was a river as well.

So much fluid in my lungs I was gurgling with every few breaths, which would cause me to cough, and when I would cough? Holy ****. Like liquid knives. Worst cough I've ever had, and what would come out would be something probably resembling radioactive ooze. BP was higher than normal, too. 

I was like this for a couple weeks, but the cough lasted an extra 2-3. Still had random nose leakage during this time, which was also strange

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Destino said:

It’s clear that prison would kill me (and that I’m prone to dramatic overthinking when bored).  If not for books and Netflix I’d have attempted to climb out a window.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm  fairly confident I had it. Fever, aches and pains like I got pounded by Mike Tyson and Ernie Shavers.  No sense of taste or smell (which was an earlier symptom that I chalked up to a simultaneous minor blockage. Usually not that fast tho with a run of the mill virus. Nose was a river as well.

So much fluid in my lungs I was gurgling with every few breaths, which would cause me to cough, and when I would cough? Holy ****. Like liquid knives. Worst cough I've ever had, and what would come out would be something probably resembling radioactive ooze. BP was higher than normal, too. 

I was like this for a couple weeks, but the cough lasted an extra 2-3. Still had random nose leakage during this time, which was also strange

**** that.  I’m going to eat another orange now, just in case.  Glad you’re ok.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Destino said:

**** that.  I’m going to eat another orange now, just in case.  Glad you’re ok.

Yeah man, it was wild. Docs diagnosed me with pneumonia, but didnt seem too confidant (based on the sample, and mi d you, this is like 2-3 weeks before the coronavirus tsunami), and weren't sure how to treat it so they refrained from any antibiotics and mostly recommended over the counter stuff like coricidine and Halls cough drops.

I added green tea/honey (3 cups a day) and light pacing routine every hour for about 3-5 minutes. My brother let's me have the loft in his fancy lawyer house (****s bigger than my last apt) so I would just pace back and forth from one end to the other, because laying down made it feel worse, almost like choking.

I've been thinking more and more about the latest findings re: aggresive blood clots being a symptom, too. During the latter stages of the sick period , I DO now recall a weird feeling in my legs,  sort of like if you drive from here to like NC and dont stop, but it would last for hours at a time, then dissipate.  It all went away though when I got back to normal enough to start running again.

I've been thinking this every day (Did I have it? Did I not have it?) to the point of absurdity. I assume if testing gets to the point where every man woman and child can have one I might give it a shot, but by then I'm sure it will be completely gone, if it isnt already.

• Like 6

Watched Bad Boyz For Life last night.  I'd give it a 7/10.  It was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be. It's over the top and entertaining for 2 hours.  I did get tired of the whole "we're so old" theme throughout the whole movie though.  Like we get it, you guys are like 50 now.  It reminded me of how we keep being reminded that we are in a pandemic right now on commercials.  Like we know, thanks for reminding us.