Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Jayden Daniels QB LSU

PCS

11 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Woah I am wrong WAY more often then this guy 

It's not quantity with socal It's quality.

Uh oh, he's typing, I think I done messed up this time.

Edited by redskinss

26 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'll give you credit, no matter how many times you're supremely confidently dead wrong you don't shy away from coming in for some crow.

You get that Maye jersey returned back to Amazon yet?

😁

We are all fans of the team. It’s good to have differing opinions. This is the honeymoon period and I am going into it with a positive outlook. It’s been negative for so long, I want to feel bought into the front office, staff and ownership. I gave my opinions before the pick was made and now that he’s the QB, I am going to give him a chance and try to be as positive as possible. 

I really do hope I am wrong on my pre draft assessment on this one. Time will tell. We will cross that bridge once we get some games under the belt. My absolute preference is for him to light up the league and get us a Lombardi. I’m 50 now and I want to see us win another one or three before I die. If he’s the guy to do it, I am happy to eat all the crow in the world. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Extremely likable.

Has fought through some stuff. 

I love it. 

This is not RG3 all over again as a person.

Not corny, not fake.  All about the ball. 

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

17 minutes ago, skinsarethebest said:

I always thought it was a bit odd that the Bears didn’t even kick the tires around Daniels…. I could have seen him being in contention for the #1 pick.  And before you say I don’t know what I’m talking about, I’m a grad student at USC so I’ve had a close look at Caleb these past two years.  Definitely has some stuff he needs to work on.

I thought about that during the process too.

I think Chicago was initially scared that Caleb might try to pull an Eli so he could play here.

Particularly, after we stole Kingsbury from Vegas and there were rampant rumors that Magic Johnson, who knows Caleb and his family intimately, was instrumental in recruiting Kliff to dc.

So, in order to make Caleb as comfortable as possible, they over compensated, and told him  from day one that they were all in for him and they weren't considering anyone else.

They were afraid to give him any reason whatsoever to think there might be an alternative to playing for the Bears.

Perhaps, in the long run, it will turn out that spurning other players, and committing to Caleb was there worst mistake, and our greatest boon.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Regardless, I'm giving myself credit for it, which means you need to respect me more.

this declaration invites the intriguing inquiry "could we possibly respect you less?"....

:evil: 

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

We are all fans of the team. It’s good to have differing opinions. This is the honeymoon period and I am going into it with a positive outlook. It’s been negative for so long, I want to feel bought into the front office, staff and ownership. I gave my opinions before the pick was made and now that he’s the QB, I am going to give him a chance and try to be as positive as possible. 

I really do hope I am wrong on my pre draft assessment on this one. Time will tell. We will cross that bridge once we get some games under the belt. My absolute preference is for him to light up the league and get us a Lombardi. I’m 50 now and I want to see us win another one or three before I die. If he’s the guy to do it, I am happy to eat all the crow in the world. 

I have that crow, prepped and ready to go with seasoning in golden containers for that occasion.   🙂  

6 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Because you said this, I'm going to go into the archives and post every word Om wrote about RGIII during his rookie year.

I honestly find it slightly strange the degree to which this fanbase turned on him. His career is truly bizarre.

1. Totally reinvent the game of football for 12 weeks.

2. Destroy your knee because your coach is a stubborn ass and the field was filled with medical waste.

3. Release a dumb video.

4. Be bad at football.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I am happy to eat all the crow in the world. 

No need, from where I stand.

You fought the good (though brutally relentless, over bearing, and occasionally crude lol) fight, when the outcome was in question, and now that the decision has been made, you're firmly committed  to our quarterback.

That's good enough for me.

All the rest is the past, and the past is dead and buried, unless we repeat it.

Into the breech together!

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Extremely likable.

Has fought through some stuff. 

I love it. 

Didn’t RG3 immediately try starting his own brand/label within a month of being drafted?  He wasn’t really serious about his craft, but it seems like JD5 is.  Wanted Maye, but the more I hear about this kid, the more excited I am getting.  

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Respect Gif - IceGif

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Just watching these hilights that we’ve all seen before I'm so impressed with Daniels quick processing, but also his instincts as a runner.

We are going to be lethal in the red zone. Daniels’ threat as a runner both inside and on the edge  is going to open up things for the passing and running games and it will limit the aggressiveness of attacking defenses. One mistake, one man missing a gap or freelancing and boom just like that he gashes you for 6.

I am so excited for what is to come.

Awesome point about the red zone! Many times over the years we've had offenses that seemed to move the ball at will up and down the field, only to get stunted in the RZ. I hadn't even thought about how JD should help with that. Sick!

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I just made it up off the top of my head, hoping someone would ask me what the other 12 keys to success were.

