Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

On 7/24/2023 at 1:10 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Does making a historical movie set in the 1940s with 50 star American flags in it warrant one? 😁

Hide contents

As an aside, having not seen it yet, did the movie talk about how Oppenheimer and the US government forced Hispanic and Native people out of their houses in New Mexico and/or irradiated them with testing near their towns? 

I'm assuming that didn't make the 3 hr cut. 

Lol 

Truman comes off as a dick 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 11:51 PM, Fergasun said:

The fun thing about having kids and their friends around is watching movies they had no idea existed. 

"Inglorious Basterds"

I have never seen this either.  Solid A. "Son of Fergasun" also enjoyed this.  "Friend of son of Fergasun" was annoyed at all the dialogue which inevitably added to the suspense of this movie. 

I am obviously wondering if "Kill Bill" or "Pulp Fiction" is the next Tarantino I show them.  Hope this...

"Pulp Fiction" - they weren't into it.... toooo sllloooww 

"Se7en" - same thing... too slow... 

Some of the best movies and the Tik Tok generation just wants action.

"Spiral - From the book of Saw" -- they loved that....

• Haha 1

"They Cloned Tyrone" on Netflix.
Holy smokes, what a fun movie! I thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved all the twists and turns, and I don't want to give any of it away for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Jamie Foxx is his usual excellent self, and John Boyega is downright GREAT.

~Bang

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Had a free ticket; so used it on the Apple TV movie; The Beannie Bubble. Gets a solid B. It’s about the rise and then bursting Ty- the Beannie baby craze.

Don’t know how much in the movie was actually true.

Then saw Meg 2, it also gets a solid B. More Megs and Lizards this time. Loved watching the megs eat the villains and tourists.

Probably will be a third one, with the way the movie ended.

• Thanks 1

Completed Barbenheimer tonight...

As a history nut I respect how hard it is to depict these people we read about in books as very real humans jus like you and me.

I feel they at least did the point Oppie was trying to make justice, if nothing else, and how important it was to ask if we should in regards to what we do with technology BEFORE we make it real...not after.  Artistic license or not, we have to get better at this for our own sake.

US is constantly depicted as the good guys in history, and sometimes that means washing over the controversy of our decisions at the time we made them, not jus looking back on them.

Oppie was made for a movie theater, the booming sounds and filling your face with the overwhelming haunting visuals you come to expect with a movie about the birth of the atomic bomb. 

Still, 5 years from now I can see folks in unison saying Barbie was better because even if folks didn't like the ending of Barbie, it didn't take forever to get there like Oppie.  I want to believe this movie will cause the thought provoking necessary in light of the destructive power discussed...but it won't, and from an entertainment standpoint alone Barbie did better.

The fact Barbie took the unique position of making fun of itself and landing nearly every punch is how this is even a conversation, I can't think of any other way they coulda made it and it not be a floop. 

That was some bold **** by Mattle, own your history, will we truly own ours with Hiroshima and Nagasaki?  We still haven't formally apologized yet, even Biden has shot that down.

• Like 1

Saw the cute alien flick, Jules. A space alien crashes into this elderly man’s back yard. He nurses the alien back to health and eventually tells 2 of his female friends. Gets a solid B.

Taken from Captain’s Log, a chapter in Dracula; The Last Voyage of the Demeter sees Dracula transported to London on the Demeter. You see Dracula pick off the crew one by one. Another solid B.

Spoiler

The end movie with Dracula teasing the lone survivor of Demeter. They could do a sequel with lone survivor hunting down Dracula.

On 8/5/2023 at 12:06 AM, Renegade7 said:

We still haven't formally apologized yet, even Biden has shot that down.

Apologized? Well Japan still denies a lot of what they did during the war. My exwife was Japanese, I lived there for about 15 years. They don't want to hear anything about those Korean women and their "claims". Apparently, it's all made up.

55 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Apologized? Well Japan still denies a lot of what they did during the war. My exwife was Japanese, I lived there for about 15 years. They don't want to hear anything about those Korean women and their "claims". Apparently, it's all made up.

Not arguing with you on that one.

To this day their are countries in that part of the world where this comes up from a diplomatic relations standpoint. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-54216632

But are you saying we are saying we should wait for Japan to apologize for genocide before we apologize for nuking them?

Because I don't agree with us doing that.  I'm open to listening to why we should.

15 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I personally don't see it as something we need to apologize for.  

Yeah, it's well past that meaning a damned thing anyway. That happened almost a century ago. Even a guy like Biden doesn't remember that day (as if he remembers many days lol). 

Saw “ Blue Beetle “ and it gets a solid B. A nice story about family. A little different superhero movie. Loved Nana- the grandma. She kicks ass. The first credits scene teases what could be the sequel, though it’s highly doubtful this movie makes any money. There’s a second after credits scene but not really anything to do with the movie.

• Thanks 1

One that everyone likely missed. A low budget scifi'ish movie called, In the Shadow of the Moon.

In 1988, a police officer is hungry to become a detective and begins tracking a serial killer who resurfaces every nine years. But when the killer's crimes defy all scientific explanation, the officer's obsession threatens to destroy everything.

• Thanks 1

I guess I’ll be the contrarian here.

Oppenheimer was a bad movie.

If it wasn’t for my family there I would have walked out.

Incredible cast. Well acted. Interesting story.

But when when I broke down what the movie what actually about, the message it was trying to convey… the story was terribly told.

That movie should have been 1.5 hours long maximum. There was so much added that didn’t really contribute to the basic story line at all.

And it was boring as hell.

There was no curveball/twists… no drama…  no defining lines or scenes (there’s nothing memorable about it)… it was just a history lesson. Which is fine, but…

62A22EA5-F9DA-49C9-9D8C-34062AB8A179.gif

Edited by Die Hard
  • Haha 2