Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

The Rook looked legit again today. Thought today was gonna be his 3-4 TD game, pretty sure it was gonna be. Another step forward for the young dude. Excited by what he’s doing. Hope his ankle isn’t too serious. And he gets back to work asap after the season. Assuming he can’t play next week. 

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not extremely high. Marginally higher than McCoy.

That’s fair.

12 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I’m all for Haskins being the guy, but I think that saying he should’ve played sooner is not necessarily true. The guy was a total project and it was Jays job to win games. 

I think sitting him early was the right thing to do. I think that experience will serve him well moving forward. 

Yup.  Jay was a dead man walking by week 3 and the OLine was still getting settled without Trent.

In fact, Jay throwing Dwayne into the fire early in the season was inexcusable.

Check out the awkward silence after Haskins says that Dan wouldn't let him back in the game after the injury. This will be top news tomorrow. 

But to Dan's defense, he has every right to protect his asset. Not to mention his past experience with RGIII and after seeing Dwayne carted off. If I were the owner, I'd step in on that as well. Its too damn close to the end to have your franchise QB ****ed up going into next year.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

That’s fair.

Yup.  Jay was a dead man walking by week 3 and the OLine was still getting settled without Trent.

In fact, Jay throwing Dwayne into the fire early in the season was inexcusable.

Of course it was inexcusable that’s what all the analysts said it was darn right comical.  That’s whats been the norm here idiots running this billion dollar company.  It’s like the coaches deliberately coach to get fired.  

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I’m all for Haskins being the guy, but I think that saying he should’ve played sooner is not necessarily true. The guy was a total project and it was Jays job to win games. 

I think sitting him early was the right thing to do. I think that experience will serve him well moving forward. 

Agreed but to not let him run with the 1’s is blatant insubordination I think.  Too many young brains in the world to settle for these idiots running the show. 

What was so great about that TD pass is that he likely can run for the TD, if not, then certainly he gets the 1st down easily. however he scrambled more like Russell Wilson, which is to always keep an eye open for a pass play to develop as opposed to just head down-run style of scrambling. 

1 hour ago, wtfskins said:

Of course it was inexcusable that’s what all the analysts said it was darn right comical.  That’s whats been the norm here idiots running this billion dollar company.  It’s like the coaches deliberately coach to get fired.  

More like the only coaches willing to work for Snyder... are the firing kind!!!! 

Coaches who really know their stuff are normally very strong willed, that is not copasetic as it pertains to the meddling moronic midget - Dan Snyder!! See Marty Schottenheimer 

The truly talented coaches have options and they know it, let's face it; Snyder has been dumpster diving for head coaches since he bought the team, he is the equivalent to the fantasy football moron we all know and love, as they make it so easy for the rest of us, kind of how the NFL teams view Snyder! 

Unfortunately Snyder has not a clue how to evaluate talent...and how talent translates from college to the NFL, but he will never give up attempting to prove that he does!!

Haskins starting to look the part. The last month has seen a considerable jump in his progress. To me we have at least been able to evaluate him to the stage that he deserves the chance in 2020 as our #1. That's all I wanted to get from the last few weeks of the season from him.

Case Keenum might actually pick up a half decent contract elsewhere next season. The way QB money goes, that could be useful in our comp pick calculation for the following season. Although, with the cap space we are likely to have I think we'll be investing in FA heavily......if Bruce is no longer in town.

Haskins is improving no doubt. Nevertheless, I'll wait to see him facing stronger opposition before jumping on the bandwagon. I hope we will draft OLs to protect him because he's taking a beating week in week out, therefore I have concerns about his health.

6 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Haskins is improving no doubt. Nevertheless, I'll wait to see him facing stronger opposition before jumping on the bandwagon. I hope we will draft OLs to protect him because he's taking a beating week in week out, therefore I have concerns about his health.

When Bruce is canned we will likely give new deals to Trent and Scherff. That would be my guess.

12 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

When Bruce is canned we will likely give new deals to Trent and Scherff. That would be my guess.

You know I'm a doubting Thomas ;)

I have another source of concern, the HC candidates and their opinion on Haskins (and relationship with meddling danny boy) will they see it as a minus ?

29 minutes ago, FrFan said:

You know I'm a doubting Thomas ;)

I have another source of concern, the HC candidates and their opinion on Haskins (and relationship with meddling danny boy) will they see it as a minus ?

Yes it's pretty clear Dan has a close relationship with Haskins, implying that any FO and coaching changes will include the adoption of Haskins as starting QB.

Outside/Marginal chance that the fact we could be picking #2 in the draft may influence that. I mean, before Haskins showed improvement of late we did have a Arizona/Rosen situation bubbling away. 

Im also in the minority thinking the Bungles likely take Chase Young at #1. 

Hopefully we get a wild offseason staring with the axe falling early January.

53 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Yes it's pretty clear Dan has a close relationship with Haskins, implying that any FO and coaching changes will include the adoption of Haskins as starting QB.

Outside/Marginal chance that the fact we could be picking #2 in the draft may influence that. I mean, before Haskins showed improvement of late we did have a Arizona/Rosen situation bubbling away. 

Im also in the minority thinking the Bungles likely take Chase Young at #1. 

Hopefully we get a wild offseason staring with the axe falling early January.

If the Bengals take Young, you pick your jaw up off the floor and take Burrows.

Barring that extremely unlikely scenario, I think Haskins has shown enough for the team to invest the next year into seeing what kind of progress he can make.  

Just now, bearrock said:

If the Bengals take Young, you pick your jaw up off the floor and take Burrows.

Barring that extremely unlikely scenario, I think Haskins has shown enough for the team to invest the next year into seeing what kind of progress he can make.  

Yep, or you back up the Brinks' truck if you are really sure Haskins is the real deal and get a super-haul for Burrows in trade. Mind you, that is one more reason to get rid of Bruce Smith. Not only does he have a history of not winning trades, but he has a reputation of other GMs actively disliking him and so the offers he would get might be stingier.

Archived