Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Grant Paulsen just said he poked around with his sources at Redskins Park, was told they are basically done in FA with the exception of something minor here and there and or if certain players lower their current price tags. 

Not surprising. I'd focus on the draft, use my money to resign my own guys with front loaded contracts and roll over the rest. Go hard in FA next year. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Grant Paulsen just said he poked around with his sources at Redskins Park, was told they are basically done in FA with the exception of something minor here and there and or if certain players lower their current price tags. 

Don't know how to feel about this....

1 minute ago, JoggingGod said:

2nd is the right value to Redskins fans. To the rest of the league he’s an injury prone, 28 year old corner who is basically known for having 4-5 good games per year, the past 2 years. You’ll be lucky to get a 4th.

As a Packers Fan I like that Guice guy you have as your running back. He’s a stud.

11 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

How good do you guys think the Skins will be next year?

Depends on Haskins, so it's a bit of a wild card.   Casserly once said it well which is the Redskins are one of the hardest teams in the NFL to predict because of how much they rely on injury prone players.  That's changing some.  But IMO the best player on offense is Derrius Guice who is injury prone.  If its a healthy Guice and Trent comes back and Haskins is good -- 10-6.  But if those variables don't come into play IMO 6-10.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Depends on Haskins, so it's a bit of a wild card.   Casserly once said it well which is the Redskins are one of the hardest teams in the NFL to predict because of how mkuch they rely on injury prone players.  That's changing some.  But IMO the best player on offense is Derrius Guice who is injury prone.  If its a healthy Guice and Trent comes back and Haskins is good -- 10-6.  But if those variables don't come into play IMO 6-10.

Guice was the one where if he stayed healthy in that game against us we lose.

16 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Not surprising. I'd focus on the draft, use my money to resign my own guys with front loaded contracts and roll over the rest. Go hard in FA next year. 

Yeah I am OK with this approach.   If they didn't swing for Cooper, I'd have a problem with it. And it's not being married to Cooper but married to the approach of landing a top player for a team which arguably lacks A players.   But since they adapted my thoughts for years on FA which is swing for the fences for players you love, otherwise don't extend yourself by accumulating junk -- I like it.

That seems to be the play here.  They don't seem averse to swinging hard for who they perceive to be a great player.    but otherwise they aren't overpaying for mediocre-sightly above average players.  These are cheap contracts without much guaranteed money. 

Some compare this approach to Bruce but I don't.  Bruce would often overpay for the junk he'd buy.    The only similarity is Bruce typically wouldn't sign of for that matter even go for the top FA's available.  Rivera actually arguably went after the top FA but just swung and missed. 

28 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure that's saying much. Pretty much the sole reason most of the "name" guys left in free agency haven't signed is money. If the Redskins really wanted a guy, he'd be signed here (or somewhere else) already. The guys still out there are asking for too much $$$. Most of them will come down in price and then we'll see. I don't expect much else in terms of moves, but the team literally needs a warm body at QB and I don't think the plan is just to rely on the late rounds of the draft. So there's one position that needs filing. And I wouldn't be shocked by another DB addition. Plus, what exactly is the plan at LT if they finally trade Trent Williams? 

Paulsen just now on Dunbar from talking to people at Redskins Park.  They aren't shopping Dunbar but will accept a good offer if someone calls with one.

They said the new CBA makes it harder to hold out than before.    More or less, Paulsen giving the impression that Dunbar likely stays because they aren't giving him away cheap.

7 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Not sure that's saying much. Pretty much the sole reason most of the "name" guys left in free agency haven't signed is money. If the Redskins really wanted a guy, he'd be signed here (or somewhere else) already. The guys still out there are asking for too much $$$. Most of them will come down in price and then we'll see. I don't expect much else in terms of moves, but the team literally needs a warm body at QB and I don't think the plan is just to rely on the late rounds of the draft. So there's one position that needs filing. And I wouldn't be shocked by another DB addition. Plus ,what exactly is the plan at LT if they finally trade Trent Williams? 

He didn't say he was told they are done but that it would likely just be minor stuff from here.   Paulsen often doesn't share gossip but he's often on the money when he does.  So I do think whomever he spoke to over there legitimately don't expect a big signing.

