Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't give a **** about Dune at all, just curious if you guys got the much talked about popcorn bucket.

I was at the counter and had forgotten about it and then remembered and told the guy “I want the bucket do you have the bucket? I need that bucket” He responds “oh we got the bucket but you have to get the combo with the drink to get it” 

so I did. Paid for it. Then he hands me a huge ass dune branded bucket of popcorn with no Worm Dunussy on top. I feel like he knew I wasn’t excited to get a regular ass popcorn bucket. 

regardless, Dune is fantastic you should check them both out. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I was at the counter and had forgotten about it and then remembered and told the guy “I want the bucket do you have the bucket? I need that bucket” He responds “oh we got the bucket but you have to get the combo with the drink to get it” 

so I did. Paid for it. Then he hands me a huge ass dune branded bucket of popcorn with no Worm Dunussy on top. I feel like he knew I wasn’t excited to get a regular ass popcorn bucket. 

regardless, Dune is fantastic you should check them both out. 

Passing on Dune, disappointed you didn't get the worm thing on top of your bucket.  

science fiction fans are the best fans. 

10 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't give a **** about Dune at all, just curious if you guys got the much talked about popcorn bucket.

I didn’t see anyone with the infamous popcorn bucket. I hate popcorn so there was never a chance of me getting it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Maybe Dune 3 will have Steven Seagal and Tom Cruise in it and then Spiff will go see it?

Would.

18 minutes ago, Destino said:

I didn’t see anyone with the infamous popcorn bucket. I hate popcorn so there was never a chance of me getting it. 

Hating popcorn, eh? Probably hate puppies and sunshine and ice cream too. 

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Would.

Hating popcorn, eh? Probably hate puppies and sunshine and ice cream too. 

popcorn is just a vehicle for butter. Otherwise it’s dry flavorless trash like rice cakes. Comparing it to ice cream is heresy. 

29 minutes ago, Destino said:

popcorn is just a vehicle for butter. Otherwise it’s dry flavorless trash like rice cakes. Comparing it to ice cream is heresy. 

If butter is the only thing you’re willing to put on popcorn, well, you’re just naive. 

• Thumb up 1

Stumbled across this one a few weeks ago, and caught most of it. I remember reading the book in sixth or seventh grade, and saw it in the theater a couple of years later. It was the first time I had seen it in over 40 years. 

image.thumb.png.35245b33c74004199726bb153d75cd82.png

The story takes place around 1965, and the movie has a very late 50's to mid 60's look and feel to it.

Directed by Francis Ford Coppola, it's not a great movie, but ok to good, I'd say. Basically a story of rival gangs and cliques. 

What I had forgotten was the cast in this movie, and then thinking about the careers so many of them went on to have, but how relatively unknown they were at the time. 

C. Thomas Howell 

Ralph Macchio

Matt Dillon

Patrick Swayze

Rob Lowe 

Emilio Estevez 

Tom Cruise

Diane Lane 

Leif Garrett 

Tom Waits

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Dune 2 is massive and monumental and very, very METAL.  Cinematic art of the highest order.

Highest recommendation.

Seconded.  It was amazing.  Can't wait for three.  They could really go long with this too.  There is all kind of wonderful material in the books.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Seconded.  It was amazing.  Can't wait for three.  They could really go long with this too.  There is all kind of wonderful material in the books.

Denis Villanueve is already writing the script for Messiah and the studio said if he’s happy with it they’re on board. He said he would stop at that and let someone else handle any future books 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

Stumbled across this one a few weeks ago, and caught most of it. I remember reading the book in sixth or seventh grade, and saw it in the theater a couple of years later. It was the first time I had seen it in over 40 years. 

image.thumb.png.35245b33c74004199726bb153d75cd82.png

The story takes place around 1965, and the movie has a very late 50's to mid 60's look and feel to it.

Directed by Francis Ford Coppola, it's not a great movie, but ok to good, I'd say. Basically a story of rival gangs and cliques. 

What I had forgotten was the cast in this movie, and then thinking about the careers so many of them went on to have, but how relatively unknown they were at the time. 

C. Thomas Howell 

Ralph Macchio

Matt Dillon

Patrick Swayze

Rob Lowe 

Emilio Estevez 

Tom Cruise

Diane Lane 

Leif Garrett 

Tom Waits

I too read it in 6th or 7th grade. We watched the movie afterwards. I thought it was a very good movie. If you get a chance, there's an extended directors cut. The one thing I didn't like about that cut is that some of the new music didn't fit with the scenes. 

• Like 1

I watched Adam Sandler’s Spaceman on Netflix. It’s just a mishmash of lifted ideas from better science fiction movies delivered by a bored low energy Adam Sandler. Not great.

On 3/7/2024 at 10:21 AM, Destino said:

I watched Adam Sandler’s Spaceman on Netflix. It’s just a mishmash of lifted ideas from better science fiction movies delivered by a bored low energy Adam Sandler. Not great.

It was boring.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Kung Fu Panda 4: 7/10. Fun movie but the villain and conclusion was kinda underwhelming and way too much Awkwafina.

I saw that, give it a B-.

They didn’t really need another one but if you liked the other 3, you’ll like this one. I can see Kung Fu Panda 5; if they wanted.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I’m sure. But I also don’t give much of a **** about sci fi in general. If I watch it, it’ll be after it comes out streaming somewhere. 

I don’t really go much for the sci-fi either, but I definitely appreciated that somebody was able to create this entire world out of nowhere with a unique government structure, religion, culture, etc. and then tell an effective story within that world and have every minute of the movie look like a visual masterpiece. Lotta good people came together to make that puppy. 

• Thumb up 1