Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

26 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Getting ready to watch the first Extraction movie since I missed it. Looks dope. 

Enjoy, man.  Fun action movies.  I think the sequel is better than the first.  

• Like 4

On 6/24/2023 at 1:51 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Saw the latest Jennifer Lawrence movie, “No Hard Feelings “. It was ok, gets a solid C. There’s a hilarious nude scene with Jennifer, set to Hall and Oates’ Maneater.

I saw it too...gets a B- from me. Standard plot outside of the ridiculous plot point to get the story rolling, but it was far funnier than I expected, and Lawrence really throws herself into the roll (including the nude scene you mentioned lol). And the guy who played opposite of her was actually impressive. Everyone else was pretty much standard though.

10/10

This movie is just incredible.  I was a fan of the first one and this movie is basically more of the same with way more outstanding visuals.  Yes the story is about as cookie cutter as you can get, and if you saw the first one, it is basically along those same lines, so nothing ground breaking and very pedestrian, but the whole package with the visuals and sound is what puts it over the top.  As a huge fan of the ocean and snorkeling/SCUBA, the underwater scenes are just incredible.  I loved all of the sea creatures they created and just the way the reefs and everything looked.  Yes it had some silly stuff and plot holes, but from a pure entertainment standpoint, it made 3 hours go by like it was 90 minutes for me.   I was never bored and honestly thought the whole last battle scene wasn't going to be the end and thought there was going to be more, because the time had gone by so fast.

I hadn't watched a movie at full blast in my home theater in a long time just because we have a 2 year old, but we put him to bed early so we could start this and blast it.  And I think I overdid it a little bit as my ears hurt after and this morning I still feel the ringing a bit lol.  It's almost like when I used to go clubbing until 4am then wake up still feeling it in my ears.

Edited by purbeast
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 6/28/2023 at 6:22 AM, purbeast said:

10/10

This movie is just incredible.  I was a fan of the first one and this movie is basically more of the same with way more outstanding visuals.  Yes the story is about as cookie cutter as you can get, and if you saw the first one, it is basically along those same lines, so nothing ground breaking and very pedestrian, but the whole package with the visuals and sound is what puts it over the top.  As a huge fan of the ocean and snorkeling/SCUBA, the underwater scenes are just incredible.  I loved all of the sea creatures they created and just the way the reefs and everything looked.  Yes it had some silly stuff and plot holes, but from a pure entertainment standpoint, it made 3 hours go by like it was 90 minutes for me.   I was never bored and honestly thought the whole last battle scene wasn't going to be the end and thought there was going to be more, because the time had gone by so fast.

I hadn't watched a movie at full blast in my home theater in a long time just because we have a 2 year old, but we put him to bed early so we could start this and blast it.  And I think I overdid it a little bit as my ears hurt after and this morning I still feel the ringing a bit lol.  It's almost like when I used to go clubbing until 4am then wake up still feeling it in my ears.

Cranked up my surround for that one too.  A lot of fun.  

• Like 1

Cocaine Bear.

Its been a long time since I went into a movie I knew to be silly/stupid.

I guess I’m just appreciative that I felt like I had some time to waste.

I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone… but some of the gore was amusing.

Creed III.

Giving it an A, simply because it's a movie where you already know the ending before you've seen it; Adonis wins a boxing match that means more than just getting a title belt.  And, of course, that's what all the Rocky movies were about and most of them were successful.  

The whole thing is about how Adonis makes it to that moment and I thought this was really well done.  And that whole moment in the final fight between him and Dame, 

Spoiler

where they're in Dodger Stadium and then it's just the two of them, no crowd, no noise and they're just boxing against each other.  I felt that was a really cool, artistic way to get as close as you can to what it must be like to be in a match like that where you're so singularly focused on your opponent that all of the other stuff goes away.  And a really cool way to leap from the 2nd or 3rd round to the 11th, too.

I think Michael B. Jordan is a pretty good actor but in this one I do believe Jonathan Majors gives the better performance.  He plays a bad guy very well.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

New John Wick - C - Eh, guess I’m just not interested anymore.

Ghosted - Romantic comedy - Not funny but not horribly bad. I would give it a C, but it has Ana De Armas, so it goes to A-

The Greatest Beer Run Ever - C - cool premise based on a true story. I feel it could have been done quite a bit better. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

New John Wick - C - Eh, guess I’m just not interested anymore.

Ghosted - Romantic comedy - Not funny but not horribly bad. I would give it a C, but it has Ana De Armas, so it goes to A-

The Greatest Beer Run Ever - C - cool premise based on a true story. I feel it could have been done quite a bit better. 

Ana De Armas is the only reason I watched that, too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Creed III.

Giving it an A, simply because it's a movie where you already know the ending before you've seen it; Adonis wins a boxing match that means more than just getting a title belt.  And, of course, that's what all the Rocky movies were about and most of them were successful.  

The whole thing is about how Adonis makes it to that moment and I thought this was really well done.  And that whole moment in the final fight between him and Dame, 

Hide contents

where they're in Dodger Stadium and then it's just the two of them, no crowd, no noise and they're just boxing against each other.  I felt that was a really cool, artistic way to get as close as you can to what it must be like to be in a match like that where you're so singularly focused on your opponent that all of the other stuff goes away.  And a really cool way to leap from the 2nd or 3rd round to the 11th, too.

I think Michael B. Jordan is a pretty good actor but in this one I do believe Jonathan Majors gives the better performance.  He plays a bad guy very well.

The spoiler you have is one of the dumbest/worst parts of any boxing movie I've ever seen.  I hated every part of it and that whole fight was awful and anticlimatic.

• Thumb down 1

16 hours ago, purbeast said:

The spoiler you have is one of the dumbest/worst parts of any boxing movie I've ever seen.  I hated every part of it and that whole fight was awful and anticlimatic.

Yeah, cause I'm sure you'd just want to see another boxing match the way they've always been filmed.  

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, cause I'm sure you'd just want to see another boxing match the way they've always been filmed.  

I prefer to see the boxing match, not just a dumb 30 second artsy fartsy CGI clip where they are having a conversation during a boxing match and then all of a sudden it is round 12.

The Captain
It's in German, so sub-titles. It's about a German soldier at the end of WW2 who has deserted and finds an abandoned field car with a Captain's uniform in it. He puts it on becomes this fictional Captain.. he finds other deserters and presses them to his 'unit'. He invents a special mission from the Fuhrer himself as a cover story, and under the guise of bringing deserters to justice ...  well, you'd have to see it. It is a true story.
It's shot in black and white, very high contrast, good and gritty. 

Out of ten, I'd give it a solid 8. It's free on Prime.

The Captain (2017) - IMDb

~Bang

• Like 2

M3gan - 6/10 - was surprised how bad the acting was in the movie considering it was a pretty big budget title, in the sense I remember seeing it being marketed to all hell.  It's kind of like a modern day take on Child's Play but not nearly as charming/funny as Chucky was.  And it also requires you to just assume AI is at a much higher level than it is at now.