Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 11 - The Commanders vs. The Giants

zCommander

This is going to be quite possibly the worst opponent we face all year, and one of the worst Giants teams in recent memory.  With all of that said, this will STILL be a close game, but I have Washington eeking out a win.  Tommy DeVito will have his best day all year throwing the ball, and Saquon Barkley should do well against us (like he always does).  I think we can throw the ball on the Giants, so if we get a lead early, we should be able to hold on, but the defense will definitely make it hard for us to feel confident that we can convincingly.

N.Y. Giants 21

Washington 28

I think DeVito will have the ball with a chance to win the game, but they go 4 & Out around the WSH 30, and we collectively exhale and unclench our assholes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Heyy, I'm going to this game, and I know this isn't the thread to ask fedex questions but I haven't been there in years and have a different situation this time.

Long story short, staying at nearby hotel - is uber to the stadium the way to go?  Seems you're dropped at a "rideshare" spot or something?  I'm sure the local ubers know what's up, I just want a heads up. 

Also first time sitting club level.  Is it truly a better experience?  Less crowded bathrooms, there's bars/restaurants up there?  Row 1 in 324 is killer seats yeah?

Lastly, do people...on any level, hang out in the stadium afterward to watch the 4oclock games?  Or do you gotta get somewhere if you're that interested in the late games?

Again sorry for the off topic post, so for that matter...if we're going to have one "easy" win this year, it has to be this one.   Giants are done, EB/Sam seem to have figured a way to work around this offensive line so to speak.  The giants have that big fella that I think could easily stop the run up the middle but good news: we don't like running the ball anyway.  It almost worked last week, but this time I can see Terry having a big game, among other WRs.  Ball control through passing/extention of the run game.  With a bit of "**** it I'm going deep" that actually succeeds this time.  

WAS 34

NYG 16

And I like the black jerseys. Fight me.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I don't understand the angst. I mean, I guess I do, but for all the things that Rivera does horribly he also does some things consistently well too: win November games more often than not and sometimes beat ****ty teams. 

Rivy is not the worst thing ever.

He turned out to be the best choice at the time.

But with overture in the franchise, we no longer need his trajectory of "painfully mid" and can shoot for more.

Everybody is just anxious to move on to the next thing is all. Especially when so many of us figured it was most likely inevitable before the season started.

In terms of the Vegas angle, the lean has to be Giants here. Some curious movement. It opened at -10 and now sits -8 in some spots. That’s significant movement and that’s with several key Giants in concussion protocol and probably little incentive for them to move them out. 

As a gambler I don’t really like this game either way, but I’d advise anyone who places wagers to be a bit wary on this one. Right now I’m thinking a 6-8 point win for Commanders. And then people will make the dumb mistake of thinking if they can’t blow out the Giants that it means they can’t hang with Cowboys and we could be in a reverse position on Thanksgiving. As a matter of fact, if you are hoping to place $$ on Washington on Turkey Day, the best possible outcome this Sunday would probably be an ugly Washington win that most people brush off. 

29 minutes ago, kleese said:

As a matter of fact, if you are hoping to place $$ on Washington on Turkey Day, the best possible outcome this Sunday would probably be an ugly Washington win that most people brush off. 

They will anyways.  The prevailing narrative will be how the Cowboys blew it, even if we win in dominating fashion.

19 minutes ago, zCommander said:

INJURIES

RB Antonio Gibson (toe) did not participate in Wednesday's practice.

WR Curtis Samuel (toe) limited

CB Benjamin St.-Juste (illness) DNP

Rumor has it that St.-Juste is suffering from 3rd degree burns. 😜

Geez, this game has all the makings for a Giants win.

1. Giants too far back to possibly play for contention. CHECK

2. The Giants back-up's back-up QB is starting, CHECK

3. Rivera's playing/praying for a playoff spot. CHECK

4. Commies' defense couldn't stop Rue Paul. CHECK

5. Division game. CHECK

6. Giants always seems to win these games. CHECK

7. Phil Simms urinated on the field while yelling " The Devil's Rain ". CHECK

* Will this team ever, EVER, get their act together and be a perennial threat? Not by losing to teams like the Giants...

• Thumb up 1

They're ravaged by injuries. We need to blow this team out so we can rest guys in the 2nd half with a short work week coming up.

If this game is within one score in the 3rd quarter or later then you have to fire people Monday morning I don't care if we're playing only a couple days later.

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

They're ravaged by injuries. We need to blow this team out so we can rest guys in the 2nd half with a short work week coming up.

If this game is within one score in the 3rd quarter or later then you have to fire people Monday morning I don't care if we're playing only a couple days later.

It's so criminal the NFL gave us 2 Thursday night games without a bye week.  Nevermind the fact that we play the Cowboys, a much better team during that span.   That is extremely brutal and crazy.  

23 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

You think this defense is capable of holding a lead, much less a blowout??  This will be the typical game (extremely frustrating), which is back and forth until late in the game, when DeVito throws a pick or fumbles the ball.  It will probably be a one score game.  I would be shocked if we won by 10-14 points or more.  This defense will let DeVito have over 200 Yards passing and at least 2TD's minimum.  It's what we do best.

Keep in mind, that this team in 4 years under Rivera has only won a game by 20+ or more exactly 2 times (both times strangely enough to the Cowboys).  We're incapable of blowing teams out, or even winning games by 14+ or more.  We're just not built that way.

Edited by samy316