Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 11 - The Commanders vs. The Giants

zCommander

In spite of what we've seen in the past involving games with the Giants, Washington wins this one.  Moreover, it shouldn't be a nail-biter type of win.  Giants seem depleted due to injuries, and maybe even demoralized at this point of the season.  

Washington 31 Giants 16

On 11/13/2023 at 12:52 AM, 88Comrade2000 said:

This will be our biggest win of the season. 

Agree.

Prediction: The Commanders list Emmanuel Forbes as inactive, then sneak him into NFL Headquarters where he disables all of the replay monitors.

Commanders 74, Giants 3.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Haha 1

The Eagles were the first team that Howell got a second crack at (and vice versa) and he definitely passed the test.  I expect Howell to have a much better game against the Giants in this game, I just don't know if it will matter unless the defense does better.  For some reason this season every game in which our offense scores a lot of points, the defense gives up as many or more points.  I don't see the Giants scoring a lot of points Sunday (even if they get a lot of yards again) so I think the Commanders are going to win, but this team has made it nearly impossible to feel confident about anything.

On 11/13/2023 at 12:52 AM, 88Comrade2000 said:

This will be our biggest win of the season.

Quite possibly our "last" win of the season.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

This is the week to finally record a shutout. Won't happen, but if we are to snap our shutout drought, it'll be this week.

I don't know, I'm betting we at least kick a field goal at some point.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, London Kev said:

We absolutely, positively, 100% can not and will not lose this game.

Everything works on offense, everything fails on defense. Whatever number the bookies offer, take the over.

RedTeam Commanders 34

giants 24

Man if the Giants score 24 with Tommy freaking Devito that would be an embarrassment even if we still win by two scores.

• Thumb up 1

Our secondary is painfully awful. But the Giants are awful too. Both fighting to be the cellar dweller.  I just can't see us blowing them out, because we never do. And our secondary will keep them in the game. And this may sound like a contradiction to that, but I could see Emmanual Forbes actually getting a pick, and Ron claiming he worked through something. 

Commando's - 34

Giants: 31

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Man if the Giants score 24 with Tommy freaking Devito that would be an embarrassment even if we still win by two scores.

Tommy Devito lives with his parents which means he doesn't have to do his own laundry or make his own meals, which in turn leaves him more time for football.

This is not a joke, this is literally what the announcers were saying last week during the Giants game when talking about the advantages of living with your parents.

why win?  they have no chance of competing in the playoffs!  not with that defense.  even if they did miraculously made the playoffs, they would still lose to the division winners.  there is no way these guys will play the weakest division winner which will probably be the NFC South.  they would need to get to surpass the cowboys to play as the #5 seed!  this is THE GAME for them to FINALLY FIRE RON AND JDR if they LOSE this game!