Another key is.....Never let them see you sweat. 

Or maybe that's just a deodorant commercial.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Didn’t RG3 immediately try starting his own brand/label within a month of being drafted?  He wasn’t really serious about his craft, but it seems like JD5 is.  Wanted Maye, but the more I hear about this kid, the more excited I am getting.  

I think Daniels already has a website selling shirts or something actually. But just like then I don’t think I care much as it’s probably run by parents or managers or something. 

I hope he sells enough shirts that he takes vetmin+ for his second contract! Moar shirts!! 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Because you said this, I'm going to go into the archives and post every word Om wrote about RGIII during his rookie year.

We'd have to craft a new rule to protect the community from such a heretofore unimaginable and horrific offense of cosmic magnitude.....

• Haha 1

For the sake of accuracy, according to Rapoport, it seems like Daniels indeed *was* upset / “miffed” about the Top Golf thing but the fact Peters & Quinn picked him up personally (as was reported) and he met straight with Harris got him back excited.

I think it’s clear that there’s a little bit of neediness there, not in a bad way necessarily, but a sensitivity to feeling supported. Which is understandable.

but just pointing out ( @Llevron;) ) that reading into what happened wasn’t pure irrational fan mania. There *was* smoke there and it seems like the two sides just worked it out. No doubt in significant part bc of how bullish we were on him.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening back and forth from Beck his QB coach on 980 and Jayden's press conference.

Beck talking about Jayden's workaholic tendences, Jayden already called Beck post draft and wants to throw with him tomorrow.

This is so flipping huge to me if true. One of the key traits I love to see in a football player is that they genuinely love the game. The money is great, but that undying thirst for the game that leads them to be film/practice junkies is awesome.

I hope he doesn't lose this!

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

The ability to stuff your own face w/ crow is exceedingly underrated.

Props to everyone who showed up for mild ribbing

And shame on those who slink away from it and choose to hide.

We're not even allowed to dunk that hard.

I'd be putting the Vince Carter dunk package to shame if I could do it without fear of repercussion.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

1) he literally is a running QB, everyone including Jayden himself has talked about his running as a weapon

2) nobody has said he’s *only* a running QB, people have questioned his size/durability/ability to protect himself and people have critiqued his passing as they have every prospect, but nobody has said Jayden is a running back who can’t throw

3) we all know what you’re referring to and nobody has trafficked in those dog whistles. It’s like you’re fabricating those things specifically to make this call-out. I will leave it at that.

More than anything, I’m glad he’s here because he was clearly Peters’ and Quinn’s choice and that’s what we want — investment and buy-in from the key stakeholders involved.

Now let’s put this young man in a position to succeed and hope he reaches his electrifying potential!

If I missed anyone acknowledging the fact that he’s arguably the most polished pocket passer among the first round QBs in their critique then my bad. Confirmation bias is not a dog whistle and  I’ll point it out when I see it every single time. The poster I was responding to also felt the need to say that he would prefer “a Payton Manning or a Tom Brady”. Am I allowed to say that’s confirmation bias or is that a dog whistle too? 

Edited by Berggy9598

So, something I was thinking about yesterday, especially after we drafted Daniels.

One of the biggest concerns for many is his frame/size which could lead to injuries.

Here's the thing, I'm not sure his size is really that big a deal when compared to injury risk.  (pun intended)

Burrow has been injured significantly twice.  Mahomes has missed a little time.  Hurts has missed games.  Lamar has missed games.  Dak has missed games.  Herbert has missed games.  

I'm not sure if Daniels weighed 10-15 more pounds it would change his prospect of injury.  

QB injuries are mostly luck.  A hit at a bad angle, getting rolled up on, slamming your hand on a helmet.  

To me, the key for Daniels is he needs to eliminate unnecessary hits.  All QBs are going to get hit.  But if you eliminate as many unnecessary hits as you can, you limit the exposure and the chance of injury.  

One thing which bodes very well for Daniels is he is very good at underneath throws and quick game already.  If Kliff structures an offense around that + the run game, they can dramatically lesson the number of hits Daniels is exposed to.  

They WILL present him as a run threat from time to time.  But as we saw with Griffin, on designed runs to the QB, you can actually design the play away from contact. 

I have come around to the position any of these QBs can get hurt at any time for any reason.  Richardson is 6-4 245lbs.  He got hurt.

Does his slight frame increase the risk?  I'm honestly not sure it really does.  Given the number of QBs who get injured anyway.  You could argue "if the big guys get hurt, the skinny guys will get hurt more."  That might be true.  I'm not entirely sure I believe it.

I'm excited for him as a prospect.  I think he's going to work really hard, and he has the tools.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1