Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Texans Prediction Thread: Pessimistically Optimistic?

skins island connection

Who wins ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this defensive showdown ?

I watched their last game and looked at some stats.  Not really impressed with the Texans offense as it would relate to how the Skins have lost games.  I'd leave it up to the coaches to make a winning game plan and imagine that these are two similar teams for which either one could win the game. 

I see the Redskins formula for success being stop the run, contain Watson, win the line of scrimmage, and run the ball.  The difference in this combination is that the Skins might have to win it and haven't proven they can do that yet.  It might be time for the Skins to come from behind for the first time in the year and pull out a close game.  If they get the opportunity to do that, I don't have any confidence that they will be successful.  They need to prove it first.  This is a swing game and either team can win.  The team that wins the turnover battle and scores TD's always wins.  I think whichever team scores +2 TD's wins the game. 

Pick'em

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

I watched their last game and looked at some stats.  Not really impressed with the Texans offense as it would relate to how the Skins have lost games.  I'd leave it up to the coaches to make a winning game plan and imagine that these are two similar teams for which either one could win the game. 

I see the Redskins formula for success being stop the run, contain Watson, win the line of scrimmage, and run the ball.  The difference in this combination is that the Skins might have to win it and haven't proven they can do that yet.  It might be time for the Skins to come from behind for the first time in the year and pull out a close game.  If they get the opportunity to do that, I don't have any confidence that they will be successful.  They need to prove it first.  This is a swing game and either team can win.  The team that wins the turnover battle and scores TD's always wins.  I think whichever team scores +2 TD's wins the game. 

Pick'em

I wanna see if Manusky actually realizes the Texans QB will run, and has someone to mirror Watson to ensure he doesn't get an easy time with it.

But I suspect the worst; Watson will end up running all over the place, getting numerous first downs by himself, while everyone watching the game wonders why someone isn't put in to at least try and slow that down. The game could get out of reach before that happens, and then its just too late.

Bad feeling about this one. It's got falcons game written all over it, but with way better defensive linemen.

I hate to say it, but look for the skins to fall behind early and their d line eats Alex Smith alive, 7 points is an insurmountable obstacle for this offense. Puke. Texans 27-9

On 11/12/2018 at 10:11 PM, ExoDus84 said:

If you think we struggle to score against bad teams, just wait till we face Houston, who actually have an NFL caliber defense. Houston is also coming off a bye and will be fresh. We get toasted. 

Houston 27

Skins 6

I have to agree with you now after looking at the injuries now. For the love of God our kicker is hurt. No Thompson, no Crowder or Williams again, and as you said, against a good defense. Alex Smith and AP can't beat this defense alone, that is for sure.

I do not think we matchup well with the Texans.  Yes, their D may have their way with our O line, but if we mix it up - perhaps more RPO - throw long if they stack the box, we might be okay.  This is more of a strategic game. So Alex needs to be more flexible and Jay not so predictable.  I am not 100% certain their D will destroy us.  

Where I think we are going to struggle is containing their fairly dynamic young QB who can use his legs and is efficient in the air.   If FitzTragic can run at will on us, what do you think Watson is going to do?  Watson is solid with 17 TD's so far and only 7 INT's.  He is not a turnover machine.  IF our D line can get reasonable pressure and we shore up the outside running lanes we could slow them down considerably. 

Texans: 17

Redskins: 13

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:56 PM, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Texans are another overrated team. Their O line is as bad as ours but their D is really good. 

I think we struggle offensively but get turnovers on defense 

Texans 17

Skins 20

After sleeping on it, I'm making a change. Not sure how we can get anything going on offense. And now Cooley is saying AD looks like he's slowing down a bit. This is an odd match up.

Texans 20

Skins 13

One thing I notice is that when QBs run on us, it's this weird thing where they pocket just turns into a jumble and there is no way to get a hand on them. I feel like we're the only team that has that happen for better or worse. It's like we get good push, but both OL and DL just mesh into this weird clump and even non-mobile QBs get first downs on us. Hell, I remember Eli Manning doing a few which drives me bananas...

Explosive passing teams tends to give our secondary issues.  The Tampa game was the exception but heck they have up 500 yards in that one, too.

I've picked the Redskins to win every game but one.  And i am trying real hard to feel good about this one like the others but got some worrisome trends to consider

A.  this team over the years tends to lose games that aren't must wins

B.  Battered O line versus Watt, Clowney and company

C.  The Texans unlike Tampa doesn't tend to implode with turnovers

D.  The team seems a little chesty -- usually good things don't ensue from that

E. Texans coming off a bye

No prediction now am waiting to I get into a better mood and see if my mind changes.  ?

Hard really to say. As a Redskins fan, you got to believe.  However, we are 1-2 in those games I was confident we'd win and 5-1 in games I thought we had a very good chance to lose (I will admit, though my trepidation versus Tampa and Carolina were probably influenced by the previous week's game while New York was more based on the blue-balls this team has given me in 1978, 1979, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2008 and 2016).  Don't really like all the talk about the Texans being overrated because if I believed it, we'd probably lose

Archived