Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

21 hours ago, Chachie said:

That's a war we can't win. Our entire party is the No Guns Party. (I support 2A, btw... but do not own a gun.)

Yeah we can. The military will not support him staying in power. They will not fight fellow Americans for that orange ass.

On the password topic there are so many horror stories of bad security.

One I encountered was a security question that was mandatory. You could not choose an alternative question. The question was ‘Name of your first pet’. It refused to accept my answer as it did not have the minimum five characters.

To proceed I had to answer with the imaginary name of my imaginary first pet. A hacker would have as good a chance of guessing that as me in a few months.

Remember kids, when you name your first pet, ensure that it complies with some future arbitrary and poorly designed security policy.

2 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

On the password topic there are so many horror stories of bad security.

One I encountered was a security question that was mandatory. You could not choose an alternative question. The question was ‘Name of your first pet’. It refused to accept my answer as it did not have the minimum five characters.

That's what you get for naming your dog Spot.

58 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

That's what you get for naming your dog Spot.

I was never that creative.

The cat was called ****, so that each evening when I wanted the cat to come inside I could stand on the front step and shout to the whole neighborhood “**** ... **** ... ****.” until the cat came home.

Often the cat wasn’t even outside. 😜

8 hours ago, Skintime said:

Yeah we can. The military will not support him staying in power. They will not fight fellow Americans for that orange ass.

18 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I used to believe that.  I'm less sure in recent days.

I know a couple of guys in the military. 2 years ago, I would have expected them to act sanely if Trump gets voted out but throws a tantrum. Now....one of them is, if not a Q believer, at least a Q sympathizer. The other is a full on "Covid is a hoax" type. I can no longer say I 100% believe they'd do the right thing.

I'm trying to keep them sane, but you know how easy it is for them to find like-minded types online, so I'm fighting a losing battle.

1 hour ago, GhostofSparta said:

I know a couple of guys in the military. 2 years ago, I would have expected them to act sanely if Trump gets voted out but throws a tantrum. Now....one of them is, if not a Q believer, at least a Q sympathizer. The other is a full on "Covid is a hoax" type. I can no longer say I 100% believe they'd do the right thing.

I'm trying to keep them sane, but you know how easy it is for them to find like-minded types online, so I'm fighting a losing battle.

If police has people with racist or crazy views, the military has their fair share of them also. How many pro Trumpers are in leadership position.

Pentagon Official Reportedly Has 'No Idea' Where Trump's Beirut Claims Came From

The Pentagon is distancing itself from President Trump's claims about the Beirut blast that killed more than 100 people.

Trump on Tuesday said his unnamed "great generals" told him they thought the massive explosion was a "terrible attack." In the early aftermath, there was speculation that the catastrophe was intentional, but it the consensus quickly became that it was almost certainly accidental — albeit brought on by neglect and mismanagement — and not linked to any foreign power, proxy forces, or terrorist organizations. Defense Secretary Mark Esper and other department officials affirmed they believe it was an accident, as well.

The president hasn't repeated his claim from Tuesday, possibly indicating he understands there was no basis for it. But that's what's raised some eyebrows, considering he said he got the information from unnamed high-ranking military officials. A senior Pentagon official, however, told The Associated Press on Wednesday they had "no idea" what Trump was referring to with his comment, leaving some to wonder if it came out of thin air.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pentagon-official-reportedly-no-idea-205400423.html

So he stupidly and erroneously blurts out that it was an "attack" while the city still smoldered - with NOTHING to support the claim, yet not a peep about solid intelligence that Russians are paying bounties to the Taliban to kill American soldiers.

13 hours ago, GhostofSparta said:

Are they officers or enlisted?  I live near the Pentagon, so a huge portion of my neighbors are military, nearly all officers.  They all hate Trump.  

Haha! I think Trump fatigued has finally crippled the nation, this guy is donezo. My only regret is that I didn't run for office within the last two years, would've been a nice job...anyways...

