Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Godzilla Minus One finally made the human characters matter while having plenty of Godzilla screen make up for that's not why I went to go see it.

The PTSD thing is real, even if they didn't have a name for it then.  And calling out Japanese government for trying to save money on not adding ejector seats to planes then tying kamikaze to the honor they all take so seriously was eye opening...like I need to look into this, never heard that before.

This reboot makes more sense then Shin Godzilla...Shin was overpowered...and this darker tone with relevant reasonable human plots is the way to go. 

This movie if it wasn't subtitles would be doing for monster movies what Dark Knight did for comic book movies.  Saw group of young Hispanic leave about halfway in, last showing, probably not what they were expecting having to read the whole movie.  Otherwise, even with a lot of people talking about this, more would.

Deserves Oscar node somewhere somehow...

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Dream Scenario

Nicolas Cage delivers a great performance, he plays a teacher who finds his life turned upside down when millions of strangers suddenly start seeing him in their dreams.

The movie is a takedown of cancel culture, wokism, and social networks.

B+

Edited by FrFan

Equalizer 3 was pretty decent, I was entertained.  I'm a big fan of both Denzel Washington and graphic violence.  It's got a high plains drifter kinda vibe to it.  They filmed on location (which I appreciate in filmmaking these days) in coastal Italy and it was a beautiful backdrop throughout.  

Just released on Netflix. 

On 12/30/2023 at 6:07 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Latest Mission Impossible. Sucked ass. Worst one yet I think.

I'm a Mission: Impossible stan and I consider those fighting words.  All I can say in your defense is that real M:I fans caught it in theaters.  

What else do you expect from M:I other than ridiculous plot lines, global threats, false deaths, insane subterfuge,  a few plot twists that are obvious but unsure which will occur and ridiculous ending act stunts.  

@Renegade7

Can't wait for Part 2 of this one.  Higher than 90 percent on Rotten Tomatoes.

In fact, M:I 4, 5, 6, 7 are all pretty consistently rated better than 2 and 3...

Equalizer 3.  Holy ****, I loved it.  Denzel walking around with a hat like he's Marlon Brando in '72, ****ing bad guys up left and right.

Also, if anyone from Nova knows the Vienna Inn, there's a character from the CIA in there who's wearing a Vienna Inn hat the entire time.  

The Creator.  Amazing visuals given the budget.  Should be a message to these movies out here spending $200+ million and what's on screen doesn't look as good.  Having said that, the movie was fine.  I liked it, didn't totally love it.  Not Gareth Edwards' best, but a solid outing.  

The vocal resemblance of John David Washington to his dad is uncanny at times.  There were times where, if you closed your eyes and just listened to the dialogue, you would have thought Denzel was in the movie.  The cadence was that spot-on.  

• Like 1

I guess not technically a movie, but the new Chappelle special on Netflix is ****ING HILARIOUS!

It reminds me of his old school ones because he does way less about sharing his political views and what not in this one.

• Like 1

The Hot Spot.  This is a Tubi special, meaning it's pretty obscure and not critically acclaimed but sneaky good.  I was pleasantly surprised.  

It's from 1990, it's got Don Johnson and a young smoking hot Jennifer Connelly.  It's a noir film, and while I like Don Johnson in Miami Vice, I have a bit of a hard time believing him as a hardened criminal type.  But that's okay, he's still pretty good and Virginia Madsen plays the third part of the DJ/JC love triangle.  It was directed by Dennis Hopper and there are some issues with the pace of the movie, it drags in some areas but overall good.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The Hot Spot.  This is a Tubi special, meaning it's pretty obscure and not critically acclaimed but sneaky good.  I was pleasantly surprised.  

It's from 1990, it's got Don Johnson and a young smoking hot Jennifer Connelly.  It's a noir film, and while I like Don Johnson in Miami Vice, I have a bit of a hard time believing him as a hardened criminal type.  But that's okay, he's still pretty good and Virginia Madsen plays the third part of the DJ/JC love triangle.  It was directed by Dennis Hopper and there are some issues with the pace of the movie, it drags in some areas but overall good.  

I saw Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man the other day, from the same time period, and I could write this same exact review.  I enjoyed it warts and all.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

12 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

I saw Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man the other day, from the same time period, and I could write this same exact review.  I enjoyed it warts and all.

80s Noir is a goldmine.  Tell me yall have seen this gem.

https://youtu.be/cnvbtAoucPU?si=7Ee6zAJUIKCRna6O

• Thanks 1

Blood Simple (1984) - The first feature film from The Coen Brothers. It’s a dark noir flick. Violent. Unpredictable. Amazing. Love these lower budget masterpieces. I wanna watch a hundred more movies just like it. 

Days of Heaven (1978) - Terence Malick’s follow up to Badlands which is my favorite indie film of all time. This film’s content isn’t as bold/violent as his later work The Thin Red Line, but some of the sequences here are the most beautiful ever filmed. If you can handle the first half of the movie, the second half is truly incredible. A piece of art. 

Manhattan (1978) - My favorite Woody Allen film. The black and white photography is great and Diane Keaton is amazing. Worth a watch.

Saltburn (2023) - I hated this pretentious piece of trash more than I can explain. Shock value cinema that is a total ripoff of other films that were much better made. But I figured I would add it to the list here for those of you who like Amazon movie garbage. 😆

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Haha 1