Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New OC Thread (Welcome Aboard Eric Bieniemy!)

samy316

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd pass on Lombardi. He couldn't make it work with Justin freaking Herbert.

Actually it wasn’t Herbert’s fault its more he couldn’t get their running game more involved imho … they ranked near the bottom of yds rushing … and let’s be honest, your up 24-0 at half against the Jags… maybe just maybe it’s their Defense that isn’t all that great … but their HC Staley isn’t firing himself seeing he pretty much is the single caller defensively E8256869-4216-4DF6-85D3-EF84C8A3E086.thumb.jpeg.d18a94041fc5f95b09688d415b403d1e.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

What happened to Leftwich?

Wasn't his name being tossed around for head coach opportunities just last year or the year before?

He almost got the Jags job and turned them down because he wasn’t sure about their GM situation. Whoops. He was in contention for those jobs when he was riding Bruce Arian’s coattails. Given autonomy to design and call the offense he’s been an absolute disaster. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If your goal is to develop a strong Passing O Lombardi would be a good get.

He uses the RBs in the passing game as well so he would re-format both Gibby and B-Rob into next level multi-threats.

O would be a far cry on what it is now tho. Your also talking a fundamental shift from its current philosophy.

5 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

If your goal is to develop a strong Passing O Lombardi would be a good get.

He uses the RBs in the passing game as well so he would re-format both Gibby and B-Rob into next level multi-threats.

O would be a far cry on what it is now tho. Your also talking a fundamental shift from its current philosophy.

I wouldn’t want Lombardi anywhere near young Howell personally. He just forced Herbert into being a low YPA passer. Herbert! 

• Like 1

Argument against this would be reliance on PFF's grading, and the issues their in. Buuut, looks like Scott Turner's credibility fails on more than just stringing playcalls together, but also play design. We do notice occurrences where some plays take too long to develop, or some personnel packages never seem to work right. I think Turner might have lost the forest through the trees here.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, redskinss said:

What happened to Leftwich?

Wasn't his name being tossed around for head coach opportunities just last year or the year before?

They lost their entire interior OL from a year ago.  You saw what happened with our center and guard situation.  They had the same thing.  

20 hours ago, Conn said:

I wouldn’t want Lombardi anywhere near young Howell personally. He just forced Herbert into being a low YPA passer. Herbert! 

Yep. less than 10% of Herbert’s passes went beyond 20 yards this year. With an arm like Herbert’s, that is a massive mistake and sure ticket out of town. Over the last two seasons Herbert is one of the worst quarterbacks in air yards per attempt. I don’t think it’s Herbert. I thinks it’s design.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, justice98 said:

They lost their entire interior OL from a year ago.  You saw what happened with our center and guard situation.  They had the same thing.  

There’s a metric **** ton more to do with it than the OL. His play calling is horrible. He consistently sets up the greatest QB of all time in 3rd and long because he will not pass on early downs. He will not go into hurry-up until he’s forced to (and when he does the Bucs lead the league in efficiency running that—because he’s letting Brady be Brady). He’s a dinosaur. And it was a nightmare combination with Bowles who is the same way but also conservative in 4th & 1 situations, punting from the opposing teams 37 and cowardly stuff like that. Just horrible. It’s way beyond the OL. 

• Like 1