Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

On 7/6/2021 at 4:49 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

I’m torn on if I want to watch this.  The major plot hole I see is that if you go back in time and bring them to the future and they end up dying, that would screw some things up.  That persons future self would cease to exist as well as any children that came after them.  Seems like a big “rip a hole and time and space” thing I would have trouble getting past.  Without giving too much spoiler, is this addressed in a reasonable way?

Repeat after me:  all time travel stories have huge plot holes.

Time travel itself doesn’t make any sense because it never accounts for the fact that the earth is moving through space.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Let Him Go, the Kevin Costner/Diane Lane vehicle.  Couple of geriatrics in the 1950s go after a hick family in North Dakota who's kidnapped their grandson.

It's pretty solid.  Not the best movie ever but not bad.  It's a straight ahead action/revenge/save the kid type of movie.  You know what you're getting into and that's fine.  I've never seen Lesley Manville before, but she does a great job of playing the the matriarch of the family that Costner/Lane go after.  It's a solid B for me.

Currently watching Rounders, a movie that I can watch anytime, anywhere.  Can't believe this movie is 23 years old. A+.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Destino said:

Repeat after me:  all time travel stories have huge plot holes.

Time travel itself doesn’t make any sense because it never accounts for the fact that the earth is moving through space.

You're telling me the future has the ability to time travel and can't calculate where the Earth is/was in space at a particular date?

18 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Let Him Go, the Kevin Costner/Diane Lane vehicle.  Couple of geriatrics in the 1950s go after a hick family in North Dakota who's kidnapped their grandson.

It's pretty solid.  Not the best movie ever but not bad.  It's a straight ahead action/revenge/save the kid type of movie.  You know what you're getting into and that's fine.  I've never seen Lesley Manville before, but she does a great job of playing the the matriarch of the family that Costner/Lane go after.  It's a solid B for me.

Nice.  I DVR'd this last weekend, probably watch tonight.  I'm always down for a Costner western.  

I find Chris Pratt to be one of the most likeable people in Hollywood, dude just oozes charisma.  I'll watch anything he's in.  Tomorrow War was a pretty fun movie. If anyone is on the fence, I'd say watch it. When it comes to your typical summer action movies that are entertaining but you'll probably never go out of your way to watch again (think: San Andreas, Battleship, Lucy, etc), I'd say Tomorrow War is upper-tier.  

"Awake" on Netflix had one of the most original ideas ever, but sadly it was poorly written and just not done well.  There was some sort of unexplained ginormous solar flare, and it EMP'd the entire planet.  Whole world is dark.  And nobody can sleep.  Like, you are either awake, or you're dead.  People tried drugs & alcohol, sleeping pills. Nothing.  Even people that are hospitalized or suffering from extreme injuries that would normally render you unconscious...are awake.  

The movie basically shows how society freaks out for the first 24-48 hours without sleep, but then beings to fall apart after 5-6 days as even law enforcement and the military start to become delusional and chaos ensues.  People eventually start dying from violence and exhaustion.  the main character's daughter can sleep somehow.  

• Thanks 1

rented it on Amazon.  Another horror comedy, because I can’t get enough of these movies.  Sam Richardson and Milano Vayntrub were excellent.  Movie was entertaining but slows down considerably towards the end.  Wait until this one is streaming for free on whatever streaming services you have.  

My wife guessed who the werewolf was correctly within 5 minutes.  Again.  She solves every damned whodoneit before seeing more than 5 minutes of a movie.  I think she played too much Clue as a child or something.  

• Like 1

Disturbia, the 2007 Shia LeBouf film that's a take on Hitch****'s Rear Window.

This isn't a great movie by any stretch...but I LOVE THIS MOVIE.  It's a movie I can watch when there's nothing else to watch.  I don't like LeBouf at all, but he's perfect in this role...the fast talking, neurotic, funny teenager.  The girl is a smokeshow.  His sidekick is a great sidekick.  Trinity from the Matrix is his mom.  The bad guy is appropriately creepy.  The movie doesn't drag in any areas, the pace is pretty quick and keeps you engaged.  

It's not a great plot, it's nothing original, but that's fine.

Billy Bob, what do you think we should give it?

BriskFaroffIndianelephant-size_restricte

I agree.  

• Haha 3

Space Jam (Lebron Version)

My daughter enjoyed it.  She was dancing and demanding they pass the ball to Lola Bunny, who she assured me is “literally” the best character.  “Obviously.”  

The movie is about what you’d expect.  It’s for kids.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

My daughter enjoyed it.  She was dancing and demanding they pass the ball to Lola Bunny, who she assured me is “literally” the best character.  “Obviously.”  

it’s a low bar to be better than the first one as a movie, story, acting, and animation but the reason the first will always be better is because the soundtrack is incredible 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 11:03 PM, Destino said:

I’ll give a C.  Kids probably will like it. Just watched it on HBOmax.  I don’t remember much about the original but there really was nothing special about this one.

• Like 1

I thought Space Jam was a lot of fun. It’s a much better movie than the original. Funnier too. I liked how they incorporated all the other WB properties and franchises into things. They made it their own too with a non-traditional basketball game. Lebron is a better actor than Jordan too (which doesn’t mean he’s good) and he let them make some jokes at his expense. Cheadle was chewing up the scenery. Cute movie. Obviously for kids but I enjoyed it