Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Jayden Daniels QB LSU

PCS

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

QB injuries are mostly luck.  A hit at a bad angle, getting rolled up on, slamming your hand on a helmet.  

To quote RG3 in a recent vid

"Football is a 100% injury rate. All positions"

There is truth to that. You don't wanna be the chronically injured guy for sure, but nobody is gonna avoid injuries altogether either.

Even Kickers find a way to get hurt, and they pretty much just show up and collect a check.

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Can somebody who speaks Gen Z help me out with this “wassam” thing? Lol

Can somebody who speaks Gen Z help me out with this “wassam” thing?

Old man needs to know too!

I’m still trying to decipher RGIII and his crazy cartoon power cannon or some such talk from a few days ago.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

To quote RG3 in a recent vid

"Football is a 100% injury rate. All positions"

There is truth to that. You don't wanna be the chronically injured guy for sure, but nobody is gonna avoid injuries altogether either.

Even Kickers find a way to get hurt, and they pretty much just show up and collect a check.

You’d think some people are expecting Kingsberry to run power with him 10 times a game. I don’t even think we’ll see anything like the scheme they put together for RG3’s rookie year. 

4 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I’m still trying to decipher RGIII and his crazy cartoon power cannon or some such talk from a few days ago.

Got it. Came from new orleans, makes sense

man i feel old

IMG_4608.png

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

lol RG3 was comparing prospects to characters from a popular anime cartoon called Dragon Ball Z. Why? No idea 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

58 minutes ago, Captain James said:

This is so flipping huge to me if true. One of the key traits I love to see in a football player is that they genuinely love the game. The money is great, but that undying thirst for the game that leads them to be film/practice junkies is awesome.

I hope he doesn't lose this!

Yeah it came off in a question with Beck, he wasn't bragging about it or anything, he just talked about how relentless he is.  Same thing Brian Kelly was touting yesterday on vaarious draft shows -- Daniels work ethic.  I think it was Keim who said he heard they had to come up with a way at the LSU faciluty so he could come in 5 amish to work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Got it. Came from new orleans, makes sense

man i feel old

IMG_4608.png

That's kind of cool actually.

Maybe JD5 can start it trending in the DMV.

I'm gonna do my part.

Next time I greet somebody I'm gonna say, "Wassam to yousum."

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Berggy9598 said:

You’d think some people are expecting Kingsberry to run power with him 10 times a game. I don’t even think we’ll see anything like the scheme they put together for RG3’s rookie year. 

Hey. We don’t talk about the King’s berry here.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

If I could impart one phrase for JD to focus on when times are tough, when the path to victory looks impossible, when things are just going terribly, it would be…

”no pressure, no diamonds.”

*ducks and runs*

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/40032340/jayden-daniels-feels-no-pressure-commanders-qb-history

Oh no, he already muttered the first half of the phrase.

I just knew he was going to be a bust 😆

• Haha 2

An obviously pleased Josh Harris on the process of selecting Jayden Daniels…

Dan Quinn on drafting Jayden Daniels, the man behind the tinted glasses…

A look back: JP Finlay interviews Adam Peters on what he wants from the 2nd pick, one month ago

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thanks 4

I don't think I have seen an interview where Josh Harris looked that chill... outside of the ones where he was probably blitz'd lol

Dude was mellow, flashed as smile several times, like a weight was lifted off his shoulders.

Good to see. He's bought in.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

On 4/26/2024 at 5:30 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah it came off in a question with Beck, he wasn't bragging about it or anything, he just talked about how relentless he is.  Same thing Brian Kelly was touting yesterday on vaarious draft shows -- Daniels work ethic.  I think it was Keim who said he heard they had to come up with a way at the LSU faciluty so he could come in 5 amish to work.

This bit was awesome to me when AP echoed it. AP (re)told this story during his presser on night one. He mentioned how LSU had to change the passcodes to the facility so JD could come in early and stay late. That's my QB1. It's mentioned around 11:10 in the below video -

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1BRKjPeZbDQJw

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Just Released:

Logan Paulsen, London Fletcher and Fred Smoot conduct  interview with Jayden...

He didn’t talk to the media much pre draft but he did say he didn’t need to because the teams knew him already. I see why he says it. He is very charismatic for quiet guy. 

