Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

For those of you that enjoy a good werewolf movie, of which there are very, very, very few out there, this one might be enjoyable to you. Pretty scary, good special effects and well done for the most part. Oh, and for those of you who've seen the movie Dog Soldiers, you'll recognize the train conductor.

Howl (2015) - IMDb

Edited by Chump Bailey
  • Like 2

Godzilla vs Kong.

The Godzilla vs Kong fights are great.  The plot is garbage, I’m not even sure what it was because I didn’t care, but the fights were excellent.  I thought the cgi for Kong and Godzilla was excellent.  There’s a clear winner between the two, as well.  I expected a lame fight ending in a draw in this movie.  

If you like monster movies like Pacific Rim (not the second one, which was butt) you’ll really enjoy this movie.  

I am a little surprised that Millie Bobby Browns character is in this movie.  You’d think angry crowds would have set her on fire after what her character did in Godzilla Kong of the Monsters.  (She helped the terrorists that sparked a genocide that killed millions.). That doesn’t seem like something people would let slide.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Destino said:

Godzilla vs Kong.

The Godzilla vs Kong fights are great.  The plot is garbage, I’m not even sure what it was because I didn’t care, but the fights were excellent.  I thought the cgi for Kong and Godzilla was excellent.  There’s a clear winner between the two, as well.  I expected a lame fight ending in a draw in this movie.  

If you like monster movies like Pacific Rim (not the second one, which was butt) you’ll really enjoy this movie.  

I am a little surprised that Millie Bobby Browns character is in this movie.  You’d think angry crowds would have set her on fire after what her character did in Godzilla Kong of the Monsters.  (She helped the terrorists that sparked a genocide that killed millions.). That doesn’t seem like something people would let slide.  

Atlantic Rim was, indeed, complete garbage.  But it was one of the features in the newer MST3k's second season "The Gauntlet"...so it will always have a place in my heart.

image.thumb.jpeg.8953e138041a213d4392fb62ad7c8c75.jpeg

One of the worst movies ive ever seen. They made a movie about a dysfunctional family doing ****ty things (and also giant monsters go places and do things). The monster part is really secondary to the pointless family dynamic, which, if you make a movie with Godzilla in the title, is pretty misleading. Some of the lines made me audibly groan. One character’s role is to say “Gojirra” is Japanese every time Godzilla, a giant ****ing monster, comes out of nowhere, which happens like 10 times. For some reason, a major plot point is the earth being hollow?  Tywin Lannister is the bad guy, but the movie forgets about him about halfway through. A complete mess. 

• Sad 1

The Gentlemen.

I wanna love this movie sooooo much. Cast is great, acting is great, dialogue is great. But the way they decided to tell the story makes it so hard to follow. Mainly due to Hugh Grant's character. Just confusing as ****. Gonna take multiple watches to fully understand it.

Wished they just made it a straight forward badass British gangster flick.

Edited by CRobi21

As a Godzilla fan, the movie felt familiar, so wasn't shocked by the human parts (comes with territory).  The fight scenes were off the chain.  

I don't know how many folks in here that saw Godzilla vs Kong watched the older films, but if you were a fan you were rewarded.

Word on the street is they don't know where to go next.  I can understand that, a lot of the monsters were killed in the new films in a way its hard for them to come back compared to other older movies.  And there's only but so many baddies that are worthy of Hollywood stepping in (like SpaceGodzilla).  Might as well go all in on time travel (which happens a couple times)

On 4/1/2021 at 10:05 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

One of the worst movies ive ever seen. They made a movie about a dysfunctional family doing ****ty things (and also giant monsters go places and do things). The monster part is really secondary to the pointless family dynamic, which, if you make a movie with Godzilla in the title, is pretty misleading. Some of the lines made me audibly groan. One character’s role is to say “Gojirra” is Japanese every time Godzilla, a giant ****ing monster, comes out of nowhere, which happens like 10 times. For some reason, a major plot point is the earth being hollow?  Tywin Lannister is the bad guy, but the movie forgets about him about halfway through. A complete mess. 

Did you notice how all the fake newspaper headlines and news stories, in the credits after the movie, framed the monster genocide as a good thing?  The media reaction to untold millions (maybe billions) dead, was celebratory.  I remember watching that part and thinking “ah so the film makers are ****ing insane, that explains a lot.”  

