Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

2 hours ago, skinzplay said:

He'll get a legitimate shot in Indy. Hat's off to Irsay for not making this just a "tick the box" Rooney Ruke interview. He's had very strong staff ideas in the past; should be no different now.

You had me going until “he’s had very strong staff ideas in the past” :P 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh you meant Eric B has had very strong staff ideas in the past. Thought you were referring to Irsay, which was funny after he hired Jeff Saturday 

Aaaah gotcha, chief. Yeah I was talking about EB. 🙃

btw, I hope that the impending sale won't adversely affect your position. Let's all hope the morale and everything else is elevating to pre-Snyder levels 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I'm interested to see where he winds up.  Probably back to the QB coach realm for a while, but I'd bet he gets another crack at OC down the line.

That's what I think QB coach somewhere. I can't imagine anyone wants him calling plays.

Good Luck, Scott. Just not with anyone we might play.

13 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

That's what I think QB coach somewhere. I can't imagine anyone wants him calling plays.

Good Luck, Scott. Just not with anyone we might play.

Allbright reported Turner would be on the short list for OC if Harbough took the DEN HC job. There were a few other names there though 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

Allbright reported Turner would be on the short list for OC if Harbough took the DEN HC job. There were a few other names there though 

I guess I should have said "Not an OC that is calling the plays during the games". If Harbaugh wants an OC to design stuff for him to call. I guess I could see that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I guess I should have said "Not an OC that is calling the plays during the games". If Harbaugh wants an OC to design stuff for him to call. I guess I could see that. 

Harbaugh isn’t necessarily a control freak/scheme genius who always calls his own plays. He’s had a bunch of people call plays at Michigan over the year, sometimes splitting the role between multiple assistant co-coordinators. So who knows 

17 minutes ago, Conn said:

Harbaugh isn’t necessarily a control freak/scheme genius who always calls his own plays. He’s had a bunch of people call plays at Michigan over the year, sometimes splitting the role between multiple assistant co-coordinators. So who knows 

We'll see. I don't remember who was his OC in San Fran and if he called plays. Either way, I can't see anyone giving Scott that role right away again.

Jay is entertaining as hell to listen to, as far as I can tell from the online clips I hear from his radio stuff. But dude can spare me any "expertise" about picking coordinators. He had Wade Phillips in the bldg for an interview, and ran the most bizarre, inexplicably nonsensical session you could possibly imagine. And Wade would've taken the job! We all know who he ended up hiring. Yeah, a real sage on coordinator hires.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Jay is entertaining as hell to listen to, as far as I can tell from the online clips I hear from his radio stuff. But dude can spare me any "expertise" about picking coordinators. He had Wade Phillips in the bldg for an interview, and ran the most bizarre, inexplicably nonsensical session you could possibly imagine. And Wade would've taken the job! We all know who he ended up hiring. Yeah, a real sage on coordinator hires.

I’ve always thought that with how back-biting that building has been under Snyder, Gruden didn’t want to bring in someone else with HC experience who would look enticing as an Interim option if things weren’t going well. Of course that duty ended up eventually going to Callahan anyways. But that’s a way that Snyder’s viper pit culture can trickle down to the whole building. 

11 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Since he’s been floated around as a possibility for our vacant OC job. 

Good for them, Bad for Wash. He fits better here is my opinion.  With our fast, quick WR's, Add a all-purpose Back to the mix, Howell and Taylor mobile QB's retool OL. Good D. Draft another mobile QB or 2.  Checks a lot of boxes here is what I think. 

18 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Good for them, Bad for Wash. He fits better here is my opinion.  With our fast, quick WR's, Add a all-purpose Back to the mix, Howell and Taylor mobile QB's retool OL. Good D. Draft another mobile QB or 2.  Checks a lot of boxes here is what I think. 

There are other options that fit the bill. Nobody has been hired yet some we shall see how it all shakes out.