Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

That whole interview is unhinged madness. His handlers are really doing him no favors anymore. He is wearing that crazy like it’s FUBU in the 90’s (right? That **** was cool!!) 

I like the interviewer. Gonna have to catch more of his stuff. Unfortunately that will probably be the last with trump but it was worth it. 

His handlers know he's mental. They also know it doesn't matter. His base will love him no matter what.

2 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

I thought it was pretty funny that Lamar Alexander gave Trump a hiking staff after his "Yo Semites" signing ceremony. Can you imagine Trump going on a hike in the woods 😂? My bet is he told a staffer to put it in the trash as soon as he got away from the cameras.

I doubt Trump has ever walked for pleasure unless it was on his own property. And I wonder i he saw the gift as an attack initially because of his gait when walking down that ramp a few weeks ago. 

(Please remember that the president has very large, masculine hands.) 

10 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Man, I've had to break the interview up into bite-size segments because I can't handle that much stupid all at once.

I saw a ton of clips last week on MSNBC, but seeing the whole thing is...just wild. (only word I can really think of) 

On 8/3/2020 at 11:40 AM, Renegade7 said:

Disagree, I use a password manager pretty much all my passwords. One's that aren't supplemented with MFA are 15+ character random, I don't want to know what they are. 

MFA is only way to stand a chance against a keylogger (no password by itself is safe in that scenario), large random passwords is only way to a slow down brute force or password guessing.  Rainbow Tables get unrealistic really fast from a size standpoint based on how many characters the minimum length is.

Is 1password completely immune from vulnerabilities? No, but it's a helluva lot safer then trying to keep all my passwords different yet remember them all, I had to give up. MFA should be enabled by default to make password management more realistic for average user, folks get left for dead a lot these days on security, imo.

Passwords have proven to be obsolete, I wish my job let me put my CAC card in my laptop to make my life easier. I only make exceptions to this rule for passwords I don't have time for something to go wrong or don't want saved anywhere except my head, those are rare.

We getting to the point where the safest password system is sticking a PostIt to the monitor?  

- - - - 

Re: LD0506's post:  

Nuculer.  

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

We getting to the point where the safest password system is sticking a PostIt to the monitor?  

Honestly, safest password system is probably no password at all (something you have, something you are, somewhere you are, etc.).

I've told people this sticky note will self-destruct in 15 minutes only to have to come back and take it from them.  One job purchased a password manager for the entire company to use, now I work at a place that uses CyberArk requiring MFA to even login and get a password.

I'll just say this, I hope the answer isn't to make it as difficult for everyone as possible even the end user.  Some people are afraid of security folks because they prioritize protecting the computers over the people that use them.

17 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'll just say this, I hope the answer isn't to make it as difficult for everyone as possible even the end user.  Some people are afraid of security folks because they prioritize protecting the computers over the people that use them.

20 years ago, I managed the service department for a mom and pop computer store.  4-6 staff, worked with maybe 10-12 companies.  

And every one of the companies had absolute rules for passwords.  Your password could not me changed.  Until you tried to log in and it demanded that you change it that instant.  

This one required alphanumeric only.  This one required a special character.  This one required a special character, but a hyphen wasn't one of the allowed characters.  This one required 8-15 characters.  This one required 8-12.  This one required exactly 8.  (And all of those rules, constantly changed.)  

And sometimes it would be months before Employee X logged into the web site of Vendor Y.  

My perspective on the situation is that every one of those rules was imposed by some guy in an office who never once saw a customer.  Who could impose any rule he wanted via a single mouse click.  And who knew with absolute certainty that the only way he ever loses his job is for there to be a breach, and he hadn't imposed some restriction or other.  

Net result of all these rules imposed by all these security people?  

My company had a text document, listing the user ID and password of every single employee, on every single web site he used.  I maintained it.  It was stored on multiple computers, for safety.  Every time Tech Data would force Steve to change his password, he would yell across the one-room shop what his new password was, and I would update the document, print out 6 copies, and hand it out to all employees.  Every employee in the company had a piece of paper with the user name and password of every employee, on every web site.  

Because all those ultra-cool ultra-secure password rules made it humanly impossible to keep track of it any other way.  

18 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Nah, no war. Just forcibly removing a potential WH squatter

Am I being too optimistic here? 

He's in building full of people who's job is to keep people out that aren't supposed to be in there.

If there's any justice in the world, Secret Service drags him out the White House and throws him on Black Lives Matter plaza in DC, it's like right across the street.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

people are working on alternatives. Passwords is a dead system. It’ll just take time for one or two to prevail and become the norm. 

21 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

I thought it was pretty funny that Lamar Alexander gave Trump a hiking staff after his "Yo Semites" signing ceremony. Can you imagine Trump going on a hike in the woods 😂? My bet is he told a staffer to put it in the trash as soon as he got away from the cameras.

Maybe Lamar's message was "Hey Donny, take a hike."

Archived