Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Really enjoy this thread in another forum that I frequent, so I'm starting one here. Like the owned thread, it's best to keep discussion to a minimum. Otherwise it's pretty simple:

Include the poster of the last movie you saw, the title and year it was released a brief synopsis, and a brief review/your thoughts on the flick.

(Don't have to have seen the movie at the theater, by the way.)

Edited by renaissance

Chronicle-movie-poster.jpg

Chronicle (2012)

Three high school friends gain superpowers after making an incredible discovery. Soon, though, they find their lives spinning out of control and their bond tested as they embrace their darker sides.

Was really excited to see this movie bc I was intrigued by the plot. Overall, I was satisfied with the story. The development of the main character was pretty clear if not very complex. And while I don't think the concept was especially unique, it was much more interesting to me than, say, Jumpers. Had much more of a comic movie feel.

The whole movie is from the first-person point of view (kid filming his life). I generally find this annoying, but shaky cam wasn't an issue, and they actually found some creative ways to make it work so I didn't feel like I was watching Cloverfield part 2.

I did think the acting left something to be desired, but I think that's a product of it being a documentary/first person POV style.

"Monsters"

saw it on Showtime this weekend.. indie movie about giant alien monsters in Mexico..

seemed like a decent enough idea,, a probe discovers alien life in the solar system, and in bringing back samples breaks up and crashes over Mexico, spreading the spores which take root, and now there's gigantic fifty foot tall octopi with giant spider legs roaming around.

Half of Mexico and up to the Texas border is declared the Contaminated Zone, and the combined militaries try and contain the creatures.

(We know this by the continual loop of cnn-like starlight footage of one of the monsters being shot at by fighter jets that we see on pretty much every TV)

so then there's this photojournalist and his boss's daughter is trapped down there, and it's his job to get her across the infected zone and back to the states..

Sounds like it might be cool right?

right. It is if you like long introspective indie-flick crap about whether or not she wants to get married, and his attempt to bang her while weighing the conflict in his own heart about his son, which has a whole back story, and the fact that he makes a living off of human suffering...

and unless I miss my guess, there's supposed to be some monsters in here right?

Not so fast. Lots more indie movie angst and douchery from these two .. and while we cross the entire Infected Zone practically on foot, we see one monster.

In the end, two monsters show up and when at long last it looks like someone is finally going to get eaten, the monsters tenderly touch tentacles and the wandering couple learn the true meaning of love from gigantic space octospiders... who kill no one, eat no one, and only want to be left alone, if not for the nasty ol' military who wants to kill them.

What a waste of time.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

Tim & Eric's Billion Dollar Movie

billiondollarmovie.jpg

For those who like their show "Tim & Eric Awesome Show: Great Job!" will enjoy this movie.

If you enjoy awkward subtleties, weird graphics, and physical non-sequitor humor may enjoy this as well.

Edited by RVAbrendan

Last one I saw was last weekend...

Ghost+Rider+2+Poster.jpg

:ols: Don't ever see it. It's awful and we knew it was gonna be awful. That's the whole point. My friends and I go to the opening of every Cage movie so we can laugh at him. My favorite Cage rage scene ever is below. Ignore the subtitles. This is the best video of the whole scene.

Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D.....because it is Star Wars in 3D duh!

Last dvd Rum Dairy, I liked it and I like how it inspired his desire to fight oppression and corruption even through a rum flavored haze.

I read the Rum Diary and hated the movie since it was no where close to the story in the book. The movie is alright, but doesn't hold a candle to the story in the book.

The last new movie I saw recently was Exit Through the Gift Shop, about famous street artist Bansky and Mister Brainwash.

exit-through-the-gift-shop.jpg

Starts off as a quasi documentary on street art and Banksy, but transforms into a documentary on Mister Brainwash, a new street artist who filmed a lot of other street artist doing there work which would have been the original base for the doumentary. had MBW not screwed it all up. Banksy sends MBW off to do some art while he re edits the street art film, but no one could have guessed where MBW took a simple small piece of advice from the great Banksy.

I have no idea if the plot of MBW is real or not in this film, or it was just a Banksy trick but I don't care, I was entertained and I live my life by the old adage never let the truth get in the way of a good story. If you like Art, graffiti, mocu-mentaries or just laughing at French people, watch this movie.

I bought an old movie on the weekend that I haven't watched yet but it is a classic IMO.

Coming-To-America-1988-Front-Cover-4093.jpg

This is one funny film. "What is that? Velvet!?!" But the funny thing to me about this particular DVD lists other movies the starring actors have been in (In attempts to draw a larger audience). If you check next to Eddie Murphy's name, the films they give as his are Norbit & Dreamgirls. Really? not Beverly Hills Cop, Raw, former SNL cast member, The Golden Child, Trading Places, 48 Hrs, Bowfinger, Shrek etc. Eddie Murphy is now known for Norbit & Dreamgirls.

Rum Diaries. Rented it, hated it. What a pointless mess of a movie.

What's funny is that it was based on the true story of the founder of Rolling Stone magazine, I loved the movie because it doesn't try to make him out as a flat character hero who always does the right thing, but instead it shows a man's journey from a second rate journalist to a powerful voice against corruption. Sure the movie was a mess, but then his life and experience was a mess.

the-vow-poster.jpg

Yes, i know....im ashamed. My GF always goes to movies i wanna see. This was the first one she really wanted to see. So i had to take one for the team..:doh:

And i didn't think it was very good at all. I didn't understand why everyone was crying throughout the movie. Just didn't find it very sad.

Edited by S.T.real,lights,out

What's funny is that it was based on the true story of the founder of Rolling Stone magazine, I loved the movie because it doesn't try to make him out as a flat character hero who always does the right thing, but instead it shows a man's journey from a second rate journalist to a powerful voice against corruption. Sure the movie was a mess, but then his life and experience was a mess.

It wasn't that his life was a mess, that I could enjoy. The story itself was a mess. They are on an island mired in poverty and social injustice yet the corruption that he could not suffer is amongst the most trivial he encounters. A group of developers wanting to build a resort on an island currently used as target practice by the Navy isn't compelling given the backdrop. The amazingly stupid **** fighting photographer and his crack head side kick cause Depp more problems than the supposedly sinister group of greedy capitalists or his boss.