Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

On 10/6/2020 at 11:24 AM, skinsmarydu said:

OK, cuz the Tom Cruise one is amazing.  Tim Curry plays the Devil...it's monumental to me, as far as movies go.

How did I miss this movie?  I've never even heard of it.  Weird.  I'll have to check it out.

But as for as Tom Cruise goes, the scene from the end of Taps is beautiful man:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

S5LM8aH.jpg

This is actually surprisingly good movie about an old WWII vet, one that actually killed Hitler, but is filled with regrets.  Right in the middle of this perfectly fine character driven movie, is a mission to kill Bigfoot.  I’m not sure I’ve ever seen another movie like this.  

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Borat Subsequent Moviefilm was amazing.  Pain and humor are strange bedfellows.  I think Baron Cohen is an authentic genius and the greatest farceur on film.

It started out a bit slow and some of the bits were obviously staged, but it's definitely funny and entertaining. And that ending was damn near perfect and ****ing hilarious lol...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

It started out a bit slow and some of the bits were obviously staged, but it's definitely funny and entertaining. And that ending was damn near perfect and ****ing hilarious lol...

It's amazing to me that he was able to cobble together a very cogent narrative out of that collection of bits.  He's got real acting and story-telling chops.  I actually didn't think it was that slow.  All of the Soviet bloc satire just does it for me and I was wheezing from laughing so hard throughout the movie.

I think that movie was more than just entertaining, it was important.  An important piece of satire with some depressing documentary qualities.  He held a mirror up to our political culture and it was ugly.  But the two wonderfully sweet ladies that he used as the heroes for the film were amazing and I really hope they weren't actresses performing scripted parts.  They modeled a path of renewal for the country.  Embodied the values that actually make America a great place, I thought the hear that they provided the film made it really interesting and different and even more pointed than the first film was.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Netflix suggested this movie, Knock Knock.

Absolute worst movie I've seen in a long time, perhaps in the running for worst move I've ever seen.  

Keanu Reeves is an architect or something, his wife and two kids leave him alone for the weekend so he can get some work done or something.  I can't even remember.  Anyway, there's a monsoon in LA - you know, where it never rains - and he hears a knock at his door.  Two hot girls are lost and soaking wet, they bamboozle him into letting them come in for shelter, use the phone, etc.  Followed by the predictable threesome, he wakes up the next morning and they're destroying his house and won't leave.  They terrorize him, he finally gets them to agree to leave and drives them home, only for them to come back later that night and somehow keep him tied up all day while they destroy the house and **** with his life. 

Have you ever wanted to see a movie where people play monkey in the middle with someone's asthma inhaler?  This is the movie.  Did you think it was possible for captors to cover their eyes and start a game of hide and seek while holding a gun?  And then have the victim...you know, not overpower them and take the gun?  Instead he runs to the kitchen and gets a knife and a frying pan and hides in the house.

Even the ending was terrible, they bury him up to his neck in the backyard and just...leave him there.  And then the wife and the kids come home, the wife is astonished to see how trashed the house is and the camera cuts to the little boy and he says "Daddy had a party."  That's it, that's the movie.  Sorry for the spoilers, but you're probably not going to watch this.

I give this movie an F+.  And the only reason there's a plus is because looking at Ana de Armas for an hour and a half was the only thing that made this watchable.  

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/7/2020 at 7:10 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Netflix suggested this movie, Knock Knock.

Absolute worst movie I've seen in a long time, perhaps in the running for worst move I've ever seen.  

lmao My wife picked this movie and I saw Keanu and thought, "sure, why not. This is probably one of her better picks." To be fair, we laughed our asses off and had a great time watching it. 

He is a perfect gentleman to these two girls and they refuse to leave his house, randomly strip naked to get in the shower and when he still fights them to try to get them to leave they pull his pants off until he finally gives in. Then they blame him and destroy his life because he's just like every other man and doesn't care about his family? Their motives make no sense. 

It just defies explanation that he isn't able to just overpower them at some point though the reveal that they recorded it and are underage and would go to the police helps him play along. And they do it all just to ruin his life and prove a point? I thought he was going to be targeted for some past transgression but no. This is their game. Force men to cheat on their wives with them and then ruin their lives to prove that men are worthless.

At one point he gets stabbed with a fork in his recently surgically repaired shoulder and it literally cripples this dude and makes him pass out. I don't know why I brought that up I just that it should be noted.  

It is just comically bad and ridiculous. look at this ****:

image.jpeg.6d056345bb8ad9b9fc9e6740381c0bf3.jpeg

Honestly, I think less of the John Wick films simply for this movie. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

lmao My wife picked this movie and I saw Keanu and thought, "sure, why not. This is probably one of her better picks." To be fair, we laughed our asses off and had a great time watching it. 

