Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

So he's Shanahan 2.0.  Generally not in favor of Coach having final say in personnel, though that seems less troubling than Dan picking the coach first and saddling the GM with his chosen coach.  

I think we all pretty much knew in our hearts that we'd end up with a retread. That being said, I'm not exactly overwhelmed by the choice, but it could be worse. The more troubling thing would be if he had total control over all personnel without a GM even in place? How does that even work?

I think we could do a lot worse then Rivera.  He is a two-time Coach of the Year, and he took the Panthers to a Super Bowl.  He was my first choice for this team after he was fired.,  He knows how to motivate and install discipline. He is great for a young group of guys like we  have.  I think he will do really well here IF he is not meddled with.  

That is the main problem.  Bruce needs to be fired, not reassigned and Dan needs to stay out of it after he makes the hire.

Be interested to hear who the GM is.  It would be nice to have two adults working together. Rivera and ?

Just now, skinsmania123 said:

I think we could do a lot worse then Rivera.  He is a two-time Coach of the Year, and he took the Panthers to a Super Bowl.  He was my first choice for this team after he won the SB,  He knows how to motivate and install discipline. He is great for a young group of guys like we  have.  I think he will do really well here IF he is not meddled with.  

That is the main problem.  Bruce needs to be fired, not reassigned and Dan needs to stay out of it after he makes the hire.

Be interested to hear who the GM is.  It would be nice to have two adults working together. Rivera and ?

This is a fair point and something I think this team has needed for a while. Shanny was somewhat strict but was also somewhat aloof. Gruden was a nice guy that players loved and could joke around with but he was definitely too soft IMO. Rivera is a dude who will get in people's faces and motivate them and instill discipline from day one. 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Whoever our new coach is, I’d like to see us be the hard knocks team this summer so we can get a front & center view into what the coach is like. 

We have to be picked one of these years with the new rules, right? Why not now :) 

Because a new coaching staff isn’t an option 

4 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Panthers defense since 2011 (in terms of yards):

2011: 28,

2012: 10,

2013: 2,

2014:10,

2015: 6,

2016:21,

2017: 7,

2018: 15,

2019:  23

That averages out to 13.  Much better than our dead last defense every single year.

Are Sean McDermott and Luke Kuechly coming with him?  I'm gonna say no.

5 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Are Sean McDermott and Luke Kuechly coming with him?  I'm gonna say no.

Kuechly won't be coming with him but he will have some excellent to potential superstar talent to work with on his D...Ioan, Allen, Payne, Sweat, and Young (assuming we do the no-brainer thing and draft him at 2) as well as Foster if he's healthy. Those young guys would have him licking his chops. 

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Whoever our new coach is, I’d like to see us be the hard knocks team this summer so we can get a front & center view into what the coach is like. 

We have to be picked one of these years with the new rules, right? Why not now :) 

I’d like it as well but it won’t happen. Any team with a new Head Coach is not eligible I believe.

4 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Just for the record, you’re doing it wrong.....

.....(that’s what she said)

They just interviewed juli and she did not say he had been hired as the coach. In fact they were speculating as to if he was interviewing with other teams. What she did say was he would be meeting with Dan on Monday. 

16 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

That is probably why Jay was fired finally. Snyder was scared ****less they would have to be on Hard Knocks. With a new coach they can avoid it again.

57 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Snyder probably knows already who’s going to be the new GM and will be named GM tomorrow, and that guy probably is very high on Ron Rivera. Nothing wrong with that 🤷🏻‍♂️

But, there is something wrong with that.  It's the wrong way to do things.  So,...that makes is WRONG.

Archived