Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

I saw "Cuties" on Netflix (or whatever the french title is for the movie)...after all the controversy by people who had not seen the movie yet claim the critics who liked the movie only liked it because they are pedophiles and Hollywood is full of pedophiles, I wanted to see just how inaccurate all the complaints were lol...long story short, the movie is very good, absolutely nothing about it should bother anyone if they're honest with themselves. Has an uplifting ending and is quite an indictment on social media culture as well as cultures that tend to be oppressive, especially towards females.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Some buddies and I are doing a month-long "Spooktober" where we all each pick a horror flick for to us watch during the week.

First time ever seeing The Thing. I know, I've been slacking, but wow, what a great movie! I now understand the cult following. So many great theories, not to mention the epic main musical theme.

The Thing (1982) - IMDb

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
25 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I made my girlfriend at the time go see that with me. She was ****ed up for a good few weeks. Good times.

It's even better when you have no clue what genre it is going in :ols:. Hits you with some incredible curveballs. 

Mama The Babadook are two more good, relatively recent ones.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

That's the only decent Tom Cruise movie, imo.  (And I was still in the Navy when Top Gun came out.)

Oh, I didn't know there were two movies with the same title. I actually meant the one with Tom Hardy.

17 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Oh, I didn't know there were two movies with the same title. I actually meant the one with Tom Hardy.

OK, cuz the Tom Cruise one is amazing.  Tim Curry plays the Devil...it's monumental to me, as far as movies go.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Some buddies and I are doing a month-long "Spooktober" where we all each pick a horror flick for to us watch during the week.

First time ever seeing The Thing. I know, I've been slacking, but wow, what a great movie! I now understand the cult following. So many great theories, not to mention the epic main musical theme.

I watched The Thing when it came out back in the 80's. I was in my early teens.  I had nightmares for a long time...lol

I re-watched it as an adult. Didn't have nightmares but it is a damn good movie though. 

Edited by zskins
  • Like 3

River's Edge, a 1986 independent movie with pre-Bill and Ted's Keanu, Ione Skye, Crispin Glover and Dennis Hopper.

It's a pretty grim, dark, movie.  Basically a group of teenagers find out that one of the friends in their group murdered his girlfriend and it's all about how they deal with it (or really, don't deal with it).  

It's not a great movie in terms of filmmaking and being polished, but it pulled me in.  Young Keanu, Crispin Glover acting like a weirdo and doing Crispin Glover things, Dennis Hopper tagging along and doing Dennis Hopper things.  I give it a B, as I went in with low expectations and came away decently surprised.

• Like 1