Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

Currently sitting in standstill 495 traffic for the past hour.

Less traffic has apparently caused more trucks to crash on this stretch of 495 as they seem to have decided that careful driving is for the peasants and now’s the time to take a big ass rig and go full throttle.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

^People never slow down through there. Ever. Boggles my mind, especially now, considering that for many people around here, a trip to  their local coronavirus resort hospital could be a death sentence

Amazingly stupid and insane people drive around here.

Not even highways. Local roads these people think now is the great time to go 100. 

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

My Maserati Does one eighty-five. I lost my license now I don't drive.

I had a Grand National shut off on me on the top of the span of the Buckman Bridge in Jax, FL. I didn't believe it was a real thing, but that bridge is 3.1 miles long and I had to coast to the end.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Every time we try to make a juice that doesn't come out way we want I'm trying to save it with 100 proof vodka. I'm trying, ya'll, this quarantine thing sucks balls.

Any winners?  I could go for a beet and celery mule. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

**** this, I just got a camera ticket for doing 36 in a 25 on K st. 

Foggy bottom tunnel? 

Never seen something like this on 495. Eventually all the cars were turned around and made to drive in the opposite direction to take an exit and detour and get back on. Just a total ****show. Five accidents on the same stretch in one day...

• Like 1

Just now, No Excuses said:

Foggy bottom tunnel? 

Never seen something like this on 495. Eventually all the cars were turned around and made to drive in the opposite direction to take an exit and detour and get back on. Just a total ****show. Five accidents on the same stretch in one day...

i got a ticket on the 395 tunnel.  600!!!  i am challenging the ticket and yet to hear anything.  i was going 55 in a 35 construction zone.  

18 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

My Maserati Does one eighty-five. I lost my license now I don't drive.

everyone should experience tunnel vision, my speedometer went to 140 and I'd go 1000 rpms beyond that till stability issues required a return to normality.

****ing kids

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Any winners?  I could go for a beet and celery mule. 

Spitballing here:

Kiwi and Strawberry is overrated, watermelon can save damn near anything.

Pears are useless, actual orange juice is the best GD orange juice I've had in my life, pears are useless, pears are useless.

Carrots are safe, but one too many is like salt, you can't save it if you put too many. 

It's so obvious pretty much everything we buy in the store is from concentrate with water added to it at best, even 100% juice. 

Papaya only sounds good because Snapple said so, don't waste your time. Pears are useless, we watched it turn brown before we had a chance to mix it with anything, it was like watching an apple when you bite it and come back from the 7-11 but way faster, shocking really.

And my stomach wasn't used to thick juice, not nausea, just like "your boujee ass trying to kill us? Where's the Arizona you promised me?"

I'm convinced I'll hate beet juice, but I won't know for sure until I try, my body is ready.

Celery sounds reasonable, I prefer my broccoli with cheese so not ready to throw it down the drain like that in the juicer and see what happens. We chose not to google, just start small to keep from wasting money and promise to drink it so we don't waste food, enter the 100 proof vodka. It's more fun that way, imo.

Is there an alcoholic version of V8 out there I can compare notes with? I'm gonna need more alcohol, mixed drinks is inevitable here, talking to my mom about that.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, twa said:

everyone should experience tunnel vision, my speedometer went to 140 and I'd go 1000 rpms beyond that till stability issues required a return to normality.

****ing kids

Before I joined the Navy and was still a dumb kid, I worked at a motorcycle shop that did a lot of work on crotch rockets.  Used to do a lot of test rides on customer bikes.  No clue what my top speed ever was.  I know I saw the speedo hit 140 but no way was I looking down after that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

Amazingly stupid and insane people drive around here.

Not even highways. Local roads these people think now is the great time to go 100. 

Was pretty crazy on Great Seneca last weekend (I live in MoCo). Two drivers definitely upwards of 100. I just dont get it. I really don't. 

10 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I love carrots.

And I love pears.  

Liquify them and report back in APA.

Seeing some of these posts about folks going buckwild driving triple digits, do we really need a sequel to Idiocracy? I jest, I'm convinced there was always a segment of our society that was bone dry stupid, now the Internet makes it too easy to find them and for them to find us.

This generations episode of the apocalypse is no exception, not when this many of us have front facing cameras. I noticed the stupid people / wanting attention van diagram back in the 90s, what's really new here?

Edited by Renegade7