Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

I'm open minded if Rivera is the guy. He'll have these guys playing hard - it'll be a world away from Gruden's culture though.

BUT watching videos like the below, has goddamn got me ready to go and play some defense. You're damn right I'm gonna show up on Wednesday and I'm ready to beat the **** outta Tampa Bay

http://www.nfl.com/videos/all-or-nothing/0ap3000001035909/All-or-Nothing-Ron-Rivera-gives-fiery-speech-to-defenders-in-team-meeting

12 minutes ago, glongest said:

They just interviewed juli and she did not say he had been hired as the coach. In fact they were speculating as to if he was interviewing with other teams. What she did say was he would be meeting with Dan on Monday. 

Sorry, I was just being silly.  

1 minute ago, lavar1156 said:

How does Chris Russell have a job in this business? He literally knows nothing and acts like he's connected. I almost feel sorry for him but I don't because he so friggin annoying.

His agent already confirmed he is coming tmrw.  Why else would he come to Ashburn lol.  russell is clueless 

1 minute ago, lavar1156 said:

How does Chris Russell have a job in this business? He literally knows nothing and acts like he's connected. I almost feel sorry for him but I don't because he so friggin annoying.

Surprised Russell isnt banging the drum for Bill Cowher like he normally does.

The new coach of the Skins should be anybody with enough testicular fortitude to just straight up punch Brucie in the face. That person, be it man or woman, or anything in between, should then be the hew HC.

That person would be the kind of leader I'd go to war with.

Regardless of coaching style, you are what your record says you are . Gibbs wasn't a rah-rah cuss you out kinda guy. But his teams won.  Rivera is fiery but has an overall record of 0.546.  I'm not necessarily against this move, but sometimes being the loudest doesn't make you the bestest.

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Yes. I’m looking forward to his post conference rants in Spanish after half a season here crushes his soul.

”¡YO SO UN HOMBRE! ¡¡TENGO CUARENTA AÑOS!!”

it will be diablo this, diablo that... followed by sign of the cross and spitting on the press

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Rivera is a good coach. We could do worse. I wouldn't mind pairing him with a legit GM but I want the GM to pick the coach.

Everybody says this around here.  Why?  I just don’t get it.  Why does the coach need to be selected by the guy who picks the roster?  Why not the other way around?  The two have to work as a team, why does it matter which one picks which one.  

The only thing which really matters is the guy with the authority gets picked first and nobody is forced on anybody.

30 minutes ago, Probos said:

But, there is something wrong with that.  It's the wrong way to do things.  So,...that makes is WRONG.

So the guy they’re likely naming the GM already knowing who he will want, and knowing he’s the guy he’ll hire, is the wrong way to do things? Isn’t that what people want....? 

7 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Rivera is not a bad choice, but this is classic Snyder trying to make the sexy, big name hire instead of going after a an up and coming young guy.  IMO, he's tying to win the offseason and then we get what we normally do in the regular season

I don't think Rivera is the sexy hire at all. The young OC type or college guy like Rhule, Riley, or Day or something would be the attempt at a sexy big name hire imo. Rivera isn't what I expected for that reason. Especially if paired with promotions to our existing FO guys. That's the opposite of sexy imo. 

5 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Rivera is not a bad choice, but this is classic Snyder trying to make the sexy, big name hire instead of going after a an up and coming young guy (Bieniemy)  IMO, he's tying to win the offseason and then we get what we normally do in the regular season

I don't see it that way. Rivera has a great reputation. I just want Kyle Smith to be promoted to GM.

Archived