Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

30 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Does Raiden finally express his feelings for Sub Zero?

If Raiden had feelings for anyone it was the guy with the steel sombrero.  

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah it was awesome. Way better than any MK movie previously. 

biggest complaint was getting the “I’m good with calculation” guy from The Dark Knight to be Shang Tsung. Just wasn’t nearly as threatening or powerful as he needed to be. 

Both Shang Tsung and Raiden's actors were very disappointing compared to the original. But the actors who played Jax, Sonya, and especially Kano were fantastic. And of course Scorpion, that guy is a legend.

Martin. (1978, dir. George Romero)

Cheap vampire flick from the master and creator of all things zombie. A young man who thinks he’s a vampire goes to live with his uncle in an attempt to save his soul. 

I love this film. Simple plot and cheap effects. It plays around with the vampire mythos, by giving us a vampire without superpowers. The kill scenes are incredibly disturbing, with the “home invasion” being at the top.

If you like B-movie horror, consider checking this one out. (3.5/4)

• Like 1

I thought Mortal Kombat owned.

People saying the acting wasn't as good as the OG MK movie...  I'm guessing you haven't seen it any time recently.  The acting in it is TERRIBLE.  But that is what is so awesome about it also.  I have it on bluray and pop it in every now and then.  It still holds up and has some great fight scenes.  Music is fantastic in it too.

From the very opening scene I thought the new MK movie was FANTASTIC.  Initially I gave it a 10/10 but after cooling down a bit and thinking about it, I'd say it's more of an 8/10 to me.  I also think that the new addition of Cole was better executed than I expected it to be prior to watching it.  It wasn't really necessary though as there is enough in the MK lore, but I was okay with it, although it was a bit predictable as to who Cole was within about 5 minutes lol.

As for why I dropped it 2 points...

Spoiler

1. There wasn't even a tournament.  I wanted to see real fights with Shang Tsung behind them being the guy running the fight.  But at the same time, I get why there weren't any, because Shang Tsung was trying to cheat to get the 10th straight win, so the good guys had to cheat as well to prevent that.  But still, wish there was more.

2. The music was forgettable.  Almost all of the music in the first one is memorable.  The music in the Reptile/Liu Kang scene from the OG MK is incredible.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Both Shang Tsung and Raiden's actors were very disappointing compared to the original. But the actors who played Jax, Sonya, and especially Kano were fantastic. And of course Scorpion, that guy is a legend.

I thought Raiden was better than Lambert as Raiden.  Sure I'm sure I'll be in the minority because everyone is on his nuts, but he kinda sucks in general.  Raiden isn't supposed to be some old white dude.  And he didn't do jack **** in the OG MK.  

All I wanted from Raiden in either MK movie though is a god damn super man so I coulda heard him scream HAYAMAMHAYAAAAAAA!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was fine with Raiden but not Shang tsung. 

Also, the soundtrack was a major weakness but other than those two things I thought it delivered pretty much everything I wanted from it. Probably some gratuitous F bombs from Kano. It was funny a lot of the time but a few times I was like “ehhh they're overdoing it” 

i think the story sets up well for a traditional tournament in the sequel following Shang Tsung’s humiliating defeat here. 

I was wondering why Sub Zero wasn’t freezing the floor so Cole and scorpion would slip back and forth for 2 seconds lol

all kidding aside the powers and fatalities were executed pretty well. You know this is what Godzilla vs King Kong should have been more like. You don’t necessarily need a lengthy explanation sometimes “I’ve risen from hell to kill you” works ****in fine 

• Like 1

Without Remorse...Michael B. Jordan doing a Tom Clancy movie.

It's decent.  The plot, once you get past murdered wife and an ex-Navy SEAL on revenge is...kinda whatever.  But that's really what you're coming to see, Michael B. Jordan on a rampage.  I've read some reviews calling the plot "indecipherable" which isn't really fair, IMO.  It's a bit convoluted at times but it's not impossible to figure out what's going on.  Jordan does a good job, so does everyone else.  It's just a straight up revenge movie, don't think of it as anything more.  B-.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It's decent.  The plot, once you get past murdered wife and an ex-Navy SEAL on revenge is...kinda whatever.  But that's really what you're coming to see, Michael B. Jordan on a rampage.  I've read some reviews calling the plot "indecipherable" which isn't really fair, IMO.  It's a bit convoluted at times but it's not impossible to figure out what's going on.  Jordan does a good job, so does everyone else.  It's just a straight up revenge movie, don't think of it as anything more.  B-.

