Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Madam Web: 5/10. I don't understand the logic of having Sydney Sweeney in your movie and then having her play a child so she can't show off her assets.

Also, no post credit scene so pretty likely this movie will have zero tie in whatsoever with the MCU, so don't bother. If I didn't have AMC A List I wouldn't have watched this.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Haha 1

Finally got around to The Marvels this past weekend. A lot better than expected but still a marginal MCU movie. Love that Miss Marvel and family were featured...not feeling Captain Rambeau (Pulsar, Photon, Spectrum, whatever)..and the big baddie was kind of meh like Bale's baddie in Love and Thunder. Also Captain Marvel is so overpowered that it kind of just kills the need for anyone else. 

Eventually one the MCU movies has to acknowledge the giant frozen Celestial in the ocean (from the Eternals) right? 😆

Edited by The Evil Genius

On 2/20/2024 at 7:11 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Eventually one the MCU movies has to acknowledge the giant frozen Celestial in the ocean (from the Eternals) right? 😆

Spoiler

Unconfirmed plot rumor, so take with a grain of salt, but Captain America 4 is supposed to address it some way.  Like a bunch of countries figuring out this giant Celestial has resources that can be exploited. I'd heard it's where they're gonna introduce adamantium into the MCU.  

Edited by justice98
  • Like 2

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny. It wasn't bad, but it was oddly kinda dull. And it's not that there's not action and stuff happening, it's just that I didnt care.  But I will concede, some of it might be that my enthusiasm for Indiana Jones is basically non-existent in 2024.  And I loved the first 3, but I wasn't clamoring for #5.

And not to be ageist, but Ford is just too damn old for this stuff.  Some scenes he doesn't seem so old, but then others, he looks every bit of 80-something.

12 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)

I saw this years ago, for a ridiculous premise they pulled it off. I thought it was pretty good. I was a predisposed to like it either way though I'm a big fan of The League and Parks and Rec.  

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I enjoyed Dune 1 so excited for Dune 2. The reviews are great so far. 

I re-watched the first last night and enjoyed it more than the first time I watched it. Looking forward to watching Part 2 on Imax tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Dune 2 was jaw dropping. Felt like a kid watching it. Seems like our generations Star Wars which is a good comparison imo being that Lucas was inspired by the Dune novel when writing Star Wars and Dune itself subverts the “chosen one” or “hero’s journey”  that Star Wars uses. 

one of those movies that is just candy for your senses. The score, the cinematography, the feel. It feels real because it’s filmed in a desert rather than in a studio green screen. It is the best kind of spectacle wrapped up in fantastic acting performances from the entire cast. Feels like Chalamet and Zendaya became grown up stars now, they’ve graduated to the big leagues with this one. 

I haven’t read the books but to me it feels like LotR in that there is clearly massive dense text full of details and the movies are the streamlined version with just the important parts. So now I want to read book 1 anyway. Denis Villanueva is writing the script for Dune Messiah so we will get book 2 adapted too and I can’t wait for it. Really thought this one was powerful in its messages, which, along with part 1, are as deep as you want them to be. Tons to pull from them. I at least hope people don’t treat Paul 

Spoiler

As a hero because he certainly is mn’t and has now become the very thing he hated in the first movie and wanted to avoid.

loved it. Please if you even have a passing interest in it, see it in theaters. This is an experience and deserves to be viewed in a theater 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

Dune 2 was excellent. Bummed that the little sister didn’t get on screen and weird everyone out, but I still loved the movie. Tacos followed by big budget science fiction is a great way to spend a Saturday night.

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Dune 2 was excellent. Bummed that the little sister didn’t get on screen and weird everyone out, but I still loved the movie. Tacos followed by big budget science fiction is a great way to spend a Saturday night.

couldn’t believe the cameo they got for the vision of her, and that they kept it under wraps this whole time 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

couldn’t believe the cameo they got for the vision of her, and that they kept it under wraps this whole time 

The cameo was very cool. I still wanted to see little Alia Atreides talking to adults like they’re naive children and offending the bene gesserit reverend mother simply by existing. 

• Like 1