I get your point about players holding out for bigger money.  I guess the vibe from Paulsen's comments is whomever these players are, the Redskins FO aren't on the edge of their seat dying for these guys but if a bargain evolves they'd be open.

I agree the LT approach is weird.  It gives the vibe that either they expect Trent back or maybe have had discussions with Peters or Penn.

33 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Disappointed is my feeling.

it now feels like they don’t want to over commit as they may well view the 2020 season as being under threat/at risk of being significantly disjointed etc 

10 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Because of what he said about Dunbar's situation or in general? 😉

My take whether its Keim, Paulsen or whomever sharing what they heard.  It's not a report, it's not gospel, it's gossip and they typically don't pretend its more than that.  On occasion they take it up a notch from that like when Keim said they aren't going to sign or trade for Cam Newton.  Keim said it so strongly that it came off as a report versus gossip.

I can relate some to their business because in my own business i am one of those type of people who on occasion shares gossip information with reporters if they ask.  Do I know more about that gossip than the average person?  Yes and by a mile - since i am in the circle of conversations on the topic.   Am I likely right in the moment in those cases?  Yes.  Likely is the operative word along with in the moment.   Things can change from one day to another.  I have worked for people who change their minds all the time.  We all change our minds in our own work.  Context changes.  Circumstances change.  Emotions change.   Often they don't but sometimes they do. 

So personally I like hearing what these guys are hearing.  I don't live and die with it but I find it interesting.  And if dudes like Keim get it right 75% of the time and not 25% of the time or whatever -- I don't blame them for sharing what they know. 

I noticed some people here don't like hearing the gossip reports.  That's cool, to each their own. They can ignore it.  Some do like hearing it.  So I share for that crowd.  And my memory is pretty good as to which guys are more often right then wrong.  And none of them are right all the time but like I said I don't blame them for that.  They are just doing their job and sharing things with fans and some fans are interested. 

51 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Stick with what Keim says.  He's more tuned in, IMO.

3 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Unfortunately, Skins aren't on the list.

Thanks for the info, HigSkin.  The Panthers signed him.  

1 hour ago, ThePackisback said:

As a Packers Fan I like that Guice guy you have as your running back. He’s a stud.

STUD????? Really !!! Guy can't  stay healthy to save his  life.. Not the kind of RB I want on my team !! Having said that, he has a great attitude and seems like a really good kid but if you can't go on Sundays your no good to the  team.

43 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Paulsen just now on Dunbar from talking to people at Redskins Park.  They aren't shopping Dunbar but will accept a good offer if someone calls with one.

They said the new CBA makes it harder to hold out than before.    More or less, Paulsen giving the impression that Dunbar likely stays because they aren't giving him away cheap.

Good. I'd rather have a 2022 comp pick and Dunbar for a year then a 2021 4th and no Dunbar this year. 

2 minutes ago, trap said:

STUD????? Really !!! Guy can't  stay healthy to save his  life.. Not the kind of RB I want on my team !! Having said that, he has a great attitude and seems like a really good kid but if you can't go on Sundays your no good to the  team.

He torched us when we played you guys.

1 minute ago, ThePackisback said:

He torched us when we played you guys.

He ran well that day no doubt. He shows flashes of being a dominate RB but being able to do it on a consistent bases is a totally different animal and he hasn't proven he can stay healthy. I think the skins are in trouble at RB. AP is great but not getting younger, Then you have Guice and Bryce Love both coming off major injuries, Chris Thompson who was my favorite out of the bunch will soon be gone and who knows  about JD McKissic

4 minutes ago, trap said:

He ran well that day no doubt. He shows flashes of being a dominate RB but being able to do it on a consistent bases is a totally different animal and he hasn't proven he can stay healthy. I think the skins are in trouble at RB. AP is great but not getting younger, Then you have Guice and Bryce Love both coming off major injuries, Chris Thompson who was my favorite out of the bunch will soon be gone and who knows  about JD McKissic

Thompson was another guy who just couldn’t stay on the field.

Guice is likely a top 5 RB talent in the NFL.. if he’s healthy. And he hasn’t been. So if you do the math, that puts him real low on the RB ratings board. I have to agree with you. A healthy Guice is a game changer. A healthy Love COULD fall in a similar category. We just... haven’t seen either healthy.

Archived