Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

If Rivera was going anywhere he wouldn’t be making adjustments to his own staff. They’d just be fired wholesale before he had a chance to individually fire his assistants. This makes it ironclad that Rivera is staying (which was already extremely likely with the timing of the sale).

In fairness, you are talking about an organization that hired an OC before they hired a HC.

12 minutes ago, Conn said:

I could easily see Reid letting him go, they have a good relationship but the entire Chiefs fanbase has been wanting this guy to be hired away forever so they can freshen things up, he’s not that highly thought of by the fans. Obviously he’s very highly thought of by Reid, who would likely let him make a lateral move if it improved his chances of being a HC someday (this is all assuming he doesn’t have HC interest this cycle—he’s interviewed over a dozen times and not gotten hired so that wouldn’t be that surprising).

Maybe he brings Shane Buechele with him to compete with Howell in camp. Just for @KDawg that one. 

Just now, Redskins 2021 said:

Are we sure Rivera out of the woods yet? He could still be fired?

If the team is allowing him to fire coordinators then he’s likely fine. If a sale goes through in the next week or so then he could still be fired. But if that’s not the case he will be here. Even with a new owner most likely this season.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Yng Lady88 said:

But if Ron in his presser said he still wants to be run first/pound the ball, we're screwed no matter who we bring in. Ron the dinosaur needs to go too if that's the case.

I don't believe Ron when he says this, I think he wants to run the ball but as long as he has QBs who cant throw accurately or an O line that can afford a 5 step drop he has to work with what he has.  What kind of O coordinator specializes in the run away?  Until we get a QB that shows he can handle running an NFL style passing offense then you do what you have to do to get by.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 1

And here lies the problem we have going forward!  Even though I never liked Scott turners play calling!  Can we really believe  Ron can pick a good coordinator!  If he’s just going to pick from the tree of past Carolina coaches,  like he’s done with every hire he’s done,  who could we possibly get that’s anywhere close to be exciting!  We may actually get worse!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah this is a bit of mixed messaging with the noise of wanting to be a power run heavy team and the firing of Turner. He had a bunch of crap to work with at QB and OL for most of the time here. The reality is we need Ron gone too asap, as much as I appreciate his attempts at helping us. Grinding out 17-20 points a game is not gonna cut it.

It would be an absolute hell no to Shula.
Omg, get a clue Ron. 

Get a damn Oline and play modern football please, it includes running the ball well and often. Smh. 

The sale will be my Christmas. Can’t wait for it to happen, will feel a lot better about this. 

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

106.7 the fan just said Mike Shula (an old Rivera protege) is an early favorite to replace Turner!

Oh God no!

Another failed coordinator who got his job due to nepotism.

That's the one I'm concerned with.  I hope not.  Posted this in the coaching thread.   

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

It doesn't really matter what Rivera wants anyway because ultimately he's gone after this year unless we somehow win like 12+ games in 2023.

Perfect timing. Gives McVay a year off before Bezos buys him and brings him home.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1