Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

On 4/30/2024 at 9:44 AM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

what?!? Say it isn’t so 

edit: I see it’s been discussed and I’m behind. I really enjoyed it. Creepy and unsettling as hell, great cast. Tragic turn of events allows the cult to prey on this woman. 

also, dumb teenagers/young adults. A classic of the genre 

The cult in Midsommar was about the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. I wish they had all jumped off that rock ledge. 😆

Seriously though, not one character or line that is worth remembering in my opinion. Just cookie cutter young people doing dumb **** that they justified because “hey…cult!”

I think Ari Aster is a bit too clever for his own good. His films are not nearly as smart as they think they are. Dude just put out a three hour bomb with Joaquin Phoenix. 

Reminds me of a guy named M Knight. I expect a similar career trajectory.

• Like 1

"Inspired by the incredible true story of a hairdresser who single-handedly rallies an entire community to help a widowed father save the life of his critically ill young daughter."

This one is worth watching, Hilary rocks !

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

So I'm embarrassed to admit but finally got around to watching Dune 1 on the flight over 2 weeks ago. 

I now get the hype. 

Fwiw Dune 2 is dropping on Max, May 21. 

they to catch 2 in theaters if any are still Showing it . It deserves to be seen in that format 

On 5/13/2024 at 2:59 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

When the **** did Zac Efron become a pretty good actor?

I think he’s similar to Pattinson (though not as good). Two great actors trapped in silly teen hearthrob franchises so they weren’t taken seriously and were overlooked but once they broke free of that, they were able to showcase their talent. 

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Only really remember Kerry. Mind blown knowing that he was on a prosthetic foot when I was watching him. 

The story behind that is something else. IIRC, he lost the foot because he wanted to go out for a hamburger or something like that and injured it so severely it needed to be amputated.