Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Texans Prediction Thread: Pessimistically Optimistic?

skins island connection

Who wins ?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this defensive showdown ?

53 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

2-1 against teams at or over 500 this year so far.

13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Nobody used the word good though. @Renegade7 only said “2-1 against teams at or above .500 right now”. 4-4-1 is at or above .500 hence, 2-1 (wins against panthers and packers) and loss to the saints.

1 hour ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

If the Texans get 10 points ahead, the game is over no matter what quarter.  We always have problems with good teams.

Texans 30

Skins 17

This is where it started. So yeah, someone did say good teams.

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@NikeRedskin7 even when Rodgers was healthy we beat him 42-24 (2016 SNF) and 17-14 in 2010. We’ve shown we can beat a healthy Rodgers 

How many players of significance are on this team from that squad from those seasons?  I didn't say he is unbeatable, I just highly doubt if THIS Redskin team would have won if he was heathy.  We loss to Luck, Brees, Ryan and struggled with Fitz until they shot themselves in the foot. 

When healthy, Rodgers is better than all of those qbs.  If you believe that the Packers were good when we beat them a couple weeks ago with a gimpy Rodgers who obviously was far from his All Pro self, then enjoy yourself.

All I can go by is what MY eyes see.

2 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

How many players of significance are on this team from that squad from those seasons?  I didn't say he is unbeatable, I just highly doubt if THIS Redskin team would have won if he was heathy.  We loss to Luck, Brees, Ryan and struggled with Fitz until they shot themselves in the foot. 

When healthy, Rodgers is better than all of those qbs.  If you believe that the Packers were good when we beat them a couple weeks ago with a gimpy Rodgers who obviously was far from his All Pro self, then enjoy yourself.

All I can go by is what MY eyes see.

I don’t think the packers were good at all back then. They are a .500 team RIGHT NOW though. Which means they are one of those two that we beat

2 minutes ago, Bigmuss1 said:

I predict there will be 8 more posts on how hurt someone thinks Rodgers was/is during this football season........

oh the game!!

redskins - 24

Texans - 28

Only because we all “know” it’s going to be a low scoring game. 

You should have counted how many posts about how hurt our o-line is.  Game still has to be played.  That goes both ways.

16 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Watson and Hopkins go ballistic, JJ Watt has at least two sacks, JNo finally understands why the fans boo.  

Texans 31

Skins 13

I'm mad you called him JNo :rofl89:

12 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

This is where it started. So yeah, someone did say good teams.

NFL is only league where 500 can be a good team because we're talking a 16 game schedule.  If you lose 80 or 40 games like you do in another league, that's different. Last time giants won the super bowl they were 9-7.

18 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I don’t think the packers were good at all back then. They are a .500 team RIGHT NOW though. Which means they are one of those two that we beat

Really tough to say, they had a huge comeback against Chicago the first game then had a 29-29 tie the next game against the vikings before seeing us.  Been hovering around 500 ever since, but two of those loses are at Rams and at Patriots.

Texans is best team we've seen since the Saints, but in all fairness New Orleans is on an 8 game winning streak and basically acting like an electric buzzsaw to the rest of the NFL right now.

Let me see... a team coming off a bye vs the Skins at Fed Ex.  Where have I seen this before?  Hopkins is a Beast and they'll need to contain him or he will go buck wild on the secondary.  They need to confuse Watson otherwise he'll light them up in the air and on the ground.  Smith needs to connect on the deep passes or it could be the Colts, Falcons game all over again.  Based on previous events, I don't see it, but I hope I'm wrong.  

51 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Texans 30

Skins 13

I also think Smith will be knocked out of the game and Mccoy will have to finish the game. 

If that happens and Colt comes in and lights up, I could see couple of threads going up on Colt and the mods then merging them together to call it The Cult of Colt... :rofl89:

2 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

The Giants only victory (not counting whatever happens tonight). If they can do it, we can too. May the offensive monkey on our backs be lifted this week.

Redskins - 23

Texans - 19

Yeah, but that was in what, week 3? That was the last game the Texans have lost surprisingly. Back when Watson was probably still coming back from his injury from last season. 

I hope we can win though. If Crowder and CT are back:

Redskins: 21

Texans: 17

if not

Redskins: 14

Texans: 28

This is not a good match up right now with our injuries. We need to get some turn overs to help us out in this one. A win will be huge heading into Dallas then Philly and the Texans are beatable, Denver gave them a fit 2 weeks ago. Here's to 7-3 brothers.

With Crowder and Thompson

Redskins 20

Texans    16

With out

Sum Beach!

53 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

The Texans are a legit playoff contender while we are not.  We scored a measly 16 points against the Bucs.  I suspect a similar output against the Texans.  

Texans win 24-15

The Texans may be fools gold.  Not that we aren't as well.  Look at the qbs faced in their 6 wins: Luck, Dak, Josh Allen, Cody Kessler, Brock Osweiler, and Case Keenum.  Other than Luck, not exactly world beaters.  This is a pick em if you ask me.  All depends who wins the line of scrimmage and turnover battle

Skins: 24

Texans: 17

Archived