Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

Guys do play for him and he will maximize Allen, Payne, Sweat and Young.  KOC better be ready to move this offense to the next level.  Its going to be a revolving door at OC if KOC can't get it done.  This might be Gruden with DCs if the offense can't make it work.  Personally, i want a offensive minded coach in today's NFL.  

Wait, what about the Rooney rule?

Also, how do we have a HC before a GM?

I'm somewhat unenthusiastic about Rivera but I suppose it could be worse. I just hope he doesn't try to force us into a Tampa 2, because you need really specific personnel for that and I don't think we have it. Hopefully he'll work with what we have and build the defensive system accordingly. 

Just now, Thirtyfive2seven said:

I don’t get it, we hired a coach without firing a gm or hiring a gm?!?  

RUMINT is that Eric Schaffer (sp?) is going to be named VP of Football Ops and that Rivera will have huge input on personnel. Other words, all the FO guys are being promoted from within.

8 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Just heard on it on the post-game show with Julie announcing that he is to be announced tmrw as HC after his meeting with Dan.  Expected to have major say in personnel. 

Hope this is real deal what she is reporting.  Schaffer as our TP and Smith as our GM, we'd be good.  Real GOOD!  :)

Just now, mistertim said:

I'm somewhat unenthusiastic about Rivera but I suppose it could be worse. I just hope he doesn't try to force us into a Tampa 2, because you need really specific personnel for that and I don't think we have it. Hopefully he'll work with what we have and build the defensive system accordingly. 

Apparently the Rivers hire satisfies the Rooney Rule. I mean... I have a vowel at the end of my last name, too. They could have interviewed me to satisfy it. That’s how cheap the rule really is.

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Rivera is Latino.

isn't he Hispanic? 

He will fulfill the Fooney requirement.

1 minute ago, ntotoro said:

RUMINT is that Eric Schaffer (sp?) is going to be named VP of Football Ops and that Rivera will have huge input on personnel. Other words, all the FO guys are being promoted from within.

Huh? Eric Schaffer is a numbers/cap guru. Why would you make him VP of Football Ops? 

Hopefully Julie and CSN are right.  I didn't want to post this originally because i don't know how well Julie's sources and the whole post game show folks, but i wanted to put it out there.  He will be at Redskins HQ tmrw and usually when someone comes, Dan gets his way. 

10 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Just heard on it on the post-game show with Julie announcing that he is to be announced tmrw as HC after his meeting with Dan.  Expected to have major say in personnel. 

Dude, you got to be careful and sure when you post stuff like this.

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

According to NBC Sports channel (I'm watching the post game show now)  Rivera is just meeting with Redskins officials Monday.

Not that he has been hired.

This according to Finaly.

Julie literally said it after the Finlay segment so who knows.  I should maybe edit title with rumor. 

Archived