Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

57 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Good Times is excellent too. Robby Patts doesn’t miss once he got the twilight behind him 

Spit them facts, homie.  He's one of my favorite actor right now.  Not sure anyone in Hollywood has gone as hard as Patty has in the last 5 years.  

FB_IMG_1623526363852.jpg.0c560be1658b96054b922c25885a1527.jpg

• Like 4

The Hitman's Wife:Bodygaurd, a needless sequel to The Hitman's Bodygaurd.   The only highlight was the outrageousness of Salma Hayek's character.  Gets a C.

Edited by Rdskns2000
On 6/11/2021 at 10:14 PM, Fan since a Fetus said:

One thing, Pattinson has become a hell of an actor since Twilight. If he's in it, I'm interested. That's all.

The Invitation - Netflix - Goes out in a couple of weeks. This is a thriller/suspense movie. they call it horror, but I disagree. Pretty cool watch. A guy goes to his ex-wife's party that invited a bunch of friends as well. That's all I can say.  It was interesting. I give this one a B. It was definitely worth the watch prior to it leaving Netflix.

1) Completely agree about Pattinson...I used to be the same way for a short while about Joseph Gordon Levitt--he had a string of incredible movies and he was always strong in them.

2) The Invitation was really good...I saw this when I was going through a phase of mind**** movies that made you wonder about everything throughout their run times. The Invitation, Triangle, Coherence, The Endless, Time Lapse, Predestination, Take Shelter, The End (Spanish 2012 movie)...loved all of them.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 3
14 hours ago, Califan007 said:

1) Completely agree about Pattinson...I used to be the same way for a short while about Joseph Gordon Levitt--he had a string of incredible movies and he was always strong in them.

2) The Invitation was really good...I saw this when I was going through a phase of mind**** movies that made you wonder about everything throughout their run times. The Invitation, Triangle, Coherence, The Endless, Time Lapse, Predestination, Take Shelter, The End (Spanish 2012 movie)...loved all of them.

I felt that way about JGL for awhile also. I think the last movie purchase I actually made was The Walk. It was excellent.

Thanks for the movie suggestions. I've only seen Take Shelter. I like a lot of Michael Shannon movies. If anybody likes him, try  The Iceman. I saw it on Amazon one day and it was great.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
2 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I felt that way about JGL for awhile also. I think the last movie purchase I actually made was The Walk. It was excellent.

Thanks for the movie suggestions. I've only seen Take Shelter. I like a lot of Michael Shannon movies. If anybody likes him, try  The Iceman. I saw it on Amazon one day and it was great.

The Walk was insane lol (the last 10 minutes anyway)...really good movie.

• Like 1

So i know i am not the only one here with a taste for older movies. Here are a few i've watched recently on Amazon Prime.
COP HATER  stars a very young Robert Loggia with an appearance by Vincent Gardenia as a junkie stool pigeon. (also, be on the lookout for a teenage Jerry Orbach, who played "Lenny Briscoe" for years on Law and Order.) Good pace, good acting, good hard boiled cop drama.
Amazon.com: Cop Hater: Robert Loggia, Gerald O'Loughlin, Russell Hardie,  William Neff, William Berke, William Berke, Screenplay By Henry Kane,Based  On The Novel By Ed Mcbain: Movies & TV

..and "The Getaway", a Sam Peckinpah classic with Steve McQueen & Ali McGraw and Al Lettieri.  Loads of action, and some eyebrow-****ing co-stars like Sally Struthers and the guy who played "Howard" on the Andy Griffith Show.
https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vintagemovieposters.co.uk%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F08%2FIMG_0440-1024x764.jpg?auto=format%2Ccompress&crop=0&cs=tinysrgb&fit=crop&h=400&ixlib=php-2.3.0&trim=auto&w=400&s=279de184fc994860e7872e593fdddfe9

Enjoy!

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 3

I saw F9 today.  One more movie to go, in the saga.  It was your typical Fast Saga movie.  A little backstory in the movie; though I think that was to explain John Cena's role as Dom's brother: Jakob.  

Spoiler

There was a silly moment in the movie; when Roman and Tej blast into space, in a Pontiac Fierro that had a rocket attached to it.

Despite it's silly moments; the movie was a good sequel.  Gets a B+.   It's 2 hours and 25 minutes long and there is a mid credits bonus scene.  Unknown if that scene will lead to anything in Part 10.

Spoiler

I don't know why they just didn't kill off Brian- Paul Walker; since the actor is dead.  He was alluded a couple of times and a car pulls up to Dom's house at the end; leading you to believe it was Brian.  Guess, they can't kill him off.  I suspect there will be one final mention in F10 and maybe they even digitally make him appear at the end of the next movie.