Best thing about this interview was him talking about getting the WRs (HOFMers btw) to come in early with him. They all took a jump this last season. And with the way his coach talked about him being one of the best leaders he has ever seen, I wonder how much of that growth on offense can be attributed to his leadership. I don’t think it’s a stretch to think he had a major hand in getting his guys in there and working their asses off. Which lead to crazy success for all of them. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Excerpt from Dan Brugler's The Beast Draft Guide:

3. JAYDEN DANIELS | LSU 6035 | 210 lbs. | 5SR San Bernardino, Calif. (Cajon) 12/18/2000 (age 23.35) #5
BACKGROUND: Jayden Daniels, who has an older sister (Bianca), was born and raised in Southern California. He played multiple sports throu ghout childhood,
including basketball, soccer and track. But his father (Javon), who played college football as a cornerback at Washington and Iowa State (and is now a coach), put a
football in his hands at age 5, and it quickly became his favorite sport. Daniels started playing flag football at 5 and Pop Warner tackle football at 7. After spending his
first year on defense (his dad wanted his son to be a cornerback like him), Daniels, who grew up idolizing Donovan McNabb (why he wears No. 5 jersey), moved to
quarterback at age 8 and captained the San Bernardino Firebirds. At age 10, he started working with quarterback trainer Ryan Porter.
Daniels attended Cajon High School (his parents’ alma mater) in San Bernardino and was expecting to start out on the freshman and JV teams, but he was put on
varsity and earned the starting job at only 5-foot-11 and 130 pounds (he needed a waiver from a doctor to be cleared to play). He passed for 2,694 yards, 35
touchdowns and 10 interceptions in his first season, leading the team to an 11-2 record in 2015. As a sophomore, Daniels accounted for 2,014 total yards and 19
touchdowns (13 passing, six rushing). His breakout season came as a junior when he passed for 5,139 yards, rushed for 1,292 yards and scored 77 total touchdowns
(62 passing, 15 rushing), leading Cajon to a 14-2 record and the 2017 sectional title (lost in the state title game). As a senior, Daniels completed 70.7 percent of his
passes for 4,515 yards and 60 touchdowns, adding 1,536 rushing yards and 16 touchdowns on the ground. He was named an Under Armour All-American and led
Cajon to 12 wins and the 2018 league championship, although the team again lost in the state final. Daniels finished his career with a Southern Section-record 14,007
passing yards and 170 touchdowns as Cajon went 44-10 with him as a starter (Cajon renamed its stadium after Daniels in January 2024). He also ran track and set
personal bests of 11.37 seconds in the 100 meters, 23.64 in the 200, 50.54 in the 400, 16.82 in the 110 -meter hurdles and 42.44 in the 300-meter hurdles.
A four-star recruit, Daniels was the No. 2 dual-threat quarterback in the 2019 class (one spot behind Bo Nix, one ahead of Sam Howell) and the No. 3 recruit in
California (behind Kayvon Thibodeaux and Bru McCoy). He was the No. 35 recruit nationally. Daniels’ first offer (Arizona) arr ived the summer before his junior year,
but his recruitment really took off after his standout junior season. In the six months immediately after the 2018 season, he received offers from 20-plus schools,
including national powerhouses like Alabama, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Ohio State and UCLA. He’d grown up attending USC games during the Matt Leinart and
Reggie Bush era, but he connected with head coach Herm Edwards and his vision at Arizona State. Daniels committed to the Sun Devils in December 2018 and
enrolled a month later as the prized recruit of Edwards’ tenure in Tempe. Daniels started immediately as a freshman at Arizona State and helped Brandon Aiyuk
emerge as a first-round pick in 2019. The 2020 season was cut short because of the pandemic, and the program looked rudderless in 2021. Daniels earned his degree
from Arizona State (December 2021) and entered the transfer portal (February 2022). He committed to LSU over Oklahoma and ret urned for his fifth season in 2023.
Daniels skipped the 2023 bowl game and declined his invitation to the 2024 Senior Bowl.

