Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

4 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Watched The Accountant last night because I saw they were making a sequel and never saw the original. Holy ****, that was bad! Why are they making a sequel?

Proof that drugs are bad, mmmkay. 😁

Edited by The Evil Genius

"Baby Driver"
I really enjoyed it, good cops-n-robbers flick. Very creative with the music and the action, and excellent action it is. Some great car chases, and a hell of a good cast. 

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

On 4/8/2024 at 7:34 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Watched The Accountant last night because I saw they were making a sequel and never saw the original. Holy ****, that was bad! Why are they making a sequel?

Wait, so is this like "bad" as is good?

And, why are they making a sequel because the first was so good?

• Thumb down 1

On 4/8/2024 at 7:34 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

My wife is an accountant and I have asked her repeatedly to confirm that her company expects her to murder people she catches cooking the books. So far she’s denied everything… but the secrets out, right? They even made a movie about it. Why lie?

anyway I don’t push it too far now that I know what she, and her team of accountants, are capable of. I keep all my receipts too. 

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Watched Captain Ron last night, first time I've seen it since it was in the theater when I was 9. Brought back a cool memory though - my dad took me and we were the only two people in the theater watching it. Got the best seats in the house lol. It was a late night showing so we may have been the only patrons in the whole place.

Anyway, just before it was over my dad snuck off to the restroom and got back just in time to finish the movie. As we walked out we suddenly stopped and he introduced me to the manager, which I thought was crazy, like my dad knows this superstar that runs movies?? The manager then took us up to the projector room which felt like an honor to see such a secret, holy place. I couldn't wait to tell my friends at school that I got to go up and see the room.

Edited by Metalhead
  • Like 2

I'm compromised...

GxK New Empire is on point for what it is.

6 pack Godzilla is ready for Space Godzilla....and Kong using mini me as a numchuck is tail slide level cinematic perfection (he deserved it at the time).

godzilla-slide.gif.3a0dddd8fa3920d4b3a89a0e7006ca6c.gif

A+ (but not better then Minus One)

Edited by Renegade7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Saw Civil War today, it was just o.k.  It wasn't the type of movie I thought it would be.   So, it gets a C-.

It's basically about a group of reporters travels thru a second civil war torn America.   The movie wasn't really about a second civil war but was set in a second civil war. It was about the journalists.

On 4/13/2024 at 9:03 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Saw Civil War today, it was just o.k.  It wasn't the type of movie I thought it would be.   So, it gets a C-.

It's basically about a group of reporters travels thru a second civil war torn America.   The movie wasn't really about a second civil war but was set in a second civil war. It was about the journalists.

Saw it and thought it was pretty good. I think not getting into the how and why was a plus.

I thought it was a very realistic portrayal of the attitudes and actions of the populace should something like that ever go down...

• Thumb up 1

On 4/14/2024 at 1:32 AM, The Evil Genius said:

Wow Disney's Wish was bad. How did that get released? 

The story is stupid and underdeveloped and the songs are just OK.

It feels like it was made by AI. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Midsommar - Finally got around to watching this movie. What an absolute piece of trash. I haven't hated a movie this much since Joker. Zero stars. 

Ive been putting off seeing this movie for years despite being a horror fanatic. The wrong people are saying too much about this one and that usually isn't a great sign. I'll eventually get around to it.

But you really hated Joker? I liked that movie. The fandom for it is a toxic cesspool similar to Fight Club, but i liked the movie. 

31 minutes ago, Destino said:

But you really hated Joker? I liked that movie. The fandom for it is a toxic cesspool similar to Fight Club, but i liked the movie. 

When I say I hated a movie, it’s usually based on my expectations going into it. I had just seen Hereditary (which I liked, although had some issues with it). So I was expecting to like Midsommar. I just thought it was incredibly stupid. 

Joker falls into the same category for me. I was expecting to love it, and just thought it was lazy and dumb. An outta work clown who wants to be a stand up comic? Hands out business cards that say “I’ve got a laughing disorder? That’s seriously what they went with? It just felt like the lowest hanging fruit. He didn’t have a great home life? No ****. 😆

I know people who love both films. They just didn’t work for me. Midsommar was almost as bad as Saltburn…almost. Haha. 

12 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

When I say I hated a movie, it’s usually based on my expectations going into it. I had just seen Hereditary (which I liked, although had some issues with it). So I was expecting to like Midsommar. I just thought it was incredibly stupid. 

Joker falls into the same category for me. I was expecting to love it, and just thought it was lazy and dumb. An outta work clown who wants to be a stand up comic? Hands out business cards that say “I’ve got a laughing disorder? That’s seriously what they went with? It just felt like the lowest hanging fruit. He didn’t have a great home life? No ****. 😆

I know people who love both films. They just didn’t work for me. Midsommar was almost as bad as Saltburn…almost. Haha. 

As a rule you never watch what you hope is a good horror movie after seeing a good one. Hereditary is haunting and it hangs with you, so your next one should be something like Killer Klowns from Outter Space. Think of it as a palate cleanser. 

Speaking of which, Talk to Me is a pretty good horror movie. It’s not “elevated horror” a term I hate for reasons I don’t feel like writing an essay on at the moment, but it’s entertaining and sufficiently creepy. Watch it at night if you’re feeling lonely. Muhahaha! 

i get what you’re saying on Joker. People built it up to be amazing. It wasn’t incredible. I tend to be more wary of positive reviews than negative ones. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

@DestinoTalk To Me is supposed to be great. I’m gonna check it out this week.

I also hate the term “elevated horror”. There was nothing elevated about Midsommar except maybe my contempt for the director. 😆

It’s not great. It’s creepy as hell. And because it deal primarily with teenagers, somewhat infuriating for adults. My wife, who is a kind and gentle soul, was mumbling about beating some sense into these terrible children by the end of it. lol

• Haha 1

Did a double dose of

movies yesterday.

Saw the vampire horror flick Abigail. The little girl vampire kicked ass. Gets a B. 

Then saw The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare. Based on a true story of British agents sabotaging a Nazi ship. Ian Fleming based James Bond on someone involved in this mission. Gets an A.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2024 at 2:58 PM, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Midsommar - Finally got around to watching this movie. What an absolute piece of trash. I haven't hated a movie this much since Joker. Zero stars. 

what?!? Say it isn’t so 

edit: I see it’s been discussed and I’m behind. I really enjoyed it. Creepy and unsettling as hell, great cast. Tragic turn of events allows the cult to prey on this woman. 

also, dumb teenagers/young adults. A classic of the genre 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man