Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

15 hours ago, TommyWilson said:

It's just too early.  Talk to me at the end of next season and we'll know more about where he's at.

Not the end of the season for me.  I would like to see what he does in the off season in terms of his mechanics, throwing to receivers who are going to be back next year, and then see how he performs over the first 7 games.  

10 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

So....say Haskins goes for 275/3 tds on Sunday?

Where we at then...

We at karaoke and @PleaseBlitzis picking up the tab. Come on man! Keep up! 🤣

I’m sold on Dwayne enough to give him the reins for another season. I’ve seen enough. Personally, I’m a little surprised more people aren’t as excited about his talent as I am. Dude can do things with a football that not many QBs can do.

I think it’s really about how much he struggled in his first couple of games. People are having a hard time forgetting that. If his first start was against Carolina, the discussion would be different I think.

32 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

We at karaoke and @PleaseBlitzis picking up the tab. Come on man! Keep up! 🤣

I’m sold on Dwayne enough to give him the reins for another season. I’ve seen enough. Personally, I’m a little surprised more people aren’t as excited about his talent as I am. Dude can do things with a football that not many QBs can do.

I think it’s really about how much he struggled in his first couple of games. People are having a hard time forgetting that. If his first start was against Carolina, the discussion would be different I think.

Yeah, you have to wonder where he would be at this point (along with what his first game experience would have looked like) if he had taken the offseason reps.  
I do think there’s more to it than just people looking at his early going though.  The character concerns - preparation, media comments, ‘indifference’ on the sideline, work ethic - really soured people as well.  The good news is that all of that seems to be turning around to at least some degree. 
To your point about what he has shown though - moving through reads, throwing darts into tight coverage, avoiding rushers (and resetting/keeping eyes downfield) - he’s shown some good things and solid improvement.  

13 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

So....say Haskins goes for 275/3 tds on Sunday?

Where we at then...

I'd be very pleased as long as its a loss.  I've hammered Daniel Jones before the draft process.  I want Haskins to kick that dude's butt throughout their career but not tomorrow.

I want Chase Young chasing Daniel Jones down for years not sacking Haskins. 

Archived