Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Deep Impact. Hadn’t seen that one since the theater. Forgot how bleak that movie is. It’s mostly just a bunch of family members saying goodbye to each other. 

Morgan Freeman is like “our efforts to save you have failed. You’re all gonna die unless you are one of the 500k lotto winners”. And then he describes how everyone is gonna die. 😂

The producers of this film have zero ****s. 

• Haha 2

On 3/31/2021 at 8:14 PM, Destino said:

Godzilla vs Kong.

The Godzilla vs Kong fights are great.  The plot is garbage, I’m not even sure what it was because I didn’t care, but the fights were excellent.  I thought the cgi for Kong and Godzilla was excellent.  There’s a clear winner between the two, as well.  I expected a lame fight ending in a draw in this movie.  

If you like monster movies like Pacific Rim (not the second one, which was butt) you’ll really enjoy this movie.  

I am a little surprised that Millie Bobby Browns character is in this movie.  You’d think angry crowds would have set her on fire after what her character did in Godzilla Kong of the Monsters.  (She helped the terrorists that sparked a genocide that killed millions.). That doesn’t seem like something people would let slide.  

The special effects leave a little to be desired.

• Haha 1

This new Mortal Kombat doesn't even come close to the first one (1995). Same story pretty much, but way more characters and it's probably rated R. But the acting is pretty bad and the fight scenes don't touch the first one. And the costumes are way over the top.

And only Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa can play Shang Tsung.

CGI Goro?! Gtfo....

Edited by CRobi21

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

This new Mortal Kombat doesn't even come close to the first one (1995). Same story pretty much, but way more characters and it's probably rated R. But the acting is pretty bad and the fight scenes don't touch the first one. And the costumes are way over the top.

CGI Goro?! Gtfo....

I think the choreography and overall fighting was better in this new one, but the characters/acting is NOWHERE NEAR the first one. Those guys were memorable. These guys, not so much(except the old guy who you reveals himself as you know who at the end, he was awesome). And I agree there were a few too many characters.

I'd give it a 7/10 though. Still a fun watch.

3 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

CGI Goro?! Gtfo....

my wife and I discussed if Mortal Kombat could ever be good movie and we decided that it is absolutely impossible.  Setting aside the absurdity of the central premise, there is just too large a plot to set up and explain, and too many characters.  There no time to get the audience invested in any of it.  

If Mortal Kombat can ever be rewritten into a good story, it would have to be a series.  They’d need to slowly add characters and take time on both the outworlders and earth warriors so that when the main event goes down the audience is painfully aware of the stakes for everyone.  

This latest movie fails because of the above.  There’s not enough time to cover all this stuff.  I have no idea what Cole Young’s powers are.  He grew some armor, it sort of glowed sometime... that’s all I got.  The characters were dull to the point that Cano and Kabal stole the show a bit with their non stop **** talking.  

The movie would have been better if it focused more on Scorpion crawling his way out of hell to get his vengeance like the animated movie (scorpions revenge) did.  

Fight scenes were ok.  Characters were awful.  Plot made no sense and there didn’t even seem to have an official tournament this time. 

I had a post on my phone that I lost... 

Demonslayer - A+ movie

Movie theater reopening... C- experience.  Nothing bad, just our local theater gives free refills on large popcorn and drinks and 4 people can enjoy 1 soda and popcorn plus the cheddar salt.  No refills, no boxes to even share (extra tiny bags)... rip off!

12 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

CGI Goro?! Gtfo....

Are you kidding..... the cast alone is better in the latest movie. Who cares about plot, I wanted to see dismemberment.

image.jpeg.e255c8b30a7d4c9d5953aa2376076c45.jpeg

versus

image.jpeg.e046fbd5187314c19d83aa05d0d9bba0.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fergasun said:

I had a post on my phone that I lost... 

Demonslayer - A+ movie

Movie theater reopening... C- experience.  Nothing bad, just our local theater gives free refills on large popcorn and drinks and 4 people can enjoy 1 soda and popcorn plus the cheddar salt.  No refills, no boxes to even share (extra tiny bags)... rip off!

My son wanted to see that so I bought him and his friend a ticket and dropped them off.

At the theater they said sorry sir but it's rated r so you have to stay with them the whole time.

Seems kind of unfair that I have to pay for adult tickets but have to chaperone them because they're not adults, but whatever. 

2 hours of all Japanese with subtitles combined with knowing zero about the plot had me pretty worried but honestly I didn't hate the movie, I was in an xd theater so the sound was amazing and the action scenes in the movie were pretty good.

Overall it was an interesting and different movie than I'm used to and didn't leave disappointed. 

The theater was awesome, the seats were extremely comfortable, the sound was incredible and the screen was aligned perfectly with the seats, I used to hate the movie theater experience but with covid causing them to separate everybody giving us all breathing room and the new theater designs I was very pleased with it.

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

My son wanted to see that so I bought him and his friend a ticket and dropped them off.

At the theater they said sorry sir but it's rated r so you have to stay with them the whole time.

Seems kind of unfair that I have to pay for adult tickets but have to chaperone them because they're not adults, but whatever. 

2 hours of all Japanese with subtitles combined with knowing zero about the plot had me pretty worried but honestly I didn't hate the movie, I was in an xd theater so the sound was amazing and the action scenes in the movie were pretty good.

Overall it was an interesting and different movie than I'm used to and didn't leave disappointed. 

The theater was awesome, the seats were extremely comfortable, the sound was incredible and the screen was aligned perfectly with the seats, I used to hate the movie theater experience but with covid causing them to separate everybody giving us all breathing room and the new theater designs I was very pleased with it.

I am curious if you knew how violent it was.  I expected some type of recap given they made a movie to cap off a 25+ episode anime.  But we just get thrown into the story.  We were waiting in front of the theater and saw another parent trying to do the same. 

16 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I am curious if you knew how violent it was.  I expected some type of recap given they made a movie to cap off a 25+ episode anime.  But we just get thrown into the story.  We were waiting in front of the theater and saw another parent trying to do the same. 

It was definitely pretty violent. 

Lots of sword play and blood.

That stuff doesn't bother me or make me think my children can't separate fantasy from reality but I could see some soccer moms not allowing their children to see it.

My son says it's about the same amount of violence as the series.

Edited by redskinss

8 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Are you kidding..... the cast alone is better in the latest movie. Who cares about plot, I wanted to see dismemberment.

I liked the new cast, except for Raiden.  Raiden was flat and didn’t have any of the restrained menace you want from an angry god.  

Haven’t seen it but I don’t expect it to be good. It’s mortal kombat. The originals were awful. Not even in a bloodsport awful way like where it’s still kinda endearing and dumb action movie entertainment but like just really cringeworthy awful in every conceivable way. If this one has good fight scenes it will surpass the original. That’s how low the bar is 

2 hours ago, Destino said:

I liked the new cast, except for Raiden.  Raiden was flat and didn’t have any of the restrained menace you want from an angry god.  

Does Raiden finally express his feelings for Sub Zero?

I haven’t seen the remake. It seems like an impossible project to make a good film with. Hard pass for me.

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy