Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

2 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Apparently the Rivers hire satisfies the Rooney Rule. I mean... I have a vowel at the end of my last name, too. They could have interviewed me to satisfy it. That’s how cheap the rule really is.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Rivera is Latino.

2 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

isn't he Hispanic? 

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

He will fulfill the Fooney requirement.

Ah, ok. That makes sense then. He satisfies  the rule.

1 minute ago, SkinsGuy said:

According to NBC Sports channel (I'm watching the post game show now)  Rivera is just meeting with Redskins officials Monday.

Not that he has been hired.

This according to Finaly.

Shortly after he said that, someone buzzed Julie Donaldson on her earpiece and told her the scuttlebutt was that he’d be announced tomorrow as HC and that’s what the “meeting” is for. In Callahan’s presser, he already knows he’s out and that something’s going on.

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Huh? Eric Schaffer is a numbers/cap guru. Why would you make him VP of Football Ops? 

I know he’s the numbers guy. My guess is that Rivera will have so much say in personnel that Schaffer will basically be there to make sure it all works. Didn’t really say whether the scouting department would be kept intact.

Just now, Thirtyfive2seven said:

I have a feeling urban Meyer will be a gm in some way.  He may not want to coach but he surely knows college players enough to draft good ones? Idk, I just saw smoke so I’m guessing a fire somewhere

That's my gut feeling too. Urban in as GM. Schafer and Kyle Smith given shiny new titles and promoted.

Just now, ntotoro said:

I know he’s the numbers guy. My guess is that Rivera will have so much say in personnel that Schaffer will basically be there to make sure it all works. Didn’t really say whether the scouting department would be kept intact.

Ah, yeah that makes more sense. At first I thought they were going to have Schaffer making football decisions and I was like "huh"? I'm really wondering who the GM will be. 

Kyle Smith and Rivera have a connection together from their days in San Diego.  Kyles's father A.J. was the GM of the S.D. when Rivera was their as LB coach.  So he probably get some say.  Schaffer named TP.  Guessing here.

Just now, skinfan2k said:

So is Rivera basically Mike Shanny 2.0 with personnel say and without Superbowl wins??

We know nothing of the specifics as this =is all speculation  at this point but this we know- Unlike Shanny Riverboat Ron is a defenesive coach and he will return us from Shanny's 3-4 to a basic 4-3!

Archived