Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

21 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Just heard on it on the post-game show with Julie announcing that he is to be announced tmrw as HC after his meeting with Dan.  Expected to have major say in personnel. 

He may very well be the next coach but just for the record that is not what she said. 

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Wait, what about the Rooney rule?

Rivera I believe is hispanic.

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Also, how do we have a HC before a GM?

Think they going to announce the front office structure same time as press conference, if they dont on press release defining how gone Bruce really is.

Had long talk with my dad about this. I dont like the perception we hired a coach before replacing Bruce and letting them pick the coach.  That hasnt been confirmed yet.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Rivera is a good coach. We could do worse. I wouldn't mind pairing him with a legit GM but I want the GM to pick the coach.

From what I have read on here, the wheels to replace have been in motion for awhile. There was even a secret meeting in the Bahamas that Bruce wasnt at....

I think the new GM has already been consulted and made his choice.

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Kyle Smith and Rivera have a connection together from their days in San Diego.  Kyles's father A.J. was the GM of the S.D. when Rivera was their as LB coach.  So he probably get some say.  Schaffer named TP.  Guessing here.

This is good info ....thx.

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I still think Ron also pays a visit to Dallas (and possibly NY) before deciding 

He will be fool if he doesn't otherwise.  I think he wants to go to New York.

Resist the Dan temptation tomorrow.

If is hired, I give Ronny 4 years.

2020- 8-9 wins and a possible wild card.

2021- The peak of the Rivera era.  We win 11-12 and go on a deep playoff run, at least NFC championship game appearance.

2022- 7-9, disappointing year.  Dan Snyder interferes heavily in the 2023 offseason.

2023- 5-11.  The Rivera era comes to it's natural conclusion. Dan fires everyone and starts over again.

2 minutes ago, Xameil said:

From what I have read on here, the wheels to replace have been in motion for awhile. There was even a secret meeting in the Bahamas that Bruce wasnt at....

I think the new GM has already been consulted and made his choice.

****. So now we know who our new HC is going to be.

Nedry-Goonies-Outfits-Feature-Image-11032017.jpg

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

2021- The peak of the Rivera era.  We win 11-12 and go on a deep playoff run, at least NFC championship game appearance.

2022- 7-9, disappointing year.  Dan Snyder interferes heavily in the 2023 offseason.

2023- 5-11.  The Rivera era comes to it's natural conclusion. Dan fires everyone and starts over again.

not according to his recent quotes....he said he's "ready to decide quickly" once offered a job.

If there isn’t a GM who’s picking the coach on this one....

I just can’t get behind it as a fan.

And while we’re at it.  Prove something to me GM and HC.  Prove to me that you aren’t the usual moron that Snyder hires.  Show me your track record HERE.  In Washington DC.  I don’t give a **** what you’ve done elsewhere.  Turn this piece of **** around.

Whoever it is starts the job with one foot in the grave as far as I’m concerned.

I'm not enthused by this pick.  The Panthers were pretty middling when he was there.  That Super Bowl run makes him seem better than he is.  I'm more influenced by the underwhelming 3 winning seasons out of 9 part.  Hell, Norv had as many winning seasons here in less time.  

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Sign me up I will take a 10+ win season and a NFCCG, that would be a success compared to what we are used to.

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I'm not enthused by this pick.  The Panthers were pretty middling when he was there.  That Super Bowl run makes him seem better than he is.  I'm more influenced by the underwhelming 3 winning seasons out of 9 part.  Hell, Norv had as many winning seasons here in less time.  

Rivera's up and down tenure with the Panthers is concerning but to even compare his record to Norv's here is laughable. Rivera's 3 winning seasons were 11-5 or better, something we haven't had here since 1991.

I personally would prefer a non-retread, but it is what it is.

Former Carolina Panthers Coach Ron Rivera is scheduled to meet Monday with the Washington Redskins, who apparently hope to complete a deal with Rivera the same day to be their next head coach.

The meeting was confirmed by Rivera’s agent, Frank Bauer. He did not elaborate on the status of Rivera’s conversations with the Redskins. But a person familiar with the team’s deliberations said the Redskins would like to move quickly and hire Rivera on Monday before other franchises could become involved.

A person familiar with the situation said Saturday it was “a strong possibility” that Rivera would be hired by the Redskins.

Rivera was fired Dec. 3 by the Panthers, with the team’s record at 5-7. He took them to the playoffs four times in his first seven seasons after being hired by Carolina in 2011. The Panthers reached the Super Bowl in the 2015 season but lost to the Denver Broncos. They returned to the playoffs in the 2017 season but lost in the opening round.

If the Redskins cannot complete a deal quickly with Rivera, their other head coaching options would include former Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis and Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, according to people familiar with the team’s thinking.

Archived