Edited by Rdskns2000

Fast 9. A complete train wreck. I know these are supposed to be mindless fun action movies but this one wasn't even fun. It may be one of the dumbest movies I’ve ever seen. My wife and I laughed the entire way except towards the end when I think she actively started resenting me for bringing her. 

at one point  she leans in and asks “what are they supposed to be doing again?” and all I could say was “I have no ****ing idea, none of this makes any sense” 

The plot appears to be the result of spy and action movie mad libs that was tossed into a blender with some Corona and ice. it’s also jam-packed with every character from the entire series for some reason. People return from death with little explanation. Hell Han’s death at this point has been retconned 3 times and I still don’t know why he’s now alive. Every scene of the movie has a moment that would warrant you saying “well isn’t that convenient” 

the dialogue is so cringey and 75% of it is spoken while the character either looks off screen or is walking away and stops to look back at someone. at one point my eyes rolled so far into the back of my head one of them slipped right on out and it is still rolling around in the theater somewhere. 

there is a place for goofy ridiculous nonsensical action movies but they can’t take themselves seriously. I feel like they think these are quality movies and drama pieces with the focus on family and heart and all that. This action is also beyond goofy and ridiculous and nonsensical to the point that I openly hated it. Just tone it down the movie isn’t better because Dom

can hit a rope tied to a wooden post at the perfect 63 degree angle to ensure it wraps around the front axle and can swing a multi-ton car across a massive canyon like Indiana Jones. It’s just stupid. I shouldn’t be laughing at every supposed dramatic and action scene. The actual jokes they put in, mostly all to laugh at Tyrese for being stupid, fall flat and are sad. He also has a scene where he is literally surrounded by like 30 soldiers that have formed a circle above him and he just picks up an AK and just starts spraying and praying. The scene is shot to the point the soldiers are dropping and he’s not even aiming at them so I thought somebody else was taking the soldiers out to help. Nope, at the end he just smoked them all. 

The most tragic part about this movie is that Charlize Theron is in it and she is just way too great of an actress to be slumming it here. Despite inexplicably giving her Simple Jack’s haircut from Tropic Thunder, she doesn’t belong here. Have some self respect Charlize. 

cena on the other hand fits right in and at this point is the only likable addition to the cast. So naturally, he gets the least screen time of anyone. Also, his plot is super forced, entirely based on a misunderstanding and lack of communication, and his arc is predictable from first 5 seconds he’s in the movie. I think the direction they gave him was, “hey John, just make a face like you are watching your grandparents have sex in front of you.”

that’s his sourpuss expression the entire time. 

I could go on but I think I’ve made the point. I rate this movie an A for Absolute Trash. This is ****ing Sharknado with a 200 million dollar budget that makes less sense 

13 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

One more movie to go

there are two more of these things. They said they’re stopping at 11

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Just watched Thor Ragnarok on TBS. I’ve seen this before but this move is just plain awesome, funny, great action/fight scenes and great acting. It has to be in my top 3 Marvel movies. Easy A 

• Like 3

Yeah F9 was all over the place and jumped the shark but it’s an action movie and it did what action movies do. Think it already broke even, when you add in international sales.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Honestly, who goes to see a F&F movie for the plot? Or for realism?

true but there is absurd and stupid fun action which the others have done and then there is this. They were stepping on the line with 8 already and crossed it here and there but this one, the line isn’t even in sight any longer. 

I didn’t think the action was particularly good or entertaining either 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

true but there is absurd and stupid fun action which the others have done and then there is this. They were stepping on the line with 8 already and crossed it here and there but this one, the line isn’t even in sight any longer. 

I didn’t think the action was particularly good or entertaining either 

They jumped a car from skyscraper to skyscraper to skyscraper in F7. They outran a sub on ice and shielded Dom from fire using their cars in F8.  You really worried about a line being crossed on F9? 😁

• Haha 3
On 6/20/2021 at 2:40 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

The Hitman's Wife:Bodygaurd, a needless sequel to The Hitman's Bodygaurd.   The only highlight was the outrageousness of Salma Hayek's character.  Gets a C.

Yeah I'd give it like a C+. Its pretty funny though.

9 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Honestly, who goes to see a F&F movie for the plot? Or for realism?

Ever?  Exactly.

They are simply entertaining, and unrealistic. 

Wait, I recall this movie called back to the future. It was pretty clear that it was just for fun. 

Great Scott!!!

• Haha 1