Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

No way The Suicide Squad was awesome. Leaps and bounds better than the other one. This one was funny, had a better cast with far better characters and leaned into the source material more. They didn’t hold back and had quite a few surprises along the way. 

also, can’t express enough how happy I was that the villain wasn’t shooting a magic beam into the sky and destroying New York City or some other famous American city. This one felt right in line with a suicide squad mission. It’s not world-altering and it’s doesnt have to be. Stakes can be a little lower, a little sillier and still part of a quality movie 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 4

Watched Jungle Cruise tonight. Was actually a really fun movie with a surprisingly good story. 8.5/10.

Is the new Suicide Squad a sequel or remake? We're going to watch it tomorrow(hooray for AMC A List)but neither of us have seen the first one.

41 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Watched Jungle Cruise tonight. Was actually a really fun movie with a surprisingly good story. 8.5/10.

Is the new Suicide Squad a sequel or remake? We're going to watch it tomorrow(hooray for AMC A List)but neither of us have seen the first one.

Reboot. 

I watched "Mortal" on Amazon Prime.  It is about a guy who starts to get strange and dangerous powers.  It is a Norwegian film, but is primarily in English.  One of the better foreign films I have seen in a while.  Good acting and an original plot.

I give a thumbs up for suicide squad.  I thought it was the best suicide squad/Harley Quinn movie at least.  I thought the humor and action were pretty good. The villans were very weak, but the humor made up for it.

I’m watching suicide squad right now and I can already tell I’m watching this again.  It’s hilarious.  

edit:  finished it.  That was way more fun than I expected from a DC movie.  It’s a comedy horror superhero movie.

19 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Saw The Green Knight yesterday.  I feel like I just got trolled.

Is that a remake of Sword of the Valiant starring Sean Connery (in a suit of armor designed to show off his body hair)?  Because that movie was terrible and riddled with unintentional comedy.  

8 hours ago, Destino said:

Is that a remake of Sword of the Valiant starring Sean Connery (in a suit of armor designed to show off his body hair)?  Because that movie was terrible and riddled with unintentional comedy.  

No, nothing like that I think, but I've never seen that one.   This is definitely not First Knight. (the one with Connery and Richard Gere)

The positives for the film is that the cinematography/atmosphere and language are very well done  - you really do you feel like you are in King Arthur's court, if such a thing existed, and you are willing to buy into some minor magic (more like witchcraft) / elements of the supernatural / fantastical things. 

The problem with the film is  (minor spoiler)

Spoiler

Gawain (the character) sucked through the whole film. 

The ending felt very Monty Python-esque.   Imagine the Tale of Sir Robin.  Except without the ministral.  But we were supposed to take it seriously.  I think, unless the director comes out later and admits he was just trying to troll everyone, which is what I felt like when I left the theater

Edited by DCSaints_fan

Butt Boy.  

Yes, that's the title of an actual movie.

It's about this guy who stuffs things (remote controls, board game pieces, dogs, kids, other people) up his butt.  In the beginning, he's in his office at work and it's got an "Office Space" kind of vibe, though a bit darker.  He's got a wife and a kid and just appears to be miserable with his day to day life.  He goes in for his first colon exam and...voila, he learns that he likes getting things shoved up his butt.  It seems like it's the only thing that brings him joy and it becomes an addiction.

As you would, he starts off small and with obvious objects and then gets more and more creative.  I'm not going to lie, I almost had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard when he's scanning his house and he comes across the TV remote control and the camera slowly starts to zoom in on it.  Or when his boss at work addresses the cubicle farm and says that the Employee of the Month plaque has gone missing.  

Anyway, Butt Boy is in AA and he's a sponsor for a new AA member who happens to be a detective.  A kid goes missing, (yep, the kid is up Butt Boy's butt) the Detective figures out what's going on with Butt Boy and...I don't want to give the rest away. There are a few twists.

I went into this movie with exceedingly low expectations but I laughed hard the entire time, especially at the ending.  For an indie movie, it's really well done.  It's a noir movie and a dark comedy.  Absolutely ****ing hysterical.  I'm giving it an B+/A-.

I also watched Nobody, the action movie with Bob Odenkirk from Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul.  Tremendous action movie, didn't ever figure he could pull it off.  Giving it an A, too.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

Out of Sight.  A 1998 movie based off Elmore Leonard's book (which is fantastic) of the same name.  Read the book a few weeks ago, figured I should watch the movie.

Pretty solid movie with a great cast.  George Clooney and Jennifer Lopez are the main characters.  Ving Rhames is Clooney's sidekick, Don Cheadle is a bad guy.  Albert Brooks is a guy they're trying to rob.  Dennis Farina is in it, so is Luis Guzman for a little bit and Samuel L Jackson has a cameo at the very end.

It stays pretty close to the source material until the very end, which is understandable because Hollywood can't end a movie in the way Elmore Leonard ends a book.  If you like crime movies that have funny moments, this is a good movie to watch.  I'd never heard of it before but it's apparently been recognized as one of the better movies of 1998.  93%/74% score on Rotten Tomatoes.

Giving it a solid B.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Thanks 1

The first Suicide Squad was garbage. This one was awesome, I took a mushroom bar, watched the movie, ate the other half of the mushroom bar and watched it again. The only thing I didn't like was the tonal shift in the beginning and at certain points in the movie. I highly recommend Suicide Squad, but people should know that its not really an action movie. Yes, it has action in it, but its more about showing cool stuff instead of showing off stunts and whatnot.

The Green Knight sucked? Thats unfortunate...