Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

I listened to Sheehan this morning and they were discussing who to replace Turner with and my vote goes to Zampese who is on the staff.

Most good coordinators will not come to Washington until they know who the owner will be.  If they come here and the new owner fires Ron

and the entire staff then that could be career suicide for them.  By firing Turner Ron takes the heat off himself.

I am wondering if Washington does not sign Heinke will Heinke follow Scott Turner to his next team?  Of course, Turner is still getting paid for a few more years by Washington so Turner could sit out next year completely and then Heinke could not wait for him to catch on with another team.  It is a huge relief that Turner is

gone.  You cannot lose to the Giants twice and to Cleveland by not scoring enough points.  Looking back now it is good we lost to Cleveland.  If we had made

the playoffs, then Ron would probably have kept Turner and we would have suffered next year with him as the offensive coordinator.

38 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

what did he say?  I can't access twitter from work.

He said “sure, I’d love to coach again [long pause] who’s the owner?” And they laugh and agree Snyder wouldn’t hire him again, and he wouldn’t work for Snyder again. All jokes, basically. Not serious. 

For whatever reason, nobody wants Jay Gruden. Maybe he doesn't want to go all the way back to QB coach. Maybe it's because of the **** with his brother. I don't know and don't care. His hits on 980 and 106.7 are terrible, worse than when Kevin had Mike Shanny on all the time to rewrite his history.

Beat Reporters are 10x better when talking about this team. You want to get into X's and O's. Then your guy is Logan Paulsen. 

Gruden was also on 980 the other day and didn't sound like he had any real desire to coach. Of course he'd listen to offers because of the money and all that but it sounded like he was enjoying his life just golfing and taking the occasional consulting gig for quick easy six figures.

Seems like a blessing in disguise that they didn't make the playoffs this year. We'd be seeing a first round exit and another season of jet sweep fever and empty sets on 3rd and short.

As someone who disliked Turner as an OC from the start...it was really putting a damper on any enthusiasm I had to watch the games, almost to Jason Campbell levels. That's an accomplishment.

Edited by SpacePenguin
  • Like 1