Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Jayden Daniels QB LSU

PCS

23 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

As a member of Maye Nation I have to say…I think we may have simply over valued him and under valued Daniels. By just about every count JD5 was QB2 in this draft, not Maye who only a small minority preferred. Nothing is guaranteed of course, but this was the right pick. Im fully on board(but do think Maye will also end up being good if the Pats develop him properly).

03be639ff218c28e3b5f50a41fcfcb52.jpg.cc47fb43f08bbbc0b1e67f420358e657.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Prolly

Feels like a replacement for #TakeCommand

and on the nose-ish-ly lacks reference to current branding.

It replaced #HTTC to display the logo on Twitter. Last year they had a fan poll between #TakeCommand and #HTTC with #HTTC winning. #RaiseHail as you stated doesn’t reference a name and it starts with an R as well. Not to get into a topic that shall not be spoken about but it’s obviously a positive sign about possible changes to come. 

2 hours ago, Going Commando said:

...We've really only got Terry and Robinson and a bunch of aging former stars who we brought in to show us how to play, and none of these guys are going to blow up and get 90 something grades on PFF.  So unless Jahan makes a massive leap like Nico Collins did, we need better weapons.  The sooner the better too.  We want Jayden to hit the ground running, because that helps secure everyone's job.  If he struggles and has a Bryce Young-type season, that puts everyone on the hot seat in year two.

It will be interesting to see if Jahan plays better this year with a different offensive scheme and QB. It's not like Terry had a great year either with the lack of other pass catching options. We could think differently about the current offensive players with these new guys running things.

1 minute ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

It will be interesting to see if Jahan plays better this year with a different offensive scheme and QB. It's not like Terry had a great year either with the lack of other pass catching options. We could think differently about the current offensive players with these new guys running things.

Maybe.  But I think Terry is who he is at this point in his career: a bankable 1,000 yard receiver who brings superior intangibles to the table and can fit in almost in position and scheme.  That's a big piece to have, but I would be surprised if he busts out into 90 something grade territory next year, just due to having better coaching and QB play.  Ideally, guys like Terry are your second best weapon, not your only good one.

The book isn't written on Jahan yet... but it almost is.  If we're being realistic, it's not likely that he has the kind of breakout third year that Nico Collins had.  Third year breakouts are pretty rare for receivers.  And if Jahan doesn't significantly improve this year and give us a ton more production, then we probably need to move on.

Barring a surprise trade for someone like Deebo or Aiyuk, he's going to get the chance to break out though.  We don't really have anyone else to keep him on the bench or steal targets from him.

• Like 2

I wanna see how a healthy McLaurin bounces back. He was clearly playing hurt from the beginning of last year. He may not be elite but he's damn good and reliable.

Dotson was in EB's doghouse from day one for whatever reason. We saw more passes schemed up for the likes of Cole Turner and Jamison Crowder than we did for Dotson. Admittedly he did have some really terrible drops too, but I think a new scheme is gonna do wonders for him. I mean even under garbage Scotty Turner he looked fantastic as a rook.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Maybe.  But I think Terry is who he is at this point in his career: a bankable 1,000 yard receiver who brings superior intangibles to the table and can fit in almost in position and scheme.  That's a big piece to have, but I would be surprised if he busts out into 90 something grade territory next year, just due to having better coaching and QB play.  Ideally, guys like Terry are your second best weapon, not your only good one.

The book isn't written on Jahan yet... but it almost is.  If we're being realistic, it's not likely that he has the kind of breakout third year that Nico Collins had.  Third year breakouts are pretty rare for receivers.  And if Jahan doesn't significantly improve this year and give us a ton more production, then we probably need to move on.

Barring a surprise trade for someone like Deebo or Aiyuk, he's going to get the chance to break out though.  We don't really have anyone else to keep him on the bench or steal targets from him.

Agreed.

I don't expect Terry's numbers to be too much better (except possibly TDs) but I would hope for better production around him. 

Jahan is definitely playing for his WSH career this year. 

• Thumb up 1

I think the combo of Terry and JD5 being workaholics is really going to rub off on the offense and competitiveness/desire to be the best as cliche as all that sounds. Obviously JD5 isn't going to win the vets over immediately, but when they see him putting in all the time and effort this offseason leading into training camp, etc. it's going to reinvigorate everyone and lead to a big culture shift with the coaching staff, etc. Man I'm so stoked. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BayouBrave86 said:

I think the combo of Terry and JD5 being workaholics is really going to rub off on the offense and competitiveness/desire to be the best as cliche as all that sounds. Obviously JD5 isn't going to win the vets over immediately, but when they see him putting in all the time and effort this offseason leading into training camp, etc. it's going to reinvigorate everyone and lead to a big culture shift with the coaching staff, etc. Man I'm so stoked. 

Sinnott and LMC are also big time workers. It’s  super exciting.