In general the best way to watch a giant monster movie is to ignore humans in the plot.  The only monster movie that got it right was Cloverfield.  Instead of shoehorning some stupid drama, they just focused on people trying to survive the attack.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Destino said:

In general the best way to watch a giant monster movie is to ignore humans in the plot.  The only monster movie that got it right was Cloverfield.  Instead of shoehorning some stupid drama, they just focused on people trying to survive the attack.  

Alien V Predator, the one in Antartica, did a good job. 20 minutes of plot just to explain why monsters are fighting, then 75 minutes of monster fight. 

Only thing better would be to just forego any plot and just have Big John McCarthy point to each monster, “you ready?”  “you ready?”  “LETS GET IT ON!”

• Haha 2

White Boy.  Documentary on Netflix about a teenage drug dealer in 80s Detroit.  It's not what I thought it was going into it and I don't want to ruin it for anyone but the story isn't that straightforward.  It's a few years old and I've always wanted to see it.  If you like Cocaine Cowboys, The Seven Five and other things that revolve around the 80s drug trade, you'll like this.

Gets an A from me.  

29 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

White Boy.  Documentary on Netflix about a teenage drug dealer in 80s Detroit.  It's not what I thought it was going into it and I don't want to ruin it for anyone but the story isn't that straightforward.  It's a few years old and I've always wanted to see it.  If you like Cocaine Cowboys, The Seven Five and other things that revolve around the 80s drug trade, you'll like this.

Gets an A from me.  

That the same story that they made a movie about a few years back? White Boy Rick I think it was.

On 4/4/2021 at 6:42 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Gets an A from me.  

Im watching it now.  It’s amazing how massive corruption becomes when drug money shows up.  Makes you wonder just how bad things remain today, because those millions and billions of dollars are still floating around the streets of every major US city.  

33 minutes ago, Destino said:

Im watching it now.  It’s amazing how massive corruption becomes when drug money shows up.  Makes you wonder just how bad things remain today, because those millions and billions of dollars are still floating around the streets of every major US city.  

Yes. And it's scary to think how many stories like this don't/haven't been reported and/or covered up.  

The fun thing about that documentary is that I didn't know Axel Foley's foul mouthed police chief in Beverly Hills Cop was a real life cop/bad guy.  

40 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yes. And it's scary to think how many stories like this don't/haven't been reported and/or covered up.  

The fun thing about that documentary is that I didn't know Axel Foley's foul mouthed police chief in Beverly Hills Cop was a real life cop/bad guy.  

A really vindictive son of a **** too.  He kept Rick in prison for as long as he could, until the day he died.  it was crazy when you see that the guy who killed 30 people and admitted it in open court got out of jail already.  And a CHILD that was working for the police and FBI has been in jail all this time.  

Im sure you could do a documentary like this every week and never run out, because they’re still on going.  The corruption never ended because the cash keeps flowing in.  

I remember DC clubs as a younger man and noticing that the off duty cops moonlighting as security, were often standing next to the guys dealing in the clubs.  It made it clear who they were really providing security for.  Every city is corrupted by drug money, and the cops are the first to get paid off because they’re the first to come into contact with these drugs syndicates.  

• Like 1

The Father.  Anthony Hopkins plays an elderly man slowly fading away to dementia.  I'm not familiar at all with Florian Zeller, who wrote & directed The Father based on his 2012 play of the same name.  Zeller actually wrote the movie in English (play was in French) just so A.Hop could play the role.  

Sir Anthony delivers a Remains of the Day, Silence of the Lambs level performance.  In an interview last year, Hopkins mentioned that he watched his own father succumb to Alzheimer's, and said that he channeled a lot of his father's behavior during those final months into his performance :(.  Both Hopkins and Olivia Colman (The Favorite, The Crown) who plays his daughter, were nominated for Oscars.  Movie was nominated for Best Picture as well.  

Though it's pretty obvious how most movies about dementia and Alzheimer's end, this one has a bit of a twang to it that was pretty interesting.  Highly, highly recommend.  I don't ever pay to watch individual movies PPV style, but when my favorite actor of all-time is nominated for Best Actor and critics use phrases like "career-defining performance,"  stfu and take my money.  

THE FATHER | Official Trailer (2020) - YouTube

• Like 1