Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

If allen is allowed to speak for the team that would seriously be a major slap in the face to the remaining fans. If Dan is that tone deaf, the team deserves everything it gets.

Almost all coaches and executives are given an exit presser. Might not be the norm here after Spurrier quit from the golf course. Bruce spent a decade here, his father was a legendary coach here and as much as everyone dislikes him, the dude deserves an exit presser. Ron got one with the panthers and he was fired in season.

6 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Another thought is with Rivera they're getting the Rooney rule out of the way while at the same time appearing to bring in solid candidates. Rivera as head coach is not a good pick IMO. I don't get a warm fuzzy with hiring a recently fired coach with an expectation that he is going to make an immediate positive impact. Think about the players in this regard. What the **** does Rivera have to say? We beat the **** out of them a couple weeks ago. WTF does he bring to the table?  He ain't won ****! I'll believe Belichick or someone from the Ravens. But this guy? Ah hell naw. 

Why is he not a good candidate?  Belichick.....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I now remember why I put you on ignore a few years back when we got into it..........Clown shoes = Joeken24

Image result for clown shoes animated gif

8 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Why is he not a good candidate?  Belichick.....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I now remember why I put you on ignore a few years back when we got into it..........Clown shoes = Joeken24

Image result for clown shoes animated gif

You can't read bum. Put me back on ignore. 

15 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Almost all coaches and executives are given an exit presser. Might not be the norm here after Spurrier quit from the golf course. Bruce spent a decade here, his father was a legendary coach here and as much as everyone dislikes him, the dude deserves an exit presser. Ron got one with the panthers and he was fired in season.

allen deserves absolutely nothing, Dan has to know that the fanbase can't stand this guy, I don't give a damn what his daddy did 50 years ago. None of the people that he dismissed over the years were given the luxury of an exit presser. Dan needs to play owner for once and face the media himself. 

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

A coach can be hired before or after the GM

The coach can also be the GM. 

The coach can also think he is the GM, but really isn't.

I think Dan is going to try the same sales job he did on Shanahan.... "full" control.  Full until we butt heads.

Exactly. I would be more concerned if it was a first time head coach that was hired before the GM. Rivera is not that guy. He is a well respected guy in the NFL. And could propably have his choice from a nice list of GM's to work with. This is WAY different than Bruce Allen who NO ONE in the league can stand.

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Exactly. I would be more concerned if it was a first time head coach that was hired before the GM. Rivera is not that guy. He is a well respected guy in the NFL. And could propably have his choice from a nice list of GM's to work with. This is WAY different than Bruce Allen who NO ONE in the league can stand.

Not only is Rivera respected.   But Rivera's offensive coordinator was fired by and worked for Dan Snyder.   Anyone think he asked Norv his view on this organization and Snyder?   And anyone surprised he still has this as his top job?   I'm not.   But I know a lot of folks here likely would be given that.

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Ummm no. Not even close. Record over past decade:

Browns: 36-123-1

Skins: 63-96-1

Your math is off. Browns have 42 wins since 2010.

Redskins have 62 wins and 97 losses.

But this year we have 3 and the Browns doubled that despite being a joke which means that we are twice the joke and have the #2 overall pick.

26 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

So, Ron Rivera comes from the defensive side of the ball, is known for being a defensive minded coach.

During his 9 year tenure with the Panthers, the team's average defensive rankings have been 18th overall for points allowed, 14th overall for yards allowed.  Any concerns on this?  Let's just hope that his talent for managing difficult personalities and inspiring confidence in his players changes the culture around here, and that he's allowed to hire his own staff Hopefully he will retain O'Connell and finds a place for Callahan, but all decisions should be his.

I want Callahan out. I appreciate the job he did as interim coach but please no more of him significantly influencing how the offensive gameplan. Let KOC do his job

I'd rather keep Rauscher or let Rivera bring his own OL coach in like Matsko

1 minute ago, SkinsFTW said:

Your math is off. Browns have 42 wins since 2010.

Redskins have 62 wins and 97 losses.

But this year we have 3 and the Browns doubled that despite being a joke which means that we are twice the joke and have the #2 overall pick.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Cleveland_Browns_seasons

Not according to this.

48 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Didn't McDermott come before Beane? And as KDawg said everyone knew Shanahan had to okay wanting to work with Lynch--that was a package deal but Shanahan was the prize and named his guy.

Actually, if I recall correctly, Shanahan was actually surprised to hear Lynch got hired. But he talked to him after the Falcons season ended and he wound up honestly fully supporting it. But Lynch wasn't his guy.

What matters, though, is ultimately he was fine with it. And its worked out well.

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Allen deserves absolutely nothing, Dan has to know that the fanbase can't stand this guy, I don't give a damn what his daddy did 50 years ago. None of the people that he dismissed over the years were given the luxury of an exit presser. Dan needs to play owner for once and face the media himself. 

He took all the vitriol for Dan. If you think anything Bruce did was not at the direction of Dan, I don’t know what to tell you. Shanahan wanted him and he was more well connected than anyone in the NFL.  Bruce did the job Dan asked him to do. In fact he did it so well that merely dismissing him absolves Dan of any responsibility. That’s one hell of a hire for Dan.

5 minutes ago, method man said:

I want Callahan out. I appreciate the job he did as interim coach but please no more of him significantly influencing how the offensive gameplan. Let KOC do his job

I'd rather keep Rauscher or let Rivera bring his own OL coach in like Matsko

I'd actually be ok with Callahan as a pure OL coach but with zero play calling duties or game plan duties. He really is a pretty good and well respect guy when it comes to developing offensive line talent. 

2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

How about quoting a link that includes the current 2019 season next time? :ols:

Oh. Thanks didnt see that :). Lets just agree that both franchises have been pathetic and leave it at that :)

Just now, Redskins Reparations said:

Does this mean we are going to a 4-3 defense?

I would say yes absolutely.

27 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Another thought is with Rivera they're getting the Rooney rule out of the way while at the same time appearing to bring in solid candidates. Rivera as head coach is not a good pick IMO. I don't get a warm fuzzy with hiring a recently fired coach with an expectation that he is going to make an immediate positive impact. Think about the players in this regard. What the **** does Rivera have to say? We beat the **** out of them a couple weeks ago. WTF does he bring to the table?  He ain't won ****! I'll believe Belichick or someone from the Ravens. But this guy? Ah hell naw. 

Every player in our locker room will know someone who tells them how much they love Rivera. He's a well-respected dude and will earn that here as well. This is a silly concern, when there are legit concerns to focus on. 

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'd actually be ok with Callahan as a pure OL coach but with zero play calling duties or game plan duties. He really is a pretty good and well respect guy when it comes to developing offensive line talent. 

Two things. First, realistically, I can't see him be willing to step down from interim HC to becoming a pure OL coach with no input on playcalling. Second, if he can hit coaching free agency, I'm pretty sure he'd want to go to the Bengals to work with his son (it was reported that he was thinking about this last summer)

Archived