He is a perfect gentleman to these two girls and they refuse to leave his house, randomly strip naked to get in the shower and when he still fights them to try to get them to leave they pull his pants off until he finally gives in. Then they blame him and destroy his life because he's just like every other man and doesn't care about his family? Their motives make no sense. 

It just defies explanation that he isn't able to just overpower them at some point though the reveal that they recorded it and are underage and would go to the police helps him play along. And they do it all just to ruin his life and prove a point? I thought he was going to be targeted for some past transgression but no. This is their game. Force men to cheat on their wives with them and then ruin their lives to prove that men are worthless.

At one point he gets stabbed with a fork in his recently surgically repaired shoulder and it literally cripples this dude and makes him pass out. I don't know why I brought that up I just that it should be noted.  

It is just comically bad and ridiculous. look at this ****:

image.jpeg.6d056345bb8ad9b9fc9e6740381c0bf3.jpeg

Honestly, I think less of the John Wick films simply for this movie. 

Thank you!  Thank you.  I'm glad I'm no longer the only Tailgater that's been subjected to this.

Unfortunately, I watched it alone, there was no one to laugh with.  Therefore, it was more of a sad an depressing experience for me.

Agreed on the girls motive making no sense.  I kept waiting for a big reveal...what it was, I wasn't sure, but they just wanted to...I dunno, hate on men.  

It is a top 3 terrible movie for me.  

• Like 1

Well after Netflix suggested the terrible movie "Knock Knock" which @Momma There Goes That Manand I have thoroughly reviewed, it redeemed itself with the Jennifer Garner flick, Peppermint.

It's not a movie, it's certainly not a film.  It's a flick.  And it's pretty fun.  It's a revenge movie and as far as good revenge movies go, it checks a lot of boxes:

• Unoriginal and uncomplicated plot
  • Over the top violence
  • Nothing preachy/no social agenda
  • Cheesy writing
  • Confused cops that don't know what to do
  • The public cheering on the vigilante

Jennifer Garner plays Riley North, a wife and mother who's husband is caught up with some shady characters.  He backs out of a proposed drug heist but it doesn't matter, he and his daughter get killed by drug dealers anyway.  Garner survives the drive by shooting and after the corrupt judge lets the killers walk, she disappears for 5 years and becomes a hand to hand combat expert with tactical weapons expertise and comes back and goes ape****.  You can probably fill in the rest.  She's a cross between Sarah Connor and John Wick.  She does a good job going from the cute and fun "What's in your wallet?" girl to a bloodthirsty revenge machine.  She's clearly the best actor in this movie, she's pretty believable as a grieving widow.

I went in with low expectations, came away pleasantly surprised.  For a brainless revenge movie, it's a solid B.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 5:43 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well after Netflix suggested the terrible movie "Knock Knock", it redeemed itself with the Jennifer Garner flick, Peppermint.

Dude, Peppermint ROCKED!!! Not sure how it slipped under the radar since 2018, but glad I found it! Very entertaining hour and 40 minutes on a Saturday night! 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 1:28 PM, Springfield said:

Tenet.

If you like Inception, Interstellar, and Memento it’s like Christopher Nolan decided to just throw all 3 of those movies together and see what happens. It’s a thinker.

Loved the movie but jeez does my brain hurt afterwards. It's at Redbox now too. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

Loved the movie but jeez does my brain hurt afterwards. 

just watched it. It’s a great movie and the payoff is fantastic. The way they weave the “mechanic” together is jaw dropping and creates some truly genius scenes and moments. It doesn’t have the emotional hit that either Inception or Interstellar do but it succeeds without them. Still it doesn’t rise to either of those for me, as much as I enjoyed it 

but holy hell it’s so overly complicated. They really could have helped the audience out with some better explanations and hand holding in Act 1. I’m actually really glad I didn’t see it in theater too because without the ability to pause or have subtitles I’d have been entirely lost and even after just finishing it and enjoying it I know I might be around 75% understanding level and will need to watch it again. I never felt that way with Inception or Interstellar. 

really fun movie though. Great acting too but again here it’s just doesn’t rise to the level of his past work 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 4:26 PM, abdcskins said:

Train to Busan. I'm over zombie movies/shows. The majority of the film is evading zombies on a train. C.

You give Train to Busan a C?!  I’m also over zombie movies, for now, but that one might be the cream of the crop.  

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 3:59 AM, Destino said:

You give Train to Busan a C?!  I’m also over zombie movies, for now, but that one might be the cream of the crop.  

You said a mouthful, TTB sits in the top 5 zombie movies. Koreans take good and different angles with the horror genre.

Watch #Alive....it was frustratingly good.

Edited by ClaytoAli