Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

One Night In Miami, streaming now on Prime.  

The night that Muhammad Ali (then Cassius Clay) beats Sonny Liston, he and Malcolm X, Jim Brown and Sam Cooke hang out in Miami after the fight.  How much of the movie and dialogue is true, I am not exactly sure.  However, it's a really well done movie and the four discuss racism and what it means to be black, how they figure in the civil rights movement, etc.  

It's really well done.  Giving it a solid B+. 

• Like 3

I saw "The Equalizer" (Denzel Washington), and "The Iceman" (Michael Shannon) in the same day.

The Equalizer had a smile-inducing, heroic overtone.  The Iceman had a sad, dark feeling to it.

Iceman is based on a true story, which is ****ing crazy.

I usually prefer the hero-tale type movies, so I liked The Equalizer more.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I saw "The Equalizer" (Denzel Washington), and "The Iceman" (Michael Shannon) in the same day.

The Equalizer had a smile-inducing, heroic overtone.  The Iceman had a sad, dark feeling to it.

Iceman is based on a true story, which is ****ing crazy.

I usually prefer the hero-tale type movies, so I liked The Equalizer more.

I read the book about the Iceman, pretty nuts. Worth the read if you have time, never saw the movie I’ll have to check it out. 

• Like 1

Just watched Ava on Netflix. 

It's one of those assasin type of action movies. Better than I thought it was going to be. 

Solid B.

Getting ready to watch Outside the Wire now. Preview looks kinda like part Universal Soldier part any other crazy military type of action flick. We shall see. 

• Like 1

"Free Solo" 

Not sure I will ever see such an insane, both physical and mental feat on the big or little screen.  Would they go forward with that movie if it ended differently? 

Glossed over an interesting and traumatic childhood.  So much more going on about Alex... on a personal note my wife swears that my side of the family has aspergers...

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 6:14 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

One Night In Miami, streaming now on Prime.  

The night that Muhammad Ali (then Cassius Clay) beats Sonny Liston, he and Malcolm X, Jim Brown and Sam Cooke hang out in Miami after the fight.  How much of the movie and dialogue is true, I am not exactly sure.  However, it's a really well done movie and the four discuss racism and what it means to be black, how they figure in the civil rights movement, etc.  

It's really well done.  Giving it a solid B+. 

Watching it now. I’ll rate it a little higher and give it an A-.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Just watched “The Little Things” on HBOMax with Rami Malek and Denzel Washington. A good movie, though a little slow. I’ll give it a B-.

I just finished watching this as well. I thought there was a great movie somewhere in there but I felt Malek was really miscast and I kept waiting for a payoff that never seemed to come. I was entertained throughout but was left very disappointed. I'll give it a C-.

The Little Things sucked.  Like it wasn't terrible or the worst movie I've ever seen, but it did suck.  I would not recommend that movie to anyone.  It was probably one of the weakest payoffs in a movie that I can remember.  If that movie did not have Denzel in it the movie would have gone straight to Netflix or something and be some B movie.

• Like 2

The prison riot scene in Fate of the Furious is so well done. Sure the movies are ridiculous but mindlessly fun as hell. 

Speaking of Jason Statham, watched a movie of his called Redemption. Solid B movieish role but like usual, he played his role well and entertained. Not a great movie per se, but entertaining for a few hours in our post apocalypse world. 

On 1/24/2021 at 4:36 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

Saw “Soul” in Disney +. A great cartoon movie. Gets an A from me.

This was far better than I expected it to be. Animation is phenomenal and experimental in places. Definitely not a kids movie with some adult jokes thrown in...some deep themes and questions are brought up throughout the movie.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Killer Joe 

A cop (Matthew McConaughey) who moonlights as a hit man agrees to kill the hated mother of a desperate drug dealer (Emile Hirsch) in exchange for a tumble with the young man's virginal sister (Juno Temple).

What the ****. Another wife pick. I thought MM was in it so it was probably going to be good. The unintentional comedy is thru the roof. 

if you ever wanted to see a man face **** a woman using a KFC drumstick instead of his dick this is the movie for you

if you ever wanted to see a man pressed up against a refrigerator getting beaten to death with a can of pumpkin pie filling while someone else holds his legs still and another person cracks a glass bowl over their head, it’s right here for you 

if you ever want to see a woman get punched in the face and have blood running all over her face only for her stepson to walk in the trailer and say “your mascara is running” you want this 

if you ever wanted to see MM say he was 12 yrs old while receiving a reach around from a girl of ambiguous legal age, this is your ****

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

Silence. Solid 8/10. The plot is a little slow yet emotionally engrossing. Spectacular cinematography, lighting, and overall landscape throughout the movie. One of the most beautiful movies aesthetically that I've seen recently. The sets were elaborate and captured the time period perfectly, historically accurate. 

• Like 2

Pete Davidson isn't much of an actor, but he's been crushing it lately with the flicks.  King of Staten Island and Big Time Adolescence were both really good, enjoyed them a lot.   Slight nod to Staten Island.  I think Steve Buscemi is my favorite human.  

If you like Julia Garner (Ruth from Ozark), check out The Assistant on Hulu.  One of the best lesser-hyped films I've seen in a while. 

Waves was also really good, another A24 banger.  Sterling K Brown is knock your socks off fantastic (per usual), and Taylor Russell further shows off her acting chops and I think she's going to be a mega-star in a few years.  She's also one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood.  

The Kitchen was trash, it hurt my feelings that **** was so bad.  Tiffany Haddish & McCarthy may make a lot of stinkers, but my homegirl Elisabeth Moss deserves so much better. 

The Peanut Butter Falcon is the best movie I've seen in the last year. Period.  Look up the definition of "feel good movie" and you'd see PBF sitting there.  If you haven't seen it yet, make a point to watch it. Tonight.   This film reminds you that warmth and kindness could save us all, which I deeply believe is the most important message in life.  ✌️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2021 at 2:50 PM, purbeast said:

The Little Things sucked.  Like it wasn't terrible or the worst movie I've ever seen, but it did suck.  I would not recommend that movie to anyone.  It was probably one of the weakest payoffs in a movie that I can remember.  If that movie did not have Denzel in it the movie would have gone straight to Netflix or something and be some B movie.

Yeah, bigtime letdown considering the actors involved. 

• Like 1