YEAR (GP/GS) CP-ATT CP% YDS TD INT CAR YDS AVG TD NOTES
2019: (12/12) 205-338 60.7 2,943 17 2 125 355 2.8 3 Arizona State; First true freshman to start season opener in ASU history
2020: (4/4) 49-84 58.3 701 5 1 33 223 6.8 4 Arizona State; Pandemic-shortened season
2021: (13/13) 197-301 65.4 2,380 10 10 138 710 5.1 6 Arizona State
2022: (14/14) 266-388 68.6 2,913 17 3 186 885 4.8 11 LSU; Led team in rushing; Led all FBS QBs in rushing yards
2023: (12/12) 236-327 72.2 3,812 40 4 135 1,134 8.4 10 LSU; Heisman Trophy; Davey O’Brien Award; SEC Off. POY; First team All -SEC
Total: (55/55) 953-1,438 66.3 12,749 89 20 617 3,307 5.4 34
HT WT HAND ARM WING 40-YD 20-YD 10-YD VJ BJ SS 3C BP
COMBINE N/A (invited, but no measurements, skill drills or workout — choice)
PRO DAY 6035 210 9 3/8 32 1/2 76 3/4 - - - - - - - - (throwing only)
STRENGTHS: Explosive plays are all over his tape (accounted for 90 plays of 20-plus yards in 2023) … electric athlete with quick, controlled feet (his father was a
cornerback, and Daniels moves like one) … slithery in the pocket, and his internal clock matured at an encouraging rate … quick release and can attack every inch of
the field vertically and horizontally … identifies voids pre-snap and has done a better job calming his eyes when scanning … excels with his placement on downfield
throws (67.0 percent completions and 22-to-0 touchdown-to-interception rate on throws of 20-plus yards in 2023) … shows the arm confidence to attack small
windows … stays balanced when navigating the pocket or feeling bodies around him … dangerous runner with the acceleratio n that destroys pursuit angles …
outstanding vision, especially at the second and third levels, using blocks and quick cuts to elude defenders … adopted a tir eless work ethic to understand every
nuance of the offense (LSU head coach Brian Kelly: “His work in the offseason was unbelievable … we used to cut off how long players could stay in the building but
had to change our protocols and give players unlimited access because Jayden basically lived here.”) … mature and accountable leader (voted team captain prior to
the 2023 season) … finished his college career with a 37-18 win-loss record as a starter … put together a consensus All-American final season with an FBS-best 412.2
total yards per game (74.1 yards ahead of Drake Maye at No. 2 on the list), becomi ng the first player in SEC history with 3,800-plus passing yards and 1,000-plus
rushing yards in a single season.
WEAKNESSES: Slender bone structure with lean features and limited growth potential … processing has improved, but he will leave reads too quickly … more likely to
scramble than create second-chance throws when pressured … lived outside the numbers in LSU’s offense … accuracy suffers when he adds RPMs to his throws,
usually missing high … can be more precise with his placement to make things easier on his receivers … takes too many hits on keepers, draws and scrambles and
needs to better protect his body to stay durable in the NFL … benefited from elite wide receiver talent at LSU … will turn 24 as a rookie.
SUMMARY: A two-year starter at LSU, Daniels was a dual-threat quarterback in former offensive coordinator Mike Denbrock’s spread, read-based offense (minimal
play-action). Previously stuck in a deteriorating situation at Arizona State, he transferred to Baton Rouge, received consistent coaching and thrived with the Tigers,
including a prolific and decorated 2023 season (became the first player in college football history with 12,000 -plus passing yards and 3,000-plus rushing yards in a
career). As a passer, Daniels plays with poise and balanced feet, and he uncoils with a rapid release and the arm talent to layer throws to all thr ee levels, doing his
best work on deep outside throws (slot fades, posts, etc.). His processing skills are ascending but still have plenty of room for improvement, especially once he is
pressured (he is more likely to scramble than create second-chance throws once moved from his spot). While not overly creative as a passer or runner, his athletic
instincts produce explosive runs and are part of what makes him dangerous. Overall, Daniels is a smooth point guard from the pocket when his eyes stay on
schedule, and his dazzling run skills make him a problem for defenses. This isn’t an apples-to-apples comparison, but NFL scouts say he forces opponents to
defend him like Lamar Jackson.

Edited by Bifflog
  • Thanks 2

On 4/26/2024 at 5:15 PM, Conn said:

lol RG3 was comparing prospects to characters from a popular anime cartoon called Dragon Ball Z. Why? No idea 

Damn, all those 2012 QBs were total dorks.

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

I don't think I have seen an interview where Josh Harris looked that chill... outside of the ones where he was probably blitz'd lol

Dude was mellow, flashed as smile several times, like a weight was lifted off his shoulders.

Good to see. He's bought in.

Not only that (and we knew this dude was smart and soaking it all in) but he’d clearly been a ****ing sponge through this whole process. 6 months ago he couldn’t carry a football conversation at all. He’s obviously more comfortable now, but part of that is he’s learning and becoming more confident that he knows what he’s talking about. Peters and Quinn have been filling his head with decades of football experience and it shows. I don’t mean he could do the job himself lol, I just mean he’s becoming football literate on a higher level and able to easily handle the press questions around football issues. Like you said, he’s relaxed. But part of it is he knows what he’s talking about quite a bit more than when he got here. 

• Thumb up 1