I just don't see it in the cards for Trump, he and his advisors could never do anything right, but now its just a joke. Seriously, even the smallest move backfires in Trump's face on a daily basis, no way this guy can win. Watching the Axios interview, I didn't see a strong leader, an authoritarian or an idiot. I saw a pathetic, senile, unqualified old man and I actually felt sorry for Trump. However, that is even more reason why this man should not be president and voting for him is a slap in the face of America. 

27 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Are they officers or enlisted?  I live near the Pentagon, so a huge portion of my neighbors are military, nearly all officers.  They all hate Trump.  

Don't want to give away too much about them, but both are officers. Both were also raised in extremely conservative, extremely religious families, both with a military parent. I know this because I was raised in a similar environment, but without the military parent.

I can understand them being shocked at how "liberal" I've become, but I never expected them to fall for crazy conspiracy theories like Q and Covid denial. The biggest tool I have at my disposal is knowing what and how they argue, as I was raised the same way. Coming at them through those avenues has been my only minor successes, and I'm hoping it's enough to keep them this side of sane for another few months.

Just now, GhostofSparta said:

Don't want to give away too much about them, but both are officers. Both were also raised in extremely conservative, extremely religious families, both with a military parent. I know this because I was raised in a similar environment, but without the military parent.

I can understand them being shocked at how "liberal" I've become, but I never expected them to fall for crazy conspiracy theories like Q and Covid denial. The biggest tool I have at my disposal is knowing what and how they argue, as I was raised the same way. Coming at them through those avenues has been my only minor successes, and I'm hoping it's enough to keep them this side of sane for another few months.

Yep, very scary.  My social circle in my neighborhood is 7 families.  Of the 13 adults, 8 are military or just left the service, and one more is a civilian contractor at the Pentagon.  They are from a broad cross section of the country, Kansas to California to Puerto Rico and upstate NY.  Only one is not an officer.  They uniformly dislike Trump (and I regularly goad them about the ****ed up things he does regarding the military. :) ). 

23 hours ago, Skintime said:

Who is talking about the military? I'm referring to Trump-loving automatic weapon enthusiasts. I fully expect some of them to form their own citizen-killing militias if their boy loses. 

Side note: No way Trump "loses" this election. He WILL cheat. The Senate, the USPS, the Supreme Court, and Daddy Vlad WILL help.

39 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Who is talking about the military? I'm referring to Trump-loving automatic weapon enthusiasts. I fully expect some of them to form their own citizen-killing militias if their boy loses. 

Side note: No way Trump "loses" this election. He WILL cheat. The Senate, the USPS, the Supreme Court, and Daddy Vlad WILL help.

Exactly what I've been saying for a long time. 
this is not going to go away by any normal means at all. he will cheat, and if his cheating doesn't outright declare him the victor, he WILL not leave, he will scream fraud, theft, and and he will raise every single legal challenge there is and he will continue to scream fraud and theft even as he loses them.

His army of morons, led and whipped up by all the opportunistic nazi groups and supremacist groups and militia's will come to DC armed, and it's going to get bad.

~Bang

5 minutes ago, Bang said:

Exactly what I've been saying for a long time. 
this is not going to go away by any normal means at all. he will cheat, and if his cheating doesn't outright declare him the victor, he WILL not leave and he will raise every single legal challege there is.

His army of morons, led and whipped up by all the opportunistic nazi groups and supremacist groups and militia's will come to DC armed, and it's going to get bad.

~Bang

Well, if all the crazies are in one place, makes it easier to get rid of them.

I am sure Trump figures all he has to do is cheat enough to ensure the results are within the margin of error and then from there it doesn't matter what nonsense explanation he comes up with, his 30% strong hold base will regurgitate it without a care in the world, and then right-wing media will do enough drum banging to sway another 10% and just like that you will have half the country ready for "revolution"

I know it doesn't represent every Trump support but almost every single one I see on social media is so sure that Trump is winning re-election, but not just win, landslide victory, that it will take exactly ZERO actual evidence to convince them it was rigged if he loses.

Archived