Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

19 hours ago, DCranon21 said:

Well they did shoot that bonkers idea down. Let's see if Donnie double downs.

I'll believe that when the election proceeds on time. As far as I'm concerned, this senate will say anything to keep things quiet until they can devise a way to delay them for Trump and for themselves. In this administration 90 days is a loooong time. Anything... and I mean ANYTHING can happen between now and November.

Heck, anything can happen between now and Monday morning.

2 hours ago, Chachie said:

I'll believe that when the election proceeds on time. As far as I'm concerned, this senate will say anything to keep things quiet until they can devise a way to delay them for Trump and for themselves. In this administration 90 days is a loooong time. Anything... and I mean ANYTHING can happen between now and November.

Heck, anything can happen between now and Monday morning.

If you have guns, get them ready

30 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If you have guns, get them ready

I really really really hope nothing gets to this point. But with this admin and the way things are right now, I unfortunately can't discount the possibility. Trump does something brazen to try and steal the election, protests that dwarf the current racial justice ones ensue, big groups of armed right wingers show up with itchy trigger fingers along with LE possibly sympathetic to their cause, the left starts bringing in their own armed people...

Trump sued again for blocking people on Twitter

President Donald Trump is facing more legal woes for blocking people on Twitter despite a court order that he cannot do so.

The Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University filed a new lawsuit against Trump on Friday for keeping several Twitter users blocked on his @RealDonaldTrump account. The group is suing in federal court in New York — the same court that ruled in May 2018 that Trump cannot block people from using his account because he uses it to announce important policy updates. That decision was backed by a federal appeals court in July 2019, and the circuit court declined to review its decision in March.

But according to the Knight Institute's new lawsuit, Trump has not unblocked users he had blocked before his inauguration. Users who couldn't identify which tweet prompted Trump to block them also remain blocked, the suit said.

Trump's team told the Knight Institute on July 20 that the president doesn't intend to unblock those users, according to the suit. The Knight Institute's lawsuit wants Trump to blanket unblock all users unless there are justifiable reasons to keep them blocked on an individualized basis.

"Defendants’ continued blocking of Individual Plaintiffs … violates their First Amendment rights," the Friday lawsuit said. "It unconstitutionally restricts their rights to read or participate in the discussion occurring in the public forum of the @realDonaldTrump account."

The lawsuit continued: "It also unconstitutionally restricts their right to access statements that Defendants are otherwise making available to the public at large, and their right to petition the government for redress of grievances."

Trump was ordered to unblock Twitter users in the 2018 decision on the grounds that cutting people off from important policy announcements for things they tweeted was a violation of their free speech.

Click on the link for the full article

The above points to something worrisome. I noticed it in the Barr testimony, too. On at least a few occassions, after the Supreme Court ruled against the President's position, the DOJ ignored the decision. They did not change their behaviors. Barr said that they would at some point, but as of yet, nope, they have made no course corrections.

Archived