Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

26 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Rivera is not a bad choice, but this is classic Snyder trying to make the sexy, big name hire instead of going after a an up and coming young guy (Bieniemy)  IMO, he's tying to win the offseason and then we get what we normally do in the regular season

actually the way it is classic is that it's a veteran head coach after a first time coach.  Because I think league wide the last time we made the sexy pick was Spurrier and Gibbs just in DC.  Zorn wasn't sexy and Shanny and Gruden, they were considered guys who'd be coaching somewhere at some point but there were hotter names

10 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Really because basically every team that gets to the playoffs including this year had a coach hired by the GM except NE who let Belichick have full control.  GM controls the daily operations and takes the heat for the staff and player personnel so yes he should be the one making the decision or atleast have a major say.

Didn't McDermott come before Beane? And as KDawg said everyone knew Shanahan had to okay wanting to work with Lynch--that was a package deal but Shanahan was the prize and named his guy.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Snyder probably knows already who’s going to be the new GM and will be named GM tomorrow, and that guy probably is very high on Ron Rivera. Nothing wrong with that 🤷🏻‍♂️

my guess is they interviewed Marvin Lewis

23 minutes ago, duffy said:

I really don't get Urban Meyer as a GM. Sounds like too much of an experiment. I'm not even sure I really liked the idea of him as a HC after the Spurrier years. He'd probably retire in a year or two anyway. 

I can get behind Riverboat Ron. Certainly would be happier with him than Marvin. Hoping we hang onto KOC and promote some of our guys to the GM and various other FO roles. 

So.... Urban Meyer is not going to be the OC in order to help Haskins succeed? I mean THAT'S  a Dan move. Dan's all in on Haskins and will do anything to make him a success even if it means hiring his old college coach because Haskins already knows the system. 

6 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Really because basically every team that gets to the playoffs including this year had a coach hired by the GM except NE who let Belichick have full control.  GM controls the daily operations and takes the heat for the staff and player personnel so yes he should be the one making the decision or atleast have a major say.

Except that’s entirely false. 

Kraft hires Bellichick himself.  Go watch the “2 Bills” documentary for the story.  The Rooney’s hired Tomlin. It’s where the Rooney Rule came from.  They have 8 SB victories and a few more appearances between them. 

I could keep on going. 

Its a complete myth that the only right way to build an organization is to have the GM hire the coach. 

That was true back in rhe 70’s and 80’s, but started to change in the 90’s and 2000’s, and now it’s very different.  

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Didn't McDermott come before Beane? 

McDermott before Beane.

Shanahan before Lynch (officially Lynch was before but Shanahan was already in place he just had to finish the Super Bowl with Atlanta).

Rooneys hired Tomlin.

Kraft hired Belichick. 

Andy Reid was in place before their current GM (who was pro player personnel guy so he was already in house).

Harbaugh was before DeCosta (who was in the Ravens system already, but again, not as GM).

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Except that they won the NFC championship and played in a SB which IS an accomplishment all the way around.  

I'm not disagreeing at all. I was just trying to figure out what he meant by his post regarding Rivera and Newton. Rivera wouldn't have had that much of a direct hand in Newton's play as he's a defensive guy. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I kinda think the deal is already done.

If it wasn't SOMEBODY would have pumped the breaks by now.  

And if Dan wants his guy and Rivera wants the job, it’s done.  

I bet Dan is talking to his agent from the plane.  

Interesting question: does Dan fly with the team? He used to, at least during the Gibbs years.  But he might not anymore.  Or he might not tonight.  He might be on Redskins1 making deals.  

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Wait...does that mean Dan's going to leave a severed horse head in Rivera's hotel bed tonight?

That scene literally caused me sleepless nights for a decade.  

Archived