Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

8 minutes ago, Bang said:

Such a fun movie! If you never saw it, you'll love it, it's on Prime, and it's in Norwegian with subtitles, but you won't care.

~Bang

Nice pick, I friggin' loved this movie.  May be the best "found footage" horror/thriller I've seen.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

what did you watch this on?

Movie theater. IMAX 

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

AFAIK legally it's only in the theaters right now. 

Can you watch and understand it as a standalone or should you watch the series first?

Series first but it works as a standalone. The depth of the story won’t be appreciated as much without watching the series. One of the best anime’s out there right now. 

movie broke all kinds of anime movie records. 

• Thanks 1

Re: Demonslayer, Train

I watched Season One.  You can watch it as a standalone to some extent... it would be like watching a Star Wars sequel standalone (think Empire or Jedi).  It is story driven but you may want to know more about the characters.

• Thanks 1

Netflix's "Stowaway." JFC, that was two hours of stress and anxiety.  Love love love Toni Collette, she was great as always.  

Solid space flick.  Slow burn but entertaining. 

Regular Movie releases are back.  I think just about every week the next month probably has at least one major movie coming out.

This weekend the biggies are "Quiet Place 2" and "Cruella".

I just came from seeing Cruella.  Basically, an origin story for Cruella de vil of 101 Dalmatians.  Movie is about 2:15 and there's a mid credits scene.  I enjoyed this movie and Emma Stone did a good job as Cruella.  Also, stars Emma Thompson.  It's available in theaters and also available on Disney + starting Friday; though you have pay $29.99.   

I'll give it a A, I really liked it.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Regular Movie releases are back.  I think just about every week the next month probably has at least one major movie coming out.

This weekend the biggies are "Quiet Place 2" and "Cruella".

I just came from seeing Cruella.  Basically, an origin story for Cruella de vil of 101 Dalmatians.  Movie is about 2:15 and there's a mid credits scene.  I enjoyed this movie and Emma Stone did a good job as Cruella.  Also, stars Emma Thompson.  It's available in theaters and also available on Disney + starting Friday; though you have pay $29.99.   

I'll give it a A, I really liked it.  

Cruella was one I had little interest in since the Disney live action stuff of animated classics and characters has been mediocre to bad IMO, but I've heard it's surprisingly dark for a Disney film.  Also heard Emma Thompson steals the show.  Might have to check it out.

The Woman in the Window on Netflix starring Amy Adams, Gary Oldman and Wyatt Russell. 

a modern remake of Hitch****’s Rear Window, this one plays with the unreliable narrator bit to keep things honest and mysterious. Good movie if a bit predictable but it’s always a treat seeing Amy Adams in a role and this one gives her some good material to work with 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Wow you're too kind. I'd give it like a C at best. It wasn't very scary at all, but I guess if you look at it like a murder mystery it was okay.

I just liked the movie. Not every horror movie is scary but that doesn't mean I won't like; if it doesn't scare.

Just watched this documentary of this place in the 80s called Action Park in New Jersey on HBO. A wild, lawless water park essentially run by teenagers. Kind of interesting and I’m not going to lie place looked pretty damn fun lol 

I've been into slower movies lately. Tired of the big blockbusters. These movies aren't for everybody....I might rank something an A. you a F. I've recommended these to other people who have not liked them....Anyways...

Prospect - Netflix - It stars Pedro Pascal. I recommended it to other people who said it was boring. I think you need to give it about 20 minutes to see where it is going. At first, I was like "what the hell is this. It seems very low budget" It is, especially for a SciFi. However, things get very interesting. By the end, I loved it and was recommending it to everybody. To me it is an A- movie.

GoodTime - Netflix - It stars Robert Pattinson - One thing, Pattinson has become a hell of an actor since Twilight. If he's in it, I'm interested. That's all. This movie is very low budget. The volume is annoying throughout and you have to keep the remote handy. However, the story and Pattinson's acting are superb. Basically, he is a no good person that has to help his brother in multiple ways. reading the synopsis, it might sound boring, but it is anything but. A

The Invitation - Netflix - Goes out in a couple of weeks. This is a thriller/suspense movie. they call it horror, but I disagree. Pretty cool watch. A guy goes to his ex-wife's party that invited a bunch of friends as well. That's all I can say.  It was interesting. I give this one a B. It was definitely worth the watch prior to it leaving Netflix.

One more movie to watch that I watched a while ago is Ready or Not. If you like suspense/thriller/horror, then I highly recommend this movie. Fantastic!!!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I've been into slower movies lately. Tired of the big blockbusters. These movies aren't for everybody....I might rank something an A. you a F. I've recommended these to other people who have not liked them....Anyways...

Prospect - Netflix - It stars Pedro Pascal. I recommended it to other people who said it was boring. I think you need to give it about 20 minutes to see where it is going. At first, I was like "what the hell is this. It seems very low budget" It is, especially for a SciFi. However, things get very interesting. By the end, I loved it and was recommending it to everybody. To me it is an A- movie.

GoodTime - Netflix - It stars Robert Pattinson - One thing, Pattinson has become a hell of an actor since Twilight. If he's in it, I'm interested. That's all. This movie is very low budget. The volume is annoying throughout and you have to keep the remote handy. However, the story and Pattinson's acting are superb. Basically, he is a no good person that has to help his brother in multiple ways. reading the synopsis, it might sound boring, but it is anything but. A

The Invitation - Netflix - Goes out in a couple of weeks. This is a thriller/suspense movie. they call it horror, but I disagree. Pretty cool watch. A guy goes to his ex-wife's party that invited a bunch of friends as well. That's all I can say.  It was interesting. I give this one a B. It was definitely worth the watch prior to it leaving Netflix.

One more movie to watch that I watched a while ago is Ready or Not. If you like suspense/thriller/horror, then I highly recommend this movie. Fantastic!!!

I’ve been recommending prospect on here a lot and to friends. Think it’s a great demonstration of what Pascal can do in the Last of Us series. 

Good Times is excellent too. Robby Patts doesn’t miss once he got the twilight behind him 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1