Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Well looks like movie theaters are going to give it another go, starting next weekend.

Big chains like AMC are reopening, at reduced capacity.

Some new movies will actually be released; starting next Friday.

It will be interesting to see how that works out.

I don't know how much I trust people NOT to go to a movie theater when sick with Covid.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I don't know how much I trust people NOT to go to a movie theater when sick with Covid.

It could well be a short experiment.

When the local theaters attempted it, earlier; they had very limited seating capacity.

Since this will be the first attempt with a national chain; will see.

I think you have to completely redesign the theater; to make it safe in a pandemic world. Not sure they can do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Bill and Ted 3 is now available on demand and it's also playing in some theaters.

A good conclusion to the Bill and Ted adventures.   Great to see Alex and Keanu again.  The girls who played their daughters were perfect. Basically, a female Bill and Ted.  Bill & Ted's story came to an end but I could see a spinoff for the girls, if they chose to go that way.  I'll give the movie a solid B.

Spoiler

Loved that it actually wasn't the boys who created the song that saved humanity but their daughters. 

There's also a bonus scene at the end credits.    

If the movie gets a physical release (DVD/BR), they may have bonus scenes of that bonus scenes. Supposedly, they were having fun and filmed 3 or 4 different versions of that.

On 8/15/2020 at 7:26 AM, Springfield said:

That really isn't the issue as the sick will mainly stay home.  The issue is if they are not sick with COVID. Last movie I tried to watch was Power Project - really couldn't get through it. 

Edited by nonniey

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

where did you see this?

Rented it on YouTube. Outstanding movie especially in the friend/loyalty realm. Extremely violent but I can say with all sincerity this is one of the best movies I have ever seen and I've seen a few.

Edited by Chump Bailey

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Did you bootleg this?

No went to tysons with my dad and sat in the back, needed to make time for a father son moment.

erection GIF

:ols: my wife wouldn't of made it through, 2.5 hours, it's not for faint of heart.  Do yourself a favor and look up entropy before you do this.

I saw Tenant today, it gets a B.    The length didn't bother me.  Definitely a Christopher Nolan movie.   I've been hearing hype about this movie for over a year.  I don't think it met the so called hype. 

Spoiler

Actually, once the time travel really came into play in the final part of movie; it was a little confusing. 

It wasn't a bad movie but I don't think it was this great movie; it was made out to be.

11 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I saw Tenant today, it gets a B.    The length didn't bother me.  Definitely a Christopher Nolan movie.   I've been hearing hype about this movie for over a year.  I don't think it met the so called hype. 

Hide contents

Actually, once the time travel really came into play in the final part of movie; it was a little confusing. 

It wasn't a bad movie but I don't think it was this great movie; it was made out to be.

I agree, and thinking of your spoiler tag without giving too much, the difference between this and inception is they had more time to explain something they made up in inception.

There's no amount of time they could've spent to further explain entropy because there are rules that already exist in physics and already 2.5 hour movie. Maybe better examples, but movie tried to explain the explanation. 

It felt like it was meant for folks that if they wanted to read about it come back and watch again, but with that much hype, shouldn't ask folks to pay twice to "get it".

Spoiler

If you invert a pack of kol-aid in that movie, you could turn it back to powder after it was mixed in the water.  But it has to be inverted while it was powder so there can be a time when it was powder to turn it back to.

Having teams of soldiers that learned from each other in time is one technological advantage that would make war against someone with it nearly impossible. Like that Tom Cruise movie, humans "lost" because the aliens could manipulate time and try again after seeing how we would beat them.

This is big reason why I believe if we invented time travel it will be for covert, worst case scenarios, not something you buy off Amazon or Expedia for a vacation. It tried to touch on the implications of this technology to try and talk ourselves out of it, convinced me.

Edited by Renegade7

Finally saw a couple flicks that I’ve been wanting to see. They’ve been reviewed on here, so I won’t add much.

The Lighthouse - Great piece of cinema. Happy to see artists still out there taking chances. I thought the dialect was distracting at times, and I think it would’ve benefited from less dialogue overall. All the strictly visual scenes were incredible. Pattinson and Dafoe were both amazing. (3/4)

Knives Out - My favorite film of the season so far. What an incredible piece of writing and filmmaking. They paid off every single thing. Look to see a Best Picture nom for this and also noms for Daniel Craig and Ana de Armas. They were electric. I expected this to be good, but I didn’t expect to fall in love with it. A nice surprise. (4/4)

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Like 1

I just finished watching The Same Kind of Different as You with my two older kids (teens). It was a good one for showing some historical racial relationships with a Black character running afoul of the KKK.

I think also working to dispel some of the myths about homelessness is important when some of their biological family history. It is definitely a good movie, well written and acted.