Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

"Monsters"

saw it on Showtime this weekend.. indie movie about giant alien monsters in Mexico..

seemed like a decent enough idea,, a probe discovers alien life in the solar system, and in bringing back samples breaks up and crashes over Mexico, spreading the spores which take root, and now there's gigantic fifty foot tall octopi with giant spider legs roaming around.

Half of Mexico and up to the Texas border is declared the Contaminated Zone, and the combined militaries try and contain the creatures.

(We know this by the continual loop of cnn-like starlight footage of one of the monsters being shot at by fighter jets that we see on pretty much every TV)

so then there's this photojournalist and his boss's daughter is trapped down there, and it's his job to get her across the infected zone and back to the states..

Sounds like it might be cool right?

right. It is if you like long introspective indie-flick crap about whether or not she wants to get married, and his attempt to bang her while weighing the conflict in his own heart about his son, which has a whole back story, and the fact that he makes a living off of human suffering...

and unless I miss my guess, there's supposed to be some monsters in here right?

Not so fast. Lots more indie movie angst and douchery from these two .. and while we cross the entire Infected Zone practically on foot, we see one monster.

In the end, two monsters show up and when at long last it looks like someone is finally going to get eaten, the monsters tenderly touch tentacles and the wandering couple learn the true meaning of love from gigantic space octospiders... who kill no one, eat no one, and only want to be left alone, if not for the nasty ol' military who wants to kill them.

What a waste of time.

~Bang

Not quite. In the end, they are attacked by the monsters and she (likely) dies. The begining of the film actually takes place after their encounter at the gas station.

I started watching with low expectations, but birdhead put on a pretty good performance and it was an interesting story.

How did you see that? It's not released for another few weeks. And I know the release dates for every Cage movie since I'll be guaranteed to be there on opening day. :ols:

Edited by royallypwned

Yes, i know....im ashamed. My GF always goes to movies i wanna see. This was the first one she really wanted to see. So i had to take one for the team..:doh:

And i didn't think it was very good at all. I didn't understand why everyone was crying throughout the movie. Just didn't find it very sad.

revoked-man-card.jpg

It wasn't that his life was a mess, that I could enjoy. The story itself was a mess. They are on an island mired in poverty and social injustice yet the corruption that he could not suffer is amongst the most trivial he encounters. A group of developers wanting to build a resort on an island currently used as target practice by the Navy isn't compelling given the backdrop. The amazingly stupid **** fighting photographer and his crack head side kick cause Depp more problems than the supposedly sinister group of greedy capitalists or his boss.

It's not about what causes Depp's problems, but who is causing the problems for the people that's the corruption he fights, the drunks and losers are small potatoes in comparison.

---------- Post added February-27th-2012 at 02:15 PM ----------

Out of 10, I give this movie an 8. God really moved me with this movie & it touches on a lot of different topics which really affect so many of us. Great movie. Fathers, I highly recommend it. Sons & daughters, I highly recommend it.

I know a lot of Christians really love this movie, but for me...meh...it was too much, I called it the anti-Oprah instead of getting everything, everything goes wrong, baby kidnapped in a car jacking, daughter dies, friend arrested for corruption etc etc, it was just too much, and that everything works out in the end because of they keep to their faith IMO is just way too simplistic and frankly unrealistic. I know that in my church I am in the minority as one who didn't like it, but it just wasn't well done IMO.

How was it?

I saw the previews and it looks kind of over the top... and that's coming from a former operator...lol

I saw J. Edgar yesterday... completely NOT worth the $25.00 I put into a bluray disk....

Depends what you're looking for. It's somewhat a recruitment film, the story is raw and the acting blows. However, all of that said, the action scenes were sweet, it had some great moments and it was enjoyable to see a picture like that.

All depends on what you want out of the movie.

Depends what you're looking for. .....

All depends on what you want out of the movie.

You mean like, acting, plot, character development, acting, story, and acting? :ols: Just playin', seriously though, when I saw that it was staring actual special forces I tossed it directly into the "recruitment film" category, of course that's what the author of the book is all about to begin with so it was not surprise to me, as for me I'll be waiting for this one 'til it hits the redbox.

Drive. Excellent flick.

Drive-Movie-Poster.jpg

Ryan Gosling stars as a Los Angeles wheelman for hire, stunt driving for movie productions by day and steering getaway vehicles for armed heists by night. Though a loner by nature, Driver can't help falling in love with his beautiful neighbor Irene (Carey Mulligan), a vulnerable young mother dragged into a dangerous underworld by the return of her ex-convict husband Standard (Oscar Isaac). After a heist intended to pay off Standard's protection money spins unpredictably out of control, Driver finds himself driving defense for the girl he loves, tailgated by a syndicate of deadly serious criminals. But when he realizes that the gangsters are after more than the bag of cash in his trunk-that they're coming straight for Irene and her son-Driver is forced to shift gears and go on offense.

Edited by aamiha73