6 hours ago, Going Commando said:

If the drops persist and/or he doesn’t grasp the offense quickly I could see lots of targets going to Sinnott, LMC and Ekeler.

Edited by seantaylor=god

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Holy crap that 2nd throw in the Orlovsky video. I can see Daniels to McLaurin absolutely abusing teams with that.

Amazing he had the guts to make throws like that when receivers were covered and he still only had 4 picks.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I wanna see how a healthy McLaurin bounces back. He was clearly playing hurt from the beginning of last year. He may not be elite but he's damn good and reliable.

Me too, but my real hope is that our coaching staff will take advantage of mismatches like most coaching staffs do. RR and EB never did this. Remember how the Eagles abused us with AJ Brown whenever we put Forbes on him? I hope Kingsbury knows enough, and I'm confidents he will, to abuse mismatches.....Ekeler and Ertz will help with this too.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

He’s gonna wear 86 to honor @BayouBrave86

:lol: I am as big of a pessimist as there is when it comes to my sports teams (have always assumed the worst/kept expectations low), but there are a few players that can shift that mindset towards hope and confidence and JD is one of them. I’ll continue banging that drum that we found our franchise QB finally. It’s a dream scenario for me too as a LSU alum. Was a Skins fan first after all, even though my first memory is a 3-0 home loss to the Jets. :lol: 

25 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Another thing that doesn’t really show up in the highlights but moreso real time is that JD has ice in his veins much like Burrow in that they always keep calm under pressure no matter the circumstances and never get flustered and try and force anything. Think about all the comebacks LSU made this year and the back and forth rope a dopes they had and JD still avoided turning it over when games were on the line. He is as clutch as clutch can be. It’s a travesty he had arguably the worst LSU defense of all time on the other side. Thanks Matt House. 

Edited by BayouBrave86
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

:lol: I am as big of a pessimist as there is when it comes to my sports teams (have always assumed the worst/kept expectations low), but there are a few players that can shift that mindset towards hope and confidence and JD is one of them. I’ll continue banging that drum that we found our franchise QB finally. It’s a dream scenario for me too as a LSU alum. Was a Skins fan first after all, even though my first memory is a 3-0 home loss to the Jets. :lol: 

Another thing that doesn’t really show up in the highlights but moreso real time is that JD has ice in his veins much like Burrow in that they always keep calm under pressure no matter the circumstances and never get flustered and try and force anything. Think about all the comebacks LSU made this year and the back and forth rope a dopes they had and JD still avoided turning it over when games were on the line. He is as clutch as clutch can be. It’s a travesty he had arguably the worst LSU defense of all time on the other side. Thanks Matt House. 

JD has ice in his veins much like Burrow in that they always keep calm under pressure no matter the circumstances

He's got the clutch gene for sure.

Kipling would say something like, he keeps his head when all around him are losing theirs, and blaming it on him.

He fills the unforgiving two minute drill with 120 seconds of distance run.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

33 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Was just about to post this. This is what I meant by the guy does go through his reads and is not just a running QB. And its also an example of why I don't mind how often he ran the ball when pressured. If he has enough room to step into a throw he does it with accuracy. If his first read isn't there he goes through his progressions. And if he has room to run for 9 and get the first he does it. He was able to make these plays that the other guys weren't and that's why he did it. Normally - for most guys - taking off and running on 3rd and 9 isn't the smartest move. For him it was AND it was easy. I cant take credit from him for making the correct play. 

On 4/29/2024 at 11:29 AM, Est.1974 said:

Get him another stud WR and one more upgrade on the OL. Those would be my post draft priorities, even at the cost of 2025 draft picks.

Aiyuk

Could luke mccaffrey be used as a bargaining chip in negotiations with san fran, and thats why we took him where we did? I wouldn't be surprised if SF had wanted to draft him. Obviously it would take much more than just LMC to get the trade done but maybe he could push the deal over the edge

Edited by WashingtonRedWolves

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

My hope is that that's why he played with so much reckless abandon, because he knew he had to score TDs on every drive. Hopefully he wont be in that same situation here and can play more carefully/play the long game more. Its a point Cooley made when reviewing him.

On 4/29/2024 at 11:29 AM, Est.1974 said:

Get him another stud WR and one more upgrade on the OL. Those would be my post draft priorities, even at the cost of 2025 draft picks.

Yes to the upgrades. No to the 'even at the cost of 2025 draft picks'. Unless it's a really really really good deal.....

The coaches are, at least in my opinion, not in win now mode. We need to accumulate draft picks for next year, to continue to build that foundation that lasts for years to come.

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

interesting I recall Daniels said in an interview his dad is his biggest critic including telling him at times he sucks when he's off

At the end of the video the reporter mentions that Friday May 10th is the start of Commanders rookie minicamp. That's the first time I recall seeing that mentioned.

I already knew that the new head coach optional minicamp begins on the 14th.

Mark your calendars accordingly.

• Like 3