Yeah I watched it last night too. I'd give it a 6/10. Pretty mediocre all around. The action scenes are cool I guess but the plot is pretty bare bones and the acting is wooden.

Its like they tried to mix John Wick in with the military but fell flat on both counts.

Posted (edited)

Jumping on the Without Remorse bandwagon - I thought it was outstanding all around. It was nothing like the book except character name John Clark. I went in with very low expectations but again, for me, easy 4.5 of 5 stars. I especially liked the female SEAL Commander, what a bad#ss.

image.jpeg.7e70543a689d42231791c7063a8525b1.jpeg

Edited by Chump Bailey
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I agree, there’s nothing at all “indecipherable” about the plot.  It’s actually pretty standard (and predictable).  It’s feels like a standard action movie to me with some cool action scenes.  Not bad, not great.  Worth a look if you like action movies and you’ve got some time to kill.  

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

Jumping on the Without Remorse bandwagon - I thought it was outstanding all around. It was nothing like the book except character name John Clark. I went in with very low expectations but again, for me, easy 4.5 of 5 stars. I especially liked the female SEAL Commander, what a bad#ss.

image.jpeg.7e70543a689d42231791c7063a8525b1.jpeg

Prequel to Rainbow 6?

https://collider.com/without-remorse-credits-scene-explained-rainbow-six/

5 hours ago, Destino said:

I agree, there’s nothing at all “indecipherable” about the plot.  It’s actually pretty standard (and predictable).  It’s feels like a standard action movie to me with some cool action scenes.  Not bad, not great.  Worth a look if you like action movies and you’ve got some time to kill.  

That’s the thing, it’s a revenge movie. Usually not the deepest plot stories around. Anyone looking for something like a Christopher Nolan movie should probably go watch a Christopher Nolan movie. 

Wait, "Without Remorse" is not a miniseries? As someone who has read my share of Tom Clancy.... this vexes me.   I assumed his stuff was perfect for 5 or 6 episode treatments and not the Harrison Ford / Alex Baldwin rush jobs... 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Wait, "Without Remorse" is not a miniseries? As someone who has read my share of Tom Clancy.... this vexes me.   I assumed his stuff was perfect for 5 or 6 episode treatments and not the Harrison Ford / Alex Baldwin rush jobs... 

Nope, it's a straight up movie.  The way it ends though, they definitely left room for a sequel...and that's before I saw/knew about any of the Rainbow Six stuff.  They make it pretty obvious.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
11 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

The Mitchell's vs the Machines was solid and a fun watch. 

Yeah I watched it last night with the family.  Fun movie.  The mom was the best character imo.  That lady was awesome.

• Like 1

Who Killed Captain Alex

Apparently this movie was made by some Uganda dudes who just really love movies and wanted to create an action movie. They had a budget of like $200 dollars lol...it's more entertaining than this trailer would have you believe, and not just in the "it's so amaterish it's kinda fun" way. The narrator is hilarious lol..."Movie! Movie! Movie!"

Small Town Crime

image.jpeg.e8a22a2ffbc9377308767fab7631d6cf.jpeg

Crime drama with a good cast from 2017 that apparently flew way under the radar. Nothing ground breaking or epic, but an interesting story with characters to match complete with an awesome 1970 Chevy Nova for those gearheads out there too.

Posted this one before but for some reason it came to mind: Brawl in Cell Block 99 with Vince Vaugh and Don Johnson. Loved it.

image.jpeg.deef7551ae7858d1d281c9530328e18b.jpeg

12 and Holding. Wow, super dark movie, I was not expecting that. Depicting kids doing some real messed up stuff. Shows the complexities of childhood and how difficult it is for parents to raise them. I give it a solid B.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Wrath of Man was a dark movie. Solid revenge flick. 

I saw in the theater yesterday. Good revenge flick.

Spoiler

His driving partner as the traitor, surprised me.

I’ll give the movie a solid B.

• Like 1