Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Thompson was another guy who just couldn’t stay on the field.

Guice is likely a top 5 RB talent in the NFL.. if he’s healthy. And he hasn’t been. So if you do the math, that puts him real low on the RB ratings board. I have to agree with you. A healthy Guice is a game changer. A healthy Love COULD fall in a similar category. We just... haven’t seen either healthy.

I would love to see the Skins draft A.J. Dillion from BC with their later 4th round pick, if he's still there.  The guy reminds me of a poor man's Derrick Henry.  

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Grant Paulsen just said he poked around with his sources at Redskins Park, was told they are basically done in FA with the exception of something minor here and there and or if certain players lower their current price tags. 

Done??? This team looks like swiss cheese with backup players penciled in as starters at a half dozen positions.  LATE ROUND DRAFT CHOICES are not going to fill holes at QB, TE, WR, OL, and CB.  In their rookie season, they either play sparingly or not at all, or don’t even make the team.  There are plenty of good (not avg. or mediocre) FAs out there who will be forced to drop their price.  I still believe the Skins are holding out for a few more of those opportunities.

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Why would the Panthers re-sign Allen just to trade him to the Skins 2 weeks later. Not sure that makes much sense.

He was an exclusive right FA, it was a $585,000 one year deal, It's more of a no brainer. Now they have Walker who has background with the HC and Bridgewater. They know he has value as a back up to other teams including the Redskins. It does make sense

8 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Why would the Panthers re-sign Allen just to trade him to the Skins 2 weeks later. Not sure that makes much sense.

Allen is already under contract with the Panthers. If we try and get him then we would need to make a trade. 7th rounder and nothing more. 

5 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

He was an exclusive right FA, it was a $585,000 one year deal, It's more of a no brainer. Now they have Walker who has background with the HC and Bridgewater. They know he has value as a back up to other teams including the Redskins. It does make sense

agree, they brought him back to secure his rights. Is a good fit here for Turner and Rivera. Worth a late day three pick.

12 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

agree, they brought him back to secure his rights. Is a good fit here for Turner and Rivera. Worth a late day three pick.

There is very little I wanna move a pick for at this point. 

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I like Breeland. I think he'd be a great signing especially assuming we trade Dunbar. But I find it odd Skins nation is getting excited about the prospect considering he was basicaly chased out of town by the fanbase haha

Yeah, I'm not excited one way or the other.  The issue with Bree is that he got his feelings hurt because we signed Norman. 

The whole Norman thing was just a complete debacle from start to finish.  

I think he's had some time to mature, and he's a good player.  And he and Fuller know each other, and them + Moreau + Moreland + some others isn't TERRIBLE especially if they are put in the right positions.  

The question is going to be FS. Which seems to have been the question since November 27th, 2007.  

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

It’s amazing more people don’t realize that. Rivera has no ties to Dunbar or Williams. He sees their film and likes them or doesn’t. But when they demand more money and they have been injured often, to a guy coming in and evaluating, you don’t jump on that necessarily unless you know the player from previous networks.

You can’t necessarily blame the guys wanting more money, but you also don’t have to give it to them. If you’re trying to set a culture you can move on. Or... you let them seek trades and let them see their actual market value. Then you sit and talk again.

I still think they’re playing this whole thing smart after Bruce flubbed the 71 situation.

Yeah i agree.  He was in talks with the old regime about a long term contract so he thought he'd try to continue down that path. When the new guys came in he wanted to pick up where they left off but that was unrealistic.  

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Or... you let them seek trades and let them see their actual market value. Then you sit and talk again.

This was the brilliant move by Ron and company with Trent.  I'm pretty sure that if a team wanted Trent and could work out a contract with him, they could make a deal on compensation.  

The issue is not on the compensation to the 'Skins side.  It's nobody wants to pay Trent 20+ per year.

Now that Trent knows that, he might be more reasonable.

Dunny might put himself in exactly the same situation.  If he's asking for $14/year, then I doubt he's going to get what he wants, and he's going to come back pouting.  I don't know if the team has given Dunny the right to seek a trade thought. 

Breeland reeked of a guy that was a very talented player but always misused by poor coaches trying to make guys fit their scheme. I think the general consensus is this staff wants to create a scheme to maximize the players so I’m all for bringing him back. 

5 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

We love our ex Redskins no matter how average they are.

Breeland and Fuller are average players, nothing more than placeholders so we better find someone with some real talent to play CB or we'll need Dunny.

They aren't great, but Breeland looker pretty good in the Super Bowl

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Don't know how to feel about this....

This really speaks to me that they're trading that #2 draft pick to move down for more picks. I mean, think about it. We don't even have a left tackle right now unless Trent isn't traded and he decides to play this year. Dunbar wants out, so if he's traded, we have a hole at CB ( which I think we have anyway). We need talent and we simply don't have enough high draft picks to get it. 

44 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This was the brilliant move by Ron and company with Trent.  I'm pretty sure that if a team wanted Trent and could work out a contract with him, they could make a deal on compensation.  

The issue is not on the compensation to the 'Skins side.  It's nobody wants to pay Trent 20+ per year.

Now that Trent knows that, he might be more reasonable.

Dunny might put himself in exactly the same situation.  If he's asking for $14/year, then I doubt he's going to get what he wants, and he's going to come back pouting.  I don't know if the team has given Dunny the right to seek a trade thought. 

$14/year and I'm in. That's not even a blip on the cap. Though, I think that would violate a lot of rules.

3 minutes ago, tchrpe1 said:

Resigning Brantley 

I was wondering about him. Like most people, I think we have fine depth on the interior line, but we're one injury away from needing someone. Brantley fits into the rotation very well. No terms of the deal have been released, but I can't imagine we're spending a lot.

1 hour ago, nickel7168 said:

Done??? This team looks like swiss cheese with backup players penciled in as starters at a half dozen positions.  LATE ROUND DRAFT CHOICES are not going to fill holes at QB, TE, WR, OL, and CB.  In their rookie season, they either play sparingly or not at all, or don’t even make the team.  There are plenty of good (not avg. or mediocre) FAs out there who will be forced to drop their price.  I still believe the Skins are holding out for a few more of those opportunities.

Will see.  He did say they will make some minor signings still and its possible they'd sign a bigger name if their price tag comes down.   As for minor signings, QB is naturally in the mix.   I didn't think what Paulsen said was that revolutionary.   It seems like common sense with or without those comments.  How many major type of FA's are still out there?

Logan Ryan, Robbie Anderson?  They are all saying they are signing a backup QB but I don't get the impression it will be a sexy big name one.  Finlay seems the outlier on this, in his podcast yesterday he thinks they'd chase Newton if he's released.

I think they are thinking for the long haul versus just 2020.  I presume they don't want to commit major money to FAs they don't love.  if they love a dude, ala Amari Cooper, then they were all in.  

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

Remember when Wil Grier was the future??

Archived