Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Haven't used it at all.  And yes, I think it's stupid.  It's just a way for bosses who are initially anti-WFH to make sure that you're present and accounted for and sitting at your desk and not ****ing off somewhere that you shouldn't be, like taking a call from the comfort of your bed or out on your porch.  They want to know that you're as engaged as you can be and that means being on camera and looking like you're paying attention.

I have enough to do that my weekly telework report speaks for itself.  It was cute at first, but in meeting less and less people turned their cameras on.  Only thing worse then a hot mike is hot video, enough kid cameos took care of that naturally in my office.

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Getting incredibly tired of phrases such as "our new normal," "in these uncertain times," "we're all in this together."

Yet you're still a Redskins fan... 🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

25 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Remember guys...We’re all in this together.

2 minutes ago, techboy said:

That's very reassuring to hear in these uncertain times.

I went back "to the frontlines" today. (that's the one that irks me). 

Just bagging & tagging food. (with a good plastic face shield provided).No one there has gotten sick, and I stayed busy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Getting incredibly tired of phrases such as "our new normal," "in these uncertain times," "we're all in this together."

"our new normal" in particular, is annoying, because this isn't normal.  This is a temporary situation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

living through certain times doesn't get any publicity

It's an illusion.  Inside a paradox wrapped up in a conundrum.

Best exemplified by the statement; no sugar tonight in my coffee...no sugar tonight in my tea.  

Edit: saw them for twenty bucks at a lake in West Texas during a balloon festival on mushrooms.  Per Archie Bunker, those were the days.

Edited by KAOSkins
  • Like 4