Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Candyman - 100% what I would expect from a screenplay written by Jordan Peele. Visually gorgeous with great acting. It’s Less horror but haunting and creepy and packed to the brim with racial/social commentary as it tells the 200 year history of a small African American community and the horrors inflicted upon them. It’s very entertaining with some really awesome shots and effects, though it’s not scary in the slightest. Ties into the original well as a new chapter 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Candyman - 100% what I would expect from a screenplay written by Jordan Peele. Visually gorgeous with great acting. It’s Less horror but haunting and creepy and packed to the brim with racial/social commentary as it tells the 200 year history of a small African American community and the horrors inflicted upon them. It’s very entertaining with some really awesome shots and effects, though it’s not scary in the slightest. Ties into the original well as a new chapter 

Did you eat some 

631678-fo-state-of-candy-07-1-mjc.jpg

while watching it.

• Haha 1

Started watching the 9/11 National Geographic One Day 6-part miniseries last night. It follows that day from ~5:20 - 9:50am. I am guessing every episode just covers a very specific time frame during that day.

Man oh man I highly recommend it. There was a lot of new footage I had never seen and the story telling from the people on the ground is just incredible. It's very sad just reliving it again but also just completely sucked me in. The camera that is following the guys around when the footage of the first tower being hit was just unreal and crazy to think those guys were just out there looking at a gas line call. The phone calls from people on the airplanes I had never heard and the calls from people to their loved ones from the higher levels in the towers.

I look forward to watching the next 5 episodes. I think it finishes tonight. I have them on my DVR.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SemperFi Skins said:

I just heard that Top Gun 2 will be released on November 19th...and Val Kilmer is confirmed

thought they moved that one to 2022.  With the recent covid surge; some movies are being pushed back to 22.

‘Top Gun: Maverick,’ ‘Mission: Impossible 7’ Releases Delayed Amid Delta Surge 

>>“Top Gun: Maverick” will now open in theaters on May 27, 2022, instead of Nov. 19, 2021, while another Cruise-led adventure, “Mission: Impossible 7,” will debut on Sept. 30, 2022, instead of May 27, 2022.<<

On 9/2/2021 at 7:44 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

thought they moved that one to 2022.  With the recent covid surge; some movies are being pushed back to 22.

‘Top Gun: Maverick,’ ‘Mission: Impossible 7’ Releases Delayed Amid Delta Surge 

>>“Top Gun: Maverick” will now open in theaters on May 27, 2022, instead of Nov. 19, 2021, while another Cruise-led adventure, “Mission: Impossible 7,” will debut on Sept. 30, 2022, instead of May 27, 2022.<<

They can **** all the way off with pushing Top Gun 2 back.  At this point I'm close to trying to see if there are some leaked pirated versions out there.  There's no good reason they can't release it in November of this year.  I'd even pay to rent it from home on Apple TV, at 20 bucks to rent it's probably cheaper than what I'd pay for two tickets at the theatre, plus I can have my own food. 

Saw Shang-Chi today. A little different than the typical Marvel movie but it was pretty good. There are 2 credit scenes- midway and at the end. 2 characters we’ve seen in other Marvel movies, appear in this one.  I’ll give the movie a solid B+. I get the feeling Shang Chi will be an integral character in the future Marvel movies.

Edited by Rdskns2000

On 9/3/2021 at 1:34 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

I heard the Bond movie needs make 800-900 million to make a profit. Highly, doubtful. Good thing Amazon bought MGM.

It cost $200 million to make,  So then it would require substantially less that $800 million to make a profit.  And BTW, the last bond film, Spectre, made $880 million, so even so, not out of the realm of possibility.

15 hours ago, China said:

It cost $200 million to make,  So then it would require substantially less that $800 million to make a profit.  And BTW, the last bond film, Spectre, made $880 million, so even so, not out of the realm of possibility.

This is where I got the figure and the article explains why they need to make that much.

No Time to Die Needs to Earn $900M to Break Even as the Most Expensive James Bond Movie Ever

In this Covid environment; I don’t see that happening.

Edited